David Cotterill MAC Professional Life Coach and Personal Development Consultant
10 Radford Crescent
I help people to achieve stability and change in their careers or business ventures, relationships and personal lives as quickly and efficiently as possible.
These are some of the issues I have been helping clients with this year:
- Clarity of career direction for a senior NHS consultant
- Career transition for a recruitment executive to a financial trader
- Confidence and clarity to secure first job placement for a legal graduate
- Transition from unexpected redundancy to a new executive role in London
- Transition from office worker to full time creative artist
- Overcoming worries about other people's opinions/social media for students
- Managing job uncertainty / new direction for both husband and wife!
- If you are looking for an understanding, non-judgmental and supportive Personal Coach, I would love to have a conversation with you.
How do I help my clients achieve stability and change?
I guide my clients to an understanding of how our individual experiences of life and the opinions of others shape how we view ourselves, keeping us from achieving the changes we want.
We explore how our thoughts and feelings influence and determine the decisions we make and the actions we take.
We achieve a shift from feeling like victims of a stressful 'outside in' model of the world to an enlightened and creative 'inside out' model which enables us to feel in control, releasing clarity of thought and fresh motivation to engage with life.
Together, we focus on the three primary areas of influence that must be addressed if real change is going to take place:
1. Our financial capability (beliefs about money),
2. Our relational stability (the influence of family and friends)
3. Our personal mindset (usually this can be the biggest obstacle to change!).
We put together a practical plan to turn your "I wish I could" into "I know I can!" and create the life you want, rather than the one you're putting up with.
We focus on these vital areas for change during our quick turnaround Discovery Day, which is the foundation of a short coaching programme that will take place over an agreed timescale, consisting of face to face sessions, on-line check-ins, emails and general support and collaboration.
If you would like to meet up, I can offer you an initial consultation either face to face or by phone/Skype.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy (CCTS, London)
- Master NLP Practitioner (NLP Life and Paul McKenna Training)
- Certified Three Principles Coach and Facilitator/Trainer (Clarity - Jamie Smart Ltd)
- Diploma in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (Centre of Excellence Online)
- Certified in Understanding Human behaviour (Uncommon Knowledge)
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (Open Mind Life with Michael Chaskalson).
- Mentored in Three Principles facilitation by Dr Dicken Bettinger & Dr Mark Howard.
- Member of the Association of Coaches International
- Associate Member of the Association of Integrative Coach-Therapists
Previous Client Case Studies & Client Comments:
Client AP "The sessions of coaching with David saw me through a difficult period of change in my personal and work life. It helped me move forward with a positive plan of action, which has made me feel stronger, happier and more confident in life. I would recommend David's life coaching to anyone going through difficult times or just seeking a change of directions in life".
Client C: "I wanted to let you know, David, that I am so happy compared to how I used to feel and that is all due to your help, support and therapy as I really am a different person now much stronger and more confident. I think the fact I have some clients now and I am also doing well in sales has been a massive step forward to me after the bullying and the mundane daily routine of the NHS. If it wasn't for you I really feel I would still be stuck there so thank you so much.”
Client, J "David provided a very relaxed but professional approach which made me feel at ease. His coaching helped me to think more clearly about critical decisions in my life and he taught me how to build my confidence and manage my emotions. He gave me the awareness and tools to think for myself. The balance was just right and he was able to adjust his methods to what was required at the time".
"SJ" a Skype client from London & Hong Kong:
"David taught me how to quickly relax and focus so I was able to deal with a recent break up and relocation. His techniques helped me to deal with acceptance and paved the way for a much clearer mindset - vital to ensure a successful relocation. His personal style of coaching helped me to realise my strengths and find a positive outcome that was right for me."
And finally, client SC sent me this message the day after his Discovery Day:"David, thank you for yesterday, it was awesome!
(Please note that these case studies/testimonies are from genuine clients which is why I've kept the identity of the individuals confidential. I would be happy to discuss the cases but will not divulge the client's identities as part of my professional duty of care to them).
Business Coaching Expansion Masterclass
The Masterclass was to encourage delegates to explore what holds them back from achieving their goals. This event, specifically for therapists, held over a half day, allowed me to work one-to-one with each delegate whilst the other attendees were able to observe and learn my techniques to help them in their own practices.
Here is some of the feedback from the delegates:
“The event made me focus on my goals for success and looking five years ahead clarified what I had already begun visioning. I was familiar with some of the techniques but it was good to be challenged around the area of success “
“Helped to overcome social networking phobia".
"Gained confidence to attend future events to promote service and generate referrals".
"Effective relaxation technique for self and timeline work could be useful for developing short-term work with referrals”.
“I feel an emotional blockage was released that allows me another step now towards standing more in my power to attract increasing business and wealth”.
“It was very interesting for me to be asked how I see myself in the future and to try to observe very honestly my own thought process to the asked questions, so it did help me to see what I really want out of life”.
For full details of how I work, please visit my website at www.davidcotterill.com
Areas of coaching I deal with
- Business coaching
- Career coaching
- Creative coaching
- Executive coaching
- Personal development
- Redundancy coaching
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Three Principles (Inside-out nature of Mind Consciousness & Thought)
- Career Coaching
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Business Coaching
- Mid-life crisis
- Mid-life course correction
- Retirement planning
- Identity after corporate employment
- Relationship breakdown
- Three principles
- Real Estate
- 3 Principles
- Innate Health
- Innate wellbeing
- Personal Change
For full details of how I work, please visit my website at www.davidcotterill.com
Photos & videos
I find the best results are achieved when we start our coaching relationship with a Discovery Day. This is usually 10am to 3pm during which time I will guide you to discover what present influences are affecting your ability to achieve the change you want and you will come away with a detailed psychological resume of your life experience to date, also specifically aimed to help you recognise patterns of thought and behaviour that can either help or hinder your transition. (Please see website for more details).
Following the Discovery Day, my standard coaching package fees are paid by monthly payment plans and discounted for pre-payment. We will calculate costs before we begin so you can plan your finances. As a guide, my fees are generally based on £60 per hour, that is also true for the Discovery Day.
The Discovery Day can either be at Billericay or one of several quality venues around Essex, such as Five Lakes Golf and Country Club or Orsett Hall.
I would also be able to discuss shorter sessional plans for specific issues, such as self-confidence, interview skills, big day nerves for driving tests or weddings.
I will be happy to meet with you for an initial consultation, either my at private consulting rooms at "The Change Agency" in Billericay, Essex or a neutral venue of your choice.
For full details of how I work in achieving personal change for clients, please visit my website at www.davidcotterill.com
Three Principles coaching, training and mentoring also available.
Payment can be by bank transfer, credit/debit card or cash.
I have provided Psychological Training, Coaching, Therapy and Mindfulness Sessions for the following organisations/well-being centres:
- Anxiety Workshops and consultancy at Thurrock Council, Essex.
- Mindfulness Training for Fundraisers and volunteers at Havens Hospices Essex
- Mindfulness and Coaching for Business Owners, freelancers and entrepreneurs at Business Referral Network (BRN) Essex
- Life and Business Coaching for Network Members of EBN, Essex
- Mindfulness Training for Engineers at Ford Motor Company Dunton Essex UK
- Three Principles Workshop for staff at Ashfords Solicitors London UK
- NLP Coaching for Board members, Staff and Executives at CHP Chelmsford Essex UK
- Training for Lawyers at CLT (Central Legal Training)
- NLP Mentoring for Psychology students at Birkbeck University London
- Mindfulness Based Stress reduction course for Staff at Palmers Solicitors Essex
- Therapeutic Coaching Personal clients at Exeter Mind and Body Clinic
- Therapeutic Coaching for Personal clients at Homedale Health Exeter
- Training for Housing professionals at SDS Cranleigh Surrey UK
- Training for Housing professionals at Women in Social Housing UK
- Therapeutic Coaching for Personal clients at Glow Health & Beauty Upminster Essex
- Personal Three Principles Life coaching for PJ Naylor Docklands London UK
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Weekdays, evenings and Saturday morning by prior appointment only.