CPCP Qualified Youth Coach / Parent Coach / Workplace Coach
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
"Scott was so easy to talk to, I felt he really listened and empowered me to take control and think about going for what you want and that I can achieve it. I CAN DO ANYTHING!. Thank you Scott! " - Youth Worker.
I am an experienced Life Coach and workshop facilitator for young people and the adults in their lives. I am also CEO and Founder of a social enterprise, Potential In Me CIC, that supports young people to realise their amazing potential. Our team of coaches pride ourselves on the results our clients achieve.
For young people, their adolescent years can be tough. Peer pressure, homework and exam stresses, education and career choices, employability skills, complex friendships, relationships, bullying, anger management, family life...and all of that on top of hormone and body changes. It's not easy! Our coaching will help young people to work through their challenges and come up with their own solutions to those challenges so that they are in control and feel it is the best way forward for them. They'll feel empowered and much happier about current life and their future.
For the adults in young people's lives, it can also be tough. Through our individual coaching and group workshops we can support you, and your young person, to:
- understand each other better, including understanding adolescent behaviours better
- enhance communication and connection to build relationships
- build resourcefulness, resilience and manage wellbeing
If you are a manager or mentor of young people in an organisation we also support young people to transition into working life through soft skills development and help managers to successfully integrate young people into their team.
Our team of coaches and facilitators have a specialist knowledge of young people so whether you are a young person, parent/carer or manager of a young person we can support you.
Outlined below are some of the more common areas of focus in our work with young people and the adults in their support network:
- Taking control of your life, identifying what you really want and going for it
- Increasing confidence and self-esteem
- Managing negative thinking and increasing positivity
- Managing time and workloads
- Managing your wellbeing and coping with pressures
- Career choices
- Young people transitioning into working life from education or unemployment
- Parenting young people
- Managing young people and integrating them successfully into your team/organisation
Please contact me for a free, no obligation consultation call. Both myself and our team of coaches can coach face-to-face, by telephone or online via Zoom or Skype so geography is never a barrier.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Delivered coaching and workshops for a diverse range of organisations including Phoenix Group, Q Hotel Group, CMS Windows, Civil Service (Scotland), MACE, GAMH, Hansel Charity, Rathbone, Toonspeak Youth Theatre Group, and a range of schools and local community groups
- National Training Award Winner for Leadership and creation of High Performing Teams
- People manager and Internal Coach within large corporate organisation
- Created several coaching and mentoring programmes within corporate organisation
- Coached as part of the Youth Coaching Academy's 'Coach in Every UK City' programme, supporting young people in local secondary schools
- Coached as part of company sponsored programme supporting local children and families centre and secondary school
- Certificate in Professional Coaching Practice in life and business coaching (International Coach Federation Approved Coach Training Programme)
- Certificate in Youth Coaching and Life Coaching (Coaching Academy Approved Coach Training Programme)
- ILM Certificate in Action Learning Facilitation
- Certificate in Emotional Intelligence Coaching
- 2:1 degree in Business Studies and Languages at University of Edinburgh
- Founder member of the Glasgow Coaching Hub
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
"Scott was so easy to talk to, I felt he really listened and empowered me to take control and think about going for what you want and that I can achieve it. I CAN DO ANYTHING!. Thank you Scott! " - Youth Worker
"Scott provided 6 coaching sessions for my daughter who was struggling with confidence, friendships, managing her emotions and coping with tests/exams. You could see a positive change in my daughter after each session - she is now far more confident, has developed great friendships, is relaxed and focused when studying and is achieving excellent marks. I was sceptical about coaching initially if I'm being honest, but Scott has proved that it can achieve amazing results." - Parent
"Scott put me at ease straight away and helped me to think much more positively about myself. I struggled with self-esteem and confidence issues, however, I feel like a different person with a new outlook now" - Teacher
“Scott is not only a very effective coach - professional, focused and with an ability to put his people at ease almost instantly - he is also one of the good guys in life and a pleasure to know.” - Business Owner
"Scott is a strong coach and and delivered a successful coaching and mentoring pilot programme which is now being rolled out across the UK business. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Scott." - Head of Marketing, Standard Life
"I worked with Scott on various projects related to Learning and Development at Standard Life. I found Scott to be knowledgeable in many aspects of L&D and he is a natural coach. I enjoyed working with him in the past and would relish the opportunity to do so again in the future" - HR Director
"Scott has a very good understanding of both people and business and is an excellent coach." - Senior Communications Manager
"Scott is a fantastic person, coach & leader who will always be a superb asset for anyone he works with ; all in all just a great guy!" - Marketing Manager
Free initial telephone or online session
I offer an initial coaching experience free of charge. During that call we will discuss how our coaching works and the relevant investment should you wish to go ahead with coaching sessions.
When I work
We have a wonderful team of very experienced coaches which means that we should be able to arrange suitable days and times that work for you.
I am a member of the International Coaching Federation and adhere to their code of ethics. We are fully insured and disclosure checked to be able to coach young people.