CBT Confidence Coach for anxious people DCH, NLP, ITOL
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Do you need help with:
- Building confidence and resilience to develop your career at work?
- Overcoming anxiety, stress and depression?
- Career, communication or relationship problems?
Karen Kimberley (BA, DCH, DHP, NLP, GQHP, MAC, ITOL)
OK there are lots of letters after my name but that only means I'm qualified to help you and despite the letters I have a down to earth, caring and friendly approach.
My training in CBT, NLP and hypnotherapy means I have tools and techniques that I can share with you to help you overcome any crippling thoughts and emotions that hold you back, make you feel isolated and stuck. I'm working more and more with young people who want to gain confidence to move forward in their career.
Book a session with me online or face to face at my calm, private space in Taplow.
Read my book or get a free copy when you book a coaching or CBT programme with me https://bookboon.com/en/thinking-like-magic-ebookhttps://bookboon.com/en/thinking-like-magic-ebook
Listen to my free confidence building sessions on my website http://www.theengagementring.co.uk. You can find sessions to help you Think Positive and Relax Now on the development page, a great way to take a break from the stress!
Many years working in the communication field means I can also help you with mentoring to accelerate or improve on practical business skills too.
I specialise in building communication, confidence and capability for business professionals like you. That could be dealing with anxiety, imposter syndrome, people pleasing, helping with presentation skills, developing yourself and your career, or helping new managers and leaders perform better.
How coaching can help
Coaching can help you overcome personal setbacks, build up your confidence to deal with problems or tricky people at work and help you define and achieve new goals. Sometimes we all get stuck in a rut and need a fresh perspective on life and a way to overcome ingrained, unhelpful habits that are starting to hold you back. Coaching provides someone who can ask you the right questions to unlock the thing that may be holding you back. Someone who can listen well to enable you to explore issues in your own time and guide you to the best solution.
An independent, impartial sounding board can help you find the right direction, without judging you and in complete confidence.
I use a variety of tested techniques like Cognitive Behavioural Coaching and Therapy (CBT), Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Mentoring, Counselling & Hypnotherapy to help you overcome unhelpful thinking and limiting beliefs and get to where you want to be in a safe, friendly environment.
When we experience change, even seemingly positive change like moving house or getting married, it can be a challenge. I can help you understand and manage change better (especially as I don't like it much myself!) Whilst I work with many business clients to help improve communication in workplaces both large and small I also work with individuals to help with presentation skills, communication and relationship issues.
I work with a variety of people of all ages, managers and leaders, aspiring or struggling, in business to
– improve communication, confidence and performance during change
– Enhance the impact, presentation and power of leadership communication.
– help create more engaging places for people to work
Working with you
I have enabled many people to achieve significant breakthroughs in their life and performance at work and personal relationships. One client was described as 'gob-smackingly different' after her series of 6 coaching sessions. My clients consistently achieve measurable changes in their confidence and self belief and I see them leave their sessions feeling much more empowered, happier and positive.
My business experience lies in change communication, people engagement, coaching and training working with large organisations, using a range of skills to motivate and help create changes in behaviour in leaders, managers and teams.
I have a proven track record of achieving measurable results linked to client and business objectives. In 2011 I managed a transformational leadership communication programme for Standard Life Investments, shortlisted for a CIPR award. in 2008 I was awarded a Churchill Fellowship via volunteering with The Princes Trust.
My international experience includes consulting and coaching with a number of global organisations, advising them on communication strategies and people development. Profiling tools used include DISC and Belbin. I also maintain supervision, Continuous Professional Development running regular meetings for the Association for Coaching and attending the Brain Friendly Learning Group.
- Confidence-building and self belief
- Business and career coaching
- Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
- NLP and Hypnotherapy
- Facilitation: interactive training or running business sessions
- Coaching: training or 1:1 coaching
- Change communication
- Employee engagement and motivation
- Leadership communication, at a variety of levels.
- Communication strategy and planning
- Performance and Management Skills
- Consultancy on team development and related business processes.
I also help many Asian women and people with English as a second language to build confidence and communication skills at work.
The Engagement Ring
I am founder of The Engagement Ring, a network of coaches with specialist skills in business transformation, team development, career coaching, employee engagement, training, communication, Executive coaching, organisational design and development (OD), marketing and HR. We work with both large and small businesses to help make them happier and more productive places to be.
Call me for a free conversation about how you would like help. Plus look me up on Linked In, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to find out more on my training and coaching website https://www. theengagementring.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
Education and Training:·
- Bolstering Resilience across the Lifespan, CBT-I for Insomnia, Dementia Awareness, Attachment Theory (Essential Therapies, 2021)
- Bereavement Coaching, Using NLP Online (Association for Coaching, 2021);
- Making Online Workshops Engaging, Celebrant Certificate (2020);
- Neuroscience for Learning ( ITOL 2019),
- Certificate in Leadership and Management ( CMI 2019)
- Transactional Analysis 101 (2014)
- Academy for Coaching GROW refresher (2013)
- Shortlisted for CIPR award Internal Communications (2011);
- Qualified in Brain Dominance profiling with MyBrain international (2011);
- Awarded ITOL diploma in Brain Friendly Learning (2010);
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2010);
- Awarded NLP Leadership Diploma (INLPTA) (2009);
- Awarded prestigious Winston Churchill Fellowship to undertake research into volunteering in Australia (2008);
- Achieved ‘Competent Communicator’ VP PR Toastmasters(2007/8);
- Psychology of Training, CIPD, (2006 );
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy ICH, (2005);
- Mentored five young people leaving care, two nominated as regional finalists in The Princes Trust awards, (2005);
- Certified NLP practitioner (Bandler-McKenna) (2000);
- One of the first to achieve Chartered Marketer status CIM (1999);
- Counselling skills(Merton College, London (1997);
- Lead assessor for quality management systems ISO 9000 (1996);
- Sales & negotiation training, Haymarket Publishing (1984)
- 1973 - 1980 – Bury Grammar School.
- 1980 - 1983 – Leeds University, BA English 2(1)
Association for Coaching (AC)
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Dealing with change.
Confidence for Asian women.
Handling change and redundancy.
Free initial telephone session
Fees can be discussed according to the type of coaching required, the location and duration required and whether the work is with an individual, team or organisation.
Please call or email for an informal discussion to see how we can price according to your needs.
When I work
Working hours are Monday to Friday and I have evening appointments on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
My main practice room is in Taplow, Bucks near Slough. There is plenty of free parking nearby and it's easy to find. The train station is about 15 minutes walk.
Local coaching in Burnham, Windsor, Bracknell, Slough, Reading, Maidenhead and Beaconsfield can be arranged if required, along with visits to business premises in London and the South East.
Zoom/Teams/Telephone/Skype coaching is also available.