Dr. Mariette Jansen
I help people to overcome anxiety, build confidence and find their purpose (personal mission statement) through coaching and mindfulness
When it feels as if 'life gets in the way', it usually is you getting in the way through your way of thinking and behaving. So-called self-sabotaging. My coaching focusses on understanding what is going on and more importantly how you can take control of your life again. This applies to anxiety, feeling stuck, insecure or lost.
With a background as a psychotherapist, counselling tutor and meditation teacher, I use a range of tools and techniques (hypnosis, mindfulness, NLP, EFT and energy techniques) to support you to move away from where you are. To a place where you are in control of yourself and lead a life that supports your happiness and well-being.
What makes my coaching stand out?
= my system to measure the results
= the integration with mindfulness
= the variety of tools such as NLP, EFT, energy psychology and hypnosis
= Money Back Guarantee
How to start?
Contact me by email or phone 07967717131 to book your FREE introduction session and take it from there.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PhD in The Netherlands - Interpersonal communication
- Diploma Integrative Counselling, including hypnotherapy
- Diploma Personal Performance Coaching (The Coaching Academy)
- Diploma Teaching Adult Education (DTLLS5)
- Certificates: EFT, Hypnotherapy, Energy Healing, Intuitive Psychology, NLP, meditation
- Accredited member of The-Coaching-Academy.
I am a regular contributor to a series of websites on health and well-being and featured in the national press: The Guardian, NOW magazine, The Daily Mail and Sunday Mirror Magazine, Life Style Surrey. I also published a book: ‘Bullshit, non-sense and common-sense about meditation’, a light-hearted introduction to meditation. I am also the creator of award winning ‘best stress management technique’ and my blog is nr 38 of the top 100 coaching and wellness blogs in the UK https://drdestress.co.uk/
I started my professional life as a nurse, but changed direction and went to university to read interpersonal communications and obtained my doctorate. I then became an international management consultant in IT, worked in the UK as a management consultant and changed career after I started a family.
I am a qualified life coach, teacher and counsellor and have worked for over 10 years with individual clients and groups.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Distorted eating patterns
- OCD around food and eating
- Motivational speaker
- Workshops for stress management and self development
- Stress Management
- Mindfulness Meditation
- EFT for mind-body-soul
‘I saw Mariette, when I was so snowed under that I did not have a clue where to start and what to do. Everything seemed to be one big muddle, but talking it through with her made it like a jigsaw puzzle. She is very relaxed and made me focus during the session. The best thing for me was that I received a report the next day, which reflected what we discussed. This made all the difference to me. I was presented with a clear picture on paper and felt much more in control. I knew my priorities, worked at those first, and then the rest fell into place. I got where I needed to be, without a lot of effort, really. Just a few coaching sessions!' Juliet Cordwell, Richmond
‘Mariette is extremely positive and encouraging. I would not have done what I did without her.’ Arike, London
‘My sessions with Mariette kept me focussed and enabled me to deal with the practicalities of my divorce. Even though, I was in emotional turmoil I did not get into that paralising state, where I just wanted to hide and disappear. Very grateful for her support.' Caroline S. Barnes
''I had reached an all-time low and couldn't stop feeling really upset, insecure and nervous. It was not as if some big changes had taken place, but I could not get on with it anymore. A friend recommended Mariette and she has been my life saver. Immediately after the first meeting I had a clearer picture and the homework was for me a great tool to feel more in charge of myself. After 6 weeks and 4 meetings I felt my old self again, but also stronger as I was more aware of what was going on. I learned new skills for life! Thanks Mariette.' Karin G - Head of HR, Guildford
'As I was too busy to have any spare time to spend on myself, I choose the Breakthrough Challenge. Mariette arrived at my office and it felt like a whirlwind of positivity. I gained some dramatic insights and created an action list that got me focussed on solutions and ways to improve my life. The best spent 2 hours in a long time. Highly recommend it.' Louise B, management consultant, PA-Consulting
'Mariette gave me direction in a time that I was overwhelmed and my Things-to-Do list was longer than my notepad. I couldn't sleep, felt exhausted and continuously on the edge. After engaging in 3 sessions with her, my stress levels were dramatically lower and I felt in control and on track in my business and my life. I wish I had come to her earlier.' J. Green, Weybridge
More articles by Mariette Jansen
- How to respond to bullying during divorce
- 7 signals that your work-life balance is out of balance
- 7 reasons why you struggle with decision making
- The trauma of being the daughter of a narcissistic mother
- Five reasons why superwomen don’t create the work-life balance they deserve
- Teenagers and stress: 7 tips to help them deal with it
- Don’t panic, it’s just an attack - And here is how to fight
- Why mindfulness supports the coaching process: 7 benefits
- How to change your work-life balance in 10 steps
- The seven challenge areas for work-life balance
- Being stuck? It might be your blind spot
- How to boost your confidence by being aware of emotions
- Positive thinking or realistic goal setting?
- Seven steps to overcome procrastination
- Three important tips to create balance in weight loss
- Love-hate relationship with food?
- The threefold impact of expectations
- Three main reasons why it is helpful to know yourself
- Four ways to get to know yourself
- The Key to Create Happiness: Connect Head and Heart
- Mindfulness practice: a great tool to move clients forward
- Supporting acceptance, creating change!
- The guilt trip: a big issue! New parents and new emotions!
- Seven tips to take the stress out of returning to work
- Three easy steps to make your New Year Resolutions successful!