Scott Hay - CPCP Qualified and Member of International Coaching Federation
Glasgow Therapy Centre
34 West George Street
"Scott was so easy to talk to, I felt he really listened and empowered me to take control and think about going for what you want and that I can achieve it. I CAN DO ANYTHING!. Thank you Scott! " - Youth Worker.
I am an experienced Life Coach for teenagers, adults and organisations and am absolutely passionate about helping you to overcome whatever is currently getting in the way of you achieving what you want in life. I pride myself on the results my clients achieve and see our relationship as a partnership whereby I will champion you and sometimes challenge your thinking to help you achieve breakthroughs.
With over 17 years of coaching experience across all sectors and demographics, my broad range of coaching knowledge and experience means that I'm well equipped to help you with the challenges you are facing. I'm also an ward winning high performance leader and coach.
Outlined below are some of the more common areas of focus:
- Taking control of your life, identifying what you really want and going for it
- Increasing confidence and self-esteem
- Managing negative thinking and increasing positivity
- Finding happiness from within
- Coping with pressures
- Building a meaningful career - I've been there and done it!
- Workplace challenges
- Leadership skills
- Creating high performing teams
- Common challenges faced by teenagers and young adults such as understanding themselves better, increasing confidence, coping with pressures, education and career choices, interview skills, building positive relationships
As a member of the International Coaching Federation I will always adhere to their Code of Ethics. This ensures that you will always be treated respectfully and without judgement, which is key in coaching.
Please contact me for a free, no obligation consultation call. I coach face-to-face, by telephone and Skype so geography is never a barrier. Parking is available close by for face-to-face sessions. My sessions tend to be fortnightly or monthly depending on individual circumstances. I am available to coach evenings and weekends.
I also provide a range of workshops that can be delivered to people of all ages and on a wide variety of subjects, some of which are detailed at the bottom of my profile.
With 15 years experience in working with large corporates across a number of different divisions - Customer Service, Marketing and Learning & Development I have a wealth of experience when it comes to the challenges faced in business/work life. In particular, I can support you in developing coaching/mentoring programmes and cultures, developing high performing teams, producing training needs analysis, training plans and solutions to meet your training needs. All of these are key areas of focus if you want to be successful and maximise results.
For those people who are ready to make a big shift in their life or lifestyle. You may be feeling unfulfilled and/or unhappy and are ready to transform your life. Are you working very long hours? Are you at the point of burnout? Are you missing out on seeing your children grow up? Have you been neglecting some important areas of your life for too long now? I can help you to take stock of your life, re-prioritise and organise your life so that you have time for the most important things in your life.
Lifestyle Coaching for Sports Professionals
Many people think that sports professionals lead a high flying and wealthy lifestyle without a trouble in the world, however, the reality is that they face a number of challenges throughout their career and having a supportive team around them is vital. I help sports professionals to focus on the areas of their life that are most important to them - examples being dips in confidence, coping with injuries, planning for and coping with retirement, finances, relationships, career transition, being released by clubs to name but a few. It's important that sports professionals feel comfortable reaching out for help and I am here to support you.
It's not just adults who face challenges in life! For young people, teenage years and young adulthood can be tough. Peer pressure, homework and exam stresses, career/university/college choices, employability skills, complex friendships, relationships, bullying, anger management, family life...and all of that on top of hormone and body changes. It's not easy! I will help by giving you the time and space to talk about the challenges you are facing, without judgement and without imparting any advice. I will listen and help you to come up with your own solutions to those challenges so that you are in control and feel it is the best way forward for you. You'll feel empowered and much happier about current life and your future.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Delivered coaching and workshops for a diverse range of organisations including Standard Life, Q Hotel Group, Hansel Charity, Rathbone, Toonspeak Youth Theatre Group, St Angela's Participation Centre, Hamilton College, Civil Service (Scotland) and a range of schools
- National Training Award Winner for Leadership and creation of High Performing Teams
- People manager and Internal Coach within large corporate organisation
- Created several coaching and mentoring programmes within corporate organisation
- Coached as part of the Youth Coaching Academy's 'Coach in Every UK City' programme, supporting young people in local secondary schools
- Coached as part of company sponsored programme supporting local children and families centre and secondary school
- Certificate in Professional Coaching Practice in life and business coaching (International Coach Federation Approved Coach Training Programme)
- Certificate in Youth Coaching and Life Coaching (Coaching Academy Approved Coach Training Programme)
- Certificate in Emotional Intelligence Coaching
- 2:1 degree in Business Studies and Languages at University of Edinburgh
- Founder member of the Glasgow Coaching Hub
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Youth Coach Training for adults who work with or look after young people
- Coaching Skills Training for young people, allowing them to support their peers
- Community Ambassador Programme for young people who want to become positive role models in their community
"Scott was so easy to talk to, I felt he really listened and empowered me to take control and think about going for what you want and that I can achieve it. I CAN DO ANYTHING!. Thank you Scott! " - Youth Worker
"Scott provided 6 coaching sessions for my daughter who was struggling with confidence, friendships, managing her emotions and coping with tests/exams. You could see a positive change in my daughter after each session - she is now far more confident, has developed great friendships, is relaxed and focused when studying and is achieving excellent marks. I was sceptical about coaching initially if I'm being honest, but Scott has proved that it can achieve amazing results." - Parent
"Scott put me at ease straight away and helped me to think much more positively about myself. I struggled with self-esteem and confidence issues, however, I feel like a different person with a new outlook now" - Teacher
“Scott is not only a very effective coach - professional, focused and with an ability to put his people at ease almost instantly - he is also one of the good guys in life and a pleasure to know.” - Business Owner
"Scott is a strong coach and and delivered a successful coaching and mentoring pilot programme which is now being rolled out across the UK business. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Scott." - Head of Marketing, Standard Life
"I worked with Scott on various projects related to Learning and Development at Standard Life. I found Scott to be knowledgeable in many aspects of L&D and he is a natural coach. I enjoyed working with him in the past and would relish the opportunity to do so again in the future" - HR Director
"Scott is a very experienced marketing and business professional who has demonstrated the power of developing people through coaching and personal development." - MD, Customers and Marketing, Standard Life
"Scott has a very good understanding of both people and business and is an excellent coach." - Senior Communications Manager
"Scott is a fantastic person, coach & leader who will always be a superb asset for anyone he works with ; all in all just a great guy!" - Marketing Manager
- Ongoing - A taste of life coaching
- Ongoing - Life Change Glasgow Southside
- Ongoing - Business Coaching - brilliance at work
- Ongoing - Building confidence and self-esteem - being your best self
- Ongoing - Stress management - feeling calm and in control
I offer an initial coaching experience free of charge. If you want to go ahead and work together, my fees are as follows:
1 month laser-focused programme (4 sessions) £280
3 month programme (fortnightly sessions with email support) £420
6 month programme (fortnightly sessions with email and phone support) £780
12 month programme (fortnightly sessions with email and phone support) £1440
Please contact me if you are interested in corporate coaching rates.
In addition to one-to-one coaching, I am offering the following programme of workshop events:
- A Taste of Life Coaching - an introduction to life coaching
- Confidently Facing Challenges at Work - stress management, building positive relationships
- Stress Management - how to feel calm and in control
- Being Your Best Self - increasing your confidence and self-esteem
- Range of youth workshops
For more details on all of these workshops please email me at email@example.com
I am a member of the International Coaching Federation and adhere to their code of ethics. I am fully insured and disclosure checked (to be able to coach young people).
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|