Pg Dip. SysPrac. MSc. MBACP, ICF member
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hi, I'm Emma, thank you for taking the time to read my profile. I am a development and relationship coach with many years experience of facilitating awareness and growth in others to achieve the outcomes and goals they desire, this can be in both personal or professional areas.
I have been working with people for over 12 years in a helping capacity and have supported 100's of clients throughout my career. I added coaching to the services I offer due to people often requiring a different or alternative approach to therapy or mental health work. My initial training was psychotherapy, having completed core training spanning 9 years.
To ensure I work ethically and safely I have completed ICF training to enhance the work I do and to offer the best service to clients. I am fully insured, hold an enhanced DBS and adhere to the ICF core competencies.
Coaching - can I help you?
I always offer a no obligation zoom call prior to booking any appointments. This gives us both the opportunity to ask questions, this helps me to find out more about your needs / requirements and for you to experience what I can offer and discuss aspects of the potential work together...
What I offer
My specialism, broadly, is understanding people. I have worked in different settings and whilst each area may seem almost contrasting, they all share a common theme, which is the development of individuals and relationships.
Examples of how I can help you
- Being immersed in your career which is impacting your personal relationships, parenting and general work/life balance
- Raising your awareness to the repeated and often dysfunctional patterns (either personally or professionally) which are unhelpful and holding you back
- Bullying (in any context)
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Assertiveness training (you find yourself walking on eggshells around certain people, unable to say no (then becoming angry with yourself), not feeling equal to others etc.
- Supporting more effective communication and reducing potential conflict
- Developing the 'soft skills' (that are actually the 'hard skills' to fully master)
- Letting go of the blocks which prevent you moving forward (often by raising awareness of why there are there in the first place)
- Supporting (and subsequently) coaching parents to understand their role in their child's/young persons behaviour and how to improve situations at home.
- Challenging stereotypes, expectations, attitudes and beliefs to help you break free and achieve.
Ready to get started? Please get in touch with any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am trained in a wide variety of approaches to understanding the human condition. I am an integrative coach which enables me to draw on the best approach/es to suit your needs. I use systemic practice to help you learn about your contexts; work, family, career, relationships, both intrapersonal (with yourself) and interpersonal (in your personal relationships). I will help you build awareness of your role in groups, how people relate to you (and you to them), and gain insight into the challenges you may face in the world, and subsequently how you may overcome them.
I offer insight and practical exercises to illuminate the challenges you may be facing, By building awareness, you build insight, and it is at this point that change can happen. My practice also incorporates person centred theory, psychodynamic coaching and transactional analysis. I also utilise cognitive behaviour therapy and solution focused coaching to consolidate our work.
My experience is wide and varied!
As well as coaching, I supervise individual coaches, mentors, managers, counsellors and psychologists. In addition, I also work with organisations, offering supervision to staff and consultancy. For the last 6 years, until recently, I have also managed a countywide service which offers counselling and psychotherapy to individuals across West Midlands.
My clients have included sports professionals, managers/leaders of teams, business owners, and family and parenting coaching in the context of work/life balance. I have a particular interest in relationship coaching, emotional intelligence and helping clients understand the role they play in their relationships, whether that be personal or professional dynamics.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
- Core coach training to ICF standards. Institute of Coaching Studies
- Clinical Supervision - UKCP and NCS validated training (ongoing)
- Applying Systemic Approaches in Organisations, individuals and relationships - NHS Tavistock and Portman
- MSc Counselling & Psychotherapy - Derby University (BACP accredited training)
- Therapeutic work with children and young people - Warwick University
- Reducing Parental Conflict trainer for Local Authorities
- International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Areas of coaching I deal with
£80.00 per session
I offer individual sessions, starting at £80
Packages of 3, 6, 9 or 12 sessions are available and work out best value.
The work I do is bespoke. I do not utilise general personality formulations and/or generic courses in the work that I undertake.
When I work
I offer appointments ranging from 7am until 9pm on weekdays.
I do not combine therapy and coaching without agreement and contracting. This is to ensure the work we do is safe and ethical and stays within the boundaries we have agreed. If we observe past issues coming to the fore (and impacting progression) then we can discuss potential ways forward.