David Cotterill Personal Coach & Change Consultant
I'm a personal development coach and I enable my clients to transition through life changing situations with clarity and certainty.
I came to the profession of coaching from a mental health background, having qualified as a solution-focused therapist. From this perspective I know the vital importance of understanding how our past experiences can influence our thoughts and actions in the present day.
I specifically work to help my clients to be aware of their past influences so that they learn to own their "inner space" of thoughts and feelings with confidence and get on with enjoying a changed life of happiness and contentment.
Because I specialise in working with people at a time of personal change, I operate a in a highly specialised way using my own personal experience of life changing events to coach in an understanding, therapeutic but positive way.
For people in business or looking at career change, I run 'State of Mind' programmes specifically designed for workplace challenges through a service which I call The Change Agency - see my website www.davidcotterill.com for details.
Whether in business or not, I always work individually with my clients, mentoring them in the most effective and up to date understanding of human psychology in order for them to get the results they want for themselves, for their business and for their staff.
What are the foundations of my coaching that lead to better results?
- A clear, common sense understanding of how our inner space works, how thoughts arise in the mind and how to practically manage unhelpful habitual thought-patterns that create self-defeating anxiety, self-doubt and block change and success.
- Understanding the role of self-awareness, which is how we 'see' ourselves in the world and in relationship to other people - particularly useful in sales careers.
- How to use the unlimited personal power of thought properly and creatively
- Less stress, worry and anxiety
- Creating a strong sense of self, identity and purpose
I enable clients to see for themselves that all of the challenges we face and the discontent we feel comes from the way we innocently but erroneously think about ourselves and our situations.
When we are unhappy and unsettled we are simply mis-using the mind's elemental psychological tools of THOUGHT and AWARENESS, letting them run out of control, creating anxiety, worry and stress through over-use of our imagination - what we call overthinking.
Once we know how to tap into the personal power we have to create the experience we want, we can set off again to play the game of life and business properly, without insecurity and fear but with confidence that we are living and working according to the psychological and spiritual principles that create all life in the first place.
Here are some of the changes I have been helping clients with recently:
Clarity of career direction and mental resilience for a senior NHS consultant.
Career transition for a recruitment executive into financial trading
Confidence and clarity to secure first job placement for a legal graduate
Transition from unexpected redundancy to a new executive role in London
Career transition from office administration worker to a full time creative artist
Overcoming worries about other people's opinions/social media for students
Managing job uncertainty / new direction for both husband and wife!
Our coaching relationship starts with a Discovery Session during which we map areas of negative influence so you gain a clear understanding of how past memories can affect our thinking. You are equipped to put together a practical and timed plan to change your mindset from "I wish I could" into "I know I can!" and get on the road to creating the life you want, rather than the one you've been putting up with.
I can offer you an initial consultation either face to face or by phone/Skype.
We can meet by prior appointment at a confidential room in Chelmsford or at alternative locations around Essex.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy (CCTS, London)
- Master NLP Practitioner (NLP Life and Paul McKenna Training)
- Certified Three Principles Coach and Facilitator/Trainer (Clarity - Jamie Smart Ltd)
- Diploma in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (Centre of Excellence Online)
- Certified in Understanding Human behaviour (Uncommon Knowledge)
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (Open Mind Life with Michael Chaskalson).
- Mentored in Three Principles facilitation by Dr Dicken Bettinger & Dr Mark Howard.
- Member of the Association of Coaches International
Previous Client Case Studies & Client Comments:
Client SC, property investor and former law firm owner, following his Discovery Session "David thank you for yesterday, it was awesome!"
Client CC, lawyer, following the 3 month programme "I truly thank you for changing my perception on life.I think I will always worry, but it's probably halved"
Client AP, Senior strategist, at completion of coaching programme "The sessions of coaching with David saw me through a difficult period of change in my personal and work life. It helped me move forward with a positive plan of action, which has made me feel stronger, happier and more confident in life. I would recommend David's life coaching to anyone going through difficult times or just seeking a change of directions in life".
Client C, Senior NHS Consultant: "I wanted to let you know, David, that I am so happy compared to how I used to feel and that is all due to your help, support and therapy as I really am a different person now much stronger and more confident. I think the fact I have some clients now and I am also doing well in sales has been a massive step forward to me after the bullying and the mundane daily routine of the NHS. If it wasn't for you I really feel I would still be stuck there so thank you so much.”
Client, J "David provided a very relaxed but professional approach which made me feel at ease. His coaching helped me to think more clearly about critical decisions in my life and he taught me how to build my confidence and manage my emotions. He gave me the awareness and tools to think for myself. The balance was just right and he was able to adjust his methods to what was required at the time".
"SJ" a Skype client from London & Hong Kong:
"David taught me how to quickly relax and focus so I was able to deal with a recent break up and relocation. His techniques helped me to deal with acceptance and paved the way for a much clearer mindset - vital to ensure a successful relocation. His personal style of coaching helped me to realise my strengths and find a positive outcome that was right for me."
(Please note that these case studies/testimonies are from genuine clients which is why I've kept the identity of the individuals confidential. I would be happy to discuss the principles used in these cases but will not divulge the client's identities as part of my professional duty of care to them).
Case Study: Business Coaching Masterclass
The Masterclass was to encourage delegates to explore what holds them back from achieving their goals. This event, specifically for therapists, held over a half day, allowed me to work one-to-one with each delegate whilst the other attendees were able to observe and learn my techniques to help them in their own practices.
Here is some of the feedback from the delegates:
“The event made me focus on my goals for success and looking five years ahead clarified what I had already begun visioning. I was familiar with some of the techniques but it was good to be challenged around the area of success “
“Helped to overcome social networking phobia".
"Gained confidence to attend future events to promote service and generate referrals".
"Effective relaxation technique for self and timeline work could be useful for developing short-term work with referrals”.
“I feel an emotional blockage was released that allows me another step now towards standing more in my power to attract increasing business and wealth”.
“It was very interesting for me to be asked how I see myself in the future and to try to observe very honestly my own thought process to the asked questions, so it did help me to see what I really want out of life”.
Areas of coaching I deal with
- Business coaching
- Career coaching
- Creative coaching
- Executive coaching
- Personal development
- Redundancy coaching
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Three Principles (Mind Consciousness & Thought)
- Self esteem
- Career Coaching
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Business Coaching
- Mid-life crisis
- Mid-life course correction
- Retirement planning
- Identity following leaving corporate employment
- Relationship breakdown
- Three principles
- Real Estate
- 3 Principles
- Innate Health
- Innate wellbeing
- Personal Change
Photos & videos
After our initial consultation, I find the quickest results are achieved by starting our coaching relationship with the Discovery Session. This is a relaxing and inspirational extended session, during which time I will guide you to discover what present influences are affecting your ability to achieve the changes you want and you will come away with a detailed psychological resume of the patterns that arise from your life experience to date, specifically aimed to help you break free of these patterns of thought and behaviour that can hinder your transition.
Following the Discovery Session, my standard coaching package fees are paid by monthly pre-paid instalments. You will know the costs before we begin.
If you are specifically looking for help in your business then I provide Integrated Consulting (which is coaching, training and mentoring) via The Change Agency.
You can select either the 'Startup', 'Project' or 'Transition' options so you can plan your finances.
As a guide, my fees start at £60 per hour for personal coaching and from £95 for business specific coaching.
The Discovery Session can be at your home or office or one of several quality venues in the area I operate face to face work.
I would also be able to discuss shorter sessional plans for specific issues, such as self-confidence, interview skills, big day nerves for driving tests or weddings.
Specific Three Principles coaching, training and mentoring also available.
Payment can be by bank transfer, credit/debit card or cash.
I have provided Psychological Training, Three Principles Coaching, Therapy and Mindfulness Sessions for the following organisations/well-being centres:
- Anxiety Workshops and consultancy at Thurrock Council, Essex.
- Mindfulness Training for Fundraisers and volunteers at Havens Hospices Essex
- Mindfulness and Coaching for Business Owners, freelancers and entrepreneurs at Business Referral Network (BRN) Essex
- Life and Business Coaching for Network Members of EBN, Essex
- Mindfulness Training for Engineers at Ford Motor Company Dunton Essex UK
- Three Principles Workshop for staff at Ashfords Solicitors London UK
- NLP Coaching for Board members, Staff and Executives at CHP Chelmsford Essex UK
- Training for Lawyers at CLT (Central Legal Training)
- NLP Mentoring for Psychology students at Birkbeck University London
- Mindfulness Based Stress reduction course for Staff at Palmers Solicitors Essex
- Therapeutic Coaching Personal clients at Exeter Mind and Body Clinic
- Therapeutic Three Principles Coaching for Personal clients at Holmdale Health Exeter
- Training for Housing professionals at SDS Cranleigh Surrey UK
- Training for Housing professionals at Women in Social Housing UK
- Therapeutic Coaching for Personal clients at Glow Health & Beauty Upminster Essex
- Personal Three Principles Life coaching for PJ Naylor Docklands London UK
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
By appointment please. Email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com. Phone/text 07841 437951 and if I'm engaged I'll get back to you as soon as I can.