David Cotterill Personal Development and Career Coaching
If you're interested in personal development or changing your career I can help, and together we can do it pretty quickly too..
I have been assisting clients to achieve the changes they want in all aspects of their lives and work on a full time basis since 2009.
Maybe you feel like it's time to be doing something more meaningful, something significant that makes a difference, perhaps you're thinking that a change of career could be a step on the way to achieving this?
In terms of relevant experience, I have owned and operated a recruitment agency, started new businesses in many different sectors and I also have experience of the highest level of public accountability as an executive director of one of the fastest growing social housing organisations in Essex.
Then in 2009 I changed career direction and qualified as a mental health psychotherapist and personal life coach.
It was during the early years of establishing this new career that I discovered the reason why so many of us struggle to find happiness, satisfaction and contentment in our lives and careers.
For a problem solver like me, this was gold dust, and it was startlingly simple.
The solution to all of the problems we face when we feel unsettled and anxious is that we don't understand how we can experience a higher quality of life than the one we've been putting up with.
So my invitation to you is this: Would you like to really understand how to experience life differently, to learn how to understand in a very practical way how to change effortlessly and achieve your life's purpose?
If so, this is how my personal development and career coaching works:
My coaching is grounded first of all in ensuring that my clients gain a deep understanding that it is our state of mind that generates our personal experience. That includes all our thoughts and feelings.
This incredibly simple and common sense understanding enables our confused personal thinking to quieten down and as a result we will notice less of the negative self-talk and overthinking which causes the stress and anxiety that blocks our creativity and motivation.
The implications of this understanding are life changing. However, the process of living 'from the inside out' creates the need for coaching and mentoring. As you explore and re-assess your real life situations in the light of this understanding you will begin to realise just how much control you actually have.
I live and work with this understanding 24/7 so I know the way it works and I will be there for you when you are experiencing amazing freedom and when you have doubts and get a bit stuck. Most importantly, I will be with you as you start to enjoy your new experience of life.
The reason this understanding is so powerful is that it leads us to the realisation that a different experience of life is always just a moment away, and it is a life that's not limited by what we think or our circumstances at all.
As your understanding grows, you might decide that you actually don't need to change your job or career so urgently, but if you do, it will be for the right reasons.
So, if you're living a lifestyle that you’re just putting up with, isn't it time for a change?
If you're stuck in a negative mindset, wouldn't it be good to get a better one?
What have you got to lose in exploring a second chance to experience the life you really want?
Here are some of the changes I have been helping clients with recently:
- Clarity of career direction and mental resilience for a senior NHS consultant
- Career transition for a recruitment executive into financial trading
- Confidence and clarity to secure first job placement for a legal graduate
- Transition from unexpected redundancy to a new executive role in London
- Career transition from office administration worker to a full time creative artist
- Overcoming worries about other people's opinions/social media for students
- Managing job uncertainty / new direction for both husband and wife!
- Business Transformation consultancy for an independent estate agency
- Clarity and self-confidence coaching for a busy mum of three with a full time career
- Lacking self-confidence and unemployed to full time work as a trainee accountant in 3 sessions
See more at my website davidcotterill.com where you can download any of the following information sheets:
Three Principles FAQ
My Coaching FAQ
My Story pdf
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy (CCTS, London)
- Master NLP Practitioner (NLP Life and Paul McKenna Training)
- Certified Three Principles Coach and Facilitator/Trainer (Clarity - Jamie Smart Ltd)
- Diploma in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (Centre of Excellence Online)
- Certified in Understanding Human behaviour (Uncommon Knowledge)
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (Open Mind Life with Michael Chaskalson).
- Mentored in Three Principles facilitation by Dr Dicken Bettinger & Dr Mark Howard.
- Member of the Association of Coaches International
- Registered Practitioner with 3PGC (Three Principles Global Community)
Previous Client Case Studies & Client Comments:
Client SC, property investor and former law firm owner, following his Discovery Session "David thank you for yesterday, it was awesome!"
Client AE, Self-taught Artist following career change coaching: "It's f*****g awesome I never knew asking for what you want was so easy, I was always too scared of rejection. Now I'm just going for it. Thanks for getting me there."
Client CC, lawyer, following the 3 month programme "I truly thank you for changing my perception on life.I think I will always worry, but it's probably halved. I just wanted to let you know that promotion I asked for 3 months ago was agreed on Monday and I'm now Head of Property"
Client TB, Property consultant, business coaching "Compared with the mindset I had at our first meeting to where I am now is amazing"
Client AP, Senior strategist, at completion of coaching programme "The sessions of coaching with David saw me through a difficult period of change in my personal and work life. It helped me move forward with a positive plan of action, which has made me feel stronger, happier and more confident in life. I would recommend David's life coaching to anyone going through difficult times or just seeking a change of directions in life".
Client C, Senior NHS Consultant: "I wanted to let you know, David, that I am so happy compared to how I used to feel and that is all due to your help, support and therapy as I really am a different person now much stronger and more confident. I think the fact I have some clients now and I am also doing well in sales has been a massive step forward to me after the bullying and the mundane daily routine of the NHS. If it wasn't for you I really feel I would still be stuck there so thank you so much.”
Client, J "David provided a very relaxed but professional approach which made me feel at ease. His coaching helped me to think more clearly about critical decisions in my life and he taught me how to build my confidence and manage my emotions. He gave me the awareness and tools to think for myself. The balance was just right and he was able to adjust his methods to what was required at the time".
"SJ" a Skype client from London & Hong Kong:
"David taught me how to quickly relax and focus so I was able to deal with a recent break up and relocation. His techniques helped me to deal with acceptance and paved the way for a much clearer mindset - vital to ensure a successful relocation. His personal style of coaching helped me to realise my strengths and find a positive outcome that was right for me."
(Please note that these case studies/testimonies are from genuine clients which is why I've kept the identity of the individuals confidential. I would be happy to discuss the principles used in these cases but will not divulge the client's identities as part of my professional duty of care to them).
Case Study: Business Coaching Masterclass
The Masterclass was to encourage delegates to explore what holds them back from achieving their goals. This event, specifically for therapists, held over a half day, allowed me to work one-to-one with each delegate whilst the other attendees were able to observe and learn my techniques to help them in their own practices.
Here is some of the feedback from the delegates:
“The event made me focus on my goals for success and looking five years ahead clarified what I had already begun visioning. I was familiar with some of the techniques but it was good to be challenged around the area of success “
“Helped to overcome social networking phobia".
"Gained confidence to attend future events to promote service and generate referrals".
"Effective relaxation technique for self and timeline work could be useful for developing short-term work with referrals”.
“I feel an emotional blockage was released that allows me another step now towards standing more in my power to attract increasing business and wealth”.
“It was very interesting for me to be asked how I see myself in the future and to try to observe very honestly my own thought process to the asked questions, so it did help me to see what I really want out of life”.
Areas of coaching I deal with
- Career coaching
- Creative coaching
- Executive coaching
- Health coaching
- Personal development
- Redundancy coaching
- Staff coaching
- Work/life balance
- Youth coaching
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Three Principles (Mind Consciousness & Thought)
- Innate Health
- Self esteem
- Career Coaching
- Mid-life crisis
- Mid-life course correction
- Retirement planning
- Identity after leaving corporate employment
- Relationship breakdown
- Three principles
- Real Estate
- Innate wellbeing
- Personal Change
Photos & videos
Initial consultation is £60 and then I find that the quickest results are achieved by starting our formal coaching relationship with Discovery Sessions. These are specifically aimed at helping you to find alternatives to those patterns of thought and behaviour that can hinder your transition.
Following the Discovery Sessions, we move into the Progress phase with a practical plan for change.
Programmes are normally 3, 6 or 12 months. We will set this before we start.
We can work online with regular sessions or make faster progress though face to face intensives.
As a guide my fees, which will be agreed before we start any personal coaching, start from £1 per minute for online coaching with a minimum charge of £60 per individual session.
Face to face intensives £300 for a half day, £500 for a full day or fees agreed by way of a specific proposal for you personally.
Sessions can be at my confidential location, at your home or office.
I would also be able to discuss shorter sessional plans for specific issues, such as self-confidence, interview skills, big day nerves for driving tests or weddings.
As a certified and registered Three Principles Facilitator, I provide specific Three Principles coaching, training and mentoring.
Payment can be by bank transfer, credit/debit card or cash.
Coaching which includes business strategy and/or working with key staff will be from £95 per hour plus expenses or £600 for a full day inclusive of expenses so if you are specifically looking for help in your business then I provide Integrated Consulting (which is coaching, training and mentoring) via my corporate brand, The Change Agency.
I have provided Psychological Training, Three Principles Coaching, Therapy and Mindfulness Sessions for the following organisations/well-being centres:
- Anxiety Workshops and consultancy at Thurrock Council, Essex.
- Mindfulness Training for Fundraisers and volunteers at Havens Hospices Essex
- Business Transformation for The Home Partnership Estate Agency
- Business Transformation for EIG (Estates Insurance Group) London
- Mindfulness and Coaching for Business Owners, freelancers and entrepreneurs at Business Referral Network (BRN) Essex
- Life and Business Coaching for Network Members of EBN, Essex
- Mindfulness Training for Engineers at Ford Motor Company Dunton Essex UK
- Three Principles Workshop for staff at Ashfords Solicitors London UK
- NLP Coaching for Board members, Staff and Executives at CHP Chelmsford Essex UK
- Training for Lawyers at CLT (Central Legal Training)
- NLP Mentoring for Psychology students at Birkbeck University London
- Mindfulness Based Stress reduction course for Staff at Palmers Solicitors Essex
- Therapeutic Coaching Personal clients at Exeter Mind and Body Clinic
- Therapeutic Three Principles Coaching for Personal clients at Holmdale Health Exeter
- Training for Housing professionals at SDS Cranleigh Surrey UK
- Training for Housing professionals at Women in Social Housing UK
- Therapeutic Coaching for Personal clients at Glow Health & Beauty Upminster Essex
- Personal Three Principles Life coaching for PJ Naylor Docklands London UK
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Personal face to face coaching by appointment. Online coaching & mentoring weekdays and Saturdays please check for availability. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Phone/text 07841 437951