Sharon Oakley - Career and Life Coach
I am an American expat living in the UK. I offer online coaching to clients all over the world and in person sessions in Liverpool and London. I help clients to take action and create change. This could be gaining clarity on what you want, finding the momentum to make that change, building the confidence to reach your potential, and creating realistic steps and accountability to support you in achieving your desired outcomes.
Coaching areas and outcomes include:
- Understand your values and natural strengths in order to find your ideal career
- Identify actionable steps to transition your career
- Build your confidence to prepare for the next step in your career
- Regain your confidence after being out of the workplace
- Create strategies to handle challenging situations in the workplace
- Become more assertive and more visible
- Cope with job loss from a redundancy
- Prepare for your next job interview
- Customise your CV to show your unique talents, relevant skills and career highlights
- Overcome blocks and become a more confident person
- Find what matters most to you and create a plan to get you to the life you desire
- Understand your anxiety and create strategies for coping with situations where you feel most anxious
- Become less overwhelmed, unstuck, and clear on the steps to achieve your goals
Working with me
My coaching style is very positive, supportive and intuitive. Each person’s situation is unique. I spend the time to understand the specific areas you want to change, why you want to change (or haven’t yet made progress), and how to get you to where you want to be. It is easy at times to feel stuck, unclear and unsure, and it is my role as a coach to help you get unstuck and gain the clarity and focus to achieve your goals and reach your aspirations.
In addition to coaching, I provide mentoring to my clients where I leverage my business experience to offer clients insight and guidance where they encounter challenges. I have experience working for large multi-national corporations in a variety of roles where I managed and developed people, led large projects and created programs to support business goals, including programs focused on training and career development. I combine my business experience with my coaching to help others reach their potential in their professional and personal lives.
Some kind words from my coaching clients
Prior to working with Sharon, I was struggling with finding motivation and fulfillment in my business. During our coaching session, Sharon helped me to identify what areas of my business didn’t align with the vision of my ideal business. With Sharon’s coaching, I was able to revise an offer in my business that was draining me to one that would truly excite me and create a launch plan to promote it, so I can move forward towards the ideal business I wanted. If you are struggling with fulfillment in your business or life and need coaching on how to take the steps required to realign and move forward towards what you want, then I highly recommend Sharon’s coaching.
Angela - Michigan, USA
Sessions with Sharon definitely helped me reflect and clarify my goals for a career change. She is a great listener and very insightful in feedback. We have also put together a plan for the next weeks with the precise timeline, which is brilliant for further steps in my career change. Sessions were very productive, and I would really recommend working with Sharon.
Marta - London, UK
Sharon is a warm-hearted and caring professional who has a real talent for making you feel supported and driven to work on your goals. Since working together I have been able to tackle some hidden limited beliefs and reach greater clarity regarding the career change goals I am pursuing. Always supportive and positive, I have found Sharon to be so helpful and would recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone looking for support in driving personal change and growth.
Maria - London, UK
I always walk away from my sessions with Sharon knowing exactly which steps I needed to take to achieve my goals, which is something I have struggled with for as long as I can remember. Sharon always offers insightful, relevant guidance to any problem I bring up but always makes sure to push me to come up my own solutions and ideas. Not only has this resulted in the most effective possible solutions, but over time has given me the ability to solve new problems without the need of a coach, which has easily been the greatest take away from our sessions. I can strongly recommend Sharon for anyone who struggles with feeling overwhelmed. Thank you!
Joe - Liverpool, UK
I reached out to Sharon when I felt I was at crossroads in my career, constantly questioning myself over what I ought to do vs. what I really wanted to do (and enjoy doing). Sharon’s support and guidance gave me an incredible perspective and provided me with the clarity that I needed. She helped me break down my goal into actionable steps, ensuring that I remained motivated and positive. Sharon is patient, empathetic and sensitive but also will hold you accountable to your goals. I am grateful for the experience of working with her.
Sugandha - New York, USA
I enjoyed my coaching sessions with Sharon. She listens intently and empathically; by asking the right questions she steers you towards finding a solution for an issue. Sharon helped me discover a few things about myself that I had not realised before. She is a very warm and friendly coach who helped me gain confidence in myself and believed in me when I was doubting myself. I highly recommend her – Thank you so much, Sharon!
Kathrin - London, UK
Working with Sharon has been such a great experience, I continue to look forward to our sessions each week. When I check in we see what has been working for me and it feels really great to talk it through with someone who is there to help. Before I can feel clouded and sometimes unsure. After our session I feel confident and excited about the way forward. In the short time I have worked with Sharon I have enrolled on further courses and worked out what had been holding me back previously. This been a significant breakthrough for me and my future. I would really recommend Sharon. It has given me confidence and I am very grateful. Thank you!
Suzanne - Hertfordshire, UK
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Diploma in Transformational Coaching – Animas Centre for Coaching
- Accredited Certificate in Corporate Coaching – Animas Centre for Coaching
- Masters of Business Administration – Babson College - F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics – University of Massachusetts
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder (active CFA Institute member 2008 – 2020)
Areas of coaching I deal with
I offer a free (no obligation) 30-minute consultation to discuss your coaching needs and to explain the coaching process. Coaching sessions can be held in person (in Liverpool or London) or online (Skype, Facetime, Zoom, telephone).
Session fees range from £80 to £100 per 1 hour session depending on the package or program purchased. I also offer a new client 45-minute introductory coaching session for £50.
If you are interested in learning more about coaching or to schedule a consultation, please feel free to email (firstname.lastname@example.org); call (07402252837), or visit my website: www.nexus-coaching.co.uk. I am happy to answer any questions.
More articles by Sharon Oakley
- Doing less for a more fulfilling year
- The importance of gratitude
- What to do when you are stuck
- Three common questions about life coaching
- I’ll do it tomorrow - why we procrastinate
- Finding your 'ideal' career
- A lesson in self-confidence
- 3 steps for keeping your New Year’s resolutions
- What can life coaching do for me?