The ADHD Advocate - Stephanie Camilleri
Having to live with ADHD can be challenging and sometimes even debilitating. However, it can also be a real superpower if you can take control of it (rather than it take control of you). Understanding how the ADHD brain works is therefore key. ADHD coaching builds hope by educating clients about ADHD. It is instrumental in assisting individuals in developing systems & strategies that can be used to effectively manage their specific ADHD challenges and harness their unique ADHD strengths, which in turn dramatically improves their quality of life.
I have extensive professional expertise and personal experience of ADHD, Coaching and the Law. I am a certified ADHD Coach (AAC) with an ICF ACC credential, an Education Lawyer, a School Governor for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and Mental Health and most importantly, a Parent of children with ADHD that has only recently been diagnosed with ADHD myself.
Having experienced the struggles around the lack of understanding of ADHD in the Education and Healthcare sectors first hand, I founded The ADHD Advocate to raise awareness and champion people with ADHD through a unique combination of Coaching, Education and the Law. The ADHD Advocate helps people understand ADHD - their entitlements to support under law and how they can manage the challenges and harness the strengths that come with ADHD so that they can live happy and meaningful lives in integrity with who they really are. My clients include children with ADHD and their parents, adults with ADHD, teachers, schools and leaders in the corporate world.
As they say, "You don't know what you don't know". However, in the case of ADHD, identifying ADHD and understanding this neurobiological condition is key. Failure to diagnose, a misdiagnosis and/or failure to treat ADHD can have devastating consequences for people with ADHD and their families. For this reason, I have recently joined ADHD Action as a trustee to create change and build "a future where every individual affected by ADHD and their families are understood and fully supported".
Training, qualifications & experience
- International Coaching Federation ("ICF") Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- ADD Coaching Academy ("ADDCA") Associate Coach (AAC)
- Primary School Governor for SEND and Mental Health
- An Advisor to The National Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service ("ADDISS")
- Founder of the London ADHD Support Group on Facebook
- Founder of the ADDCA UK Facebook Group
- Committee member of CAMHS ADHD Planning Workshops
- Founder of the Tetherdown SEND Support Group
- Founder of the Haringey School Governors for SEND Facebook group
- Parent of children with ADHD
- Diagnosed with ADHD as an adult
- Magic Circle Lawyer (qualified in NSW, Australia) with 15+ yrs experience now specialising in Education Law (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities ("SEND")) and Disability Discrimination in the UK
- Education Law Association (ELA)
- National Governance Association (NGA)
- National Association of Special Educational Needs (NASEN)
The ADHD Advocate offers coaching and advocacy services at the following rates payable in advance:
- Coaching - £80/hr
- Advocacy - £150/hr
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|