Hi my name is Kim, I am a Psychotherapist, Mental Wellness & Life Coach, Author: 8 Wise Ways to a Healthier Happier Life and Radio Presenter on Wellbeing Radio. I am problem solver by nature, with a background in corporate leadership.
I work internationally, supporting busy, high performing people to improve their mental health and wellbeing, heal from past trauma and navigate life's challenges and transitions.
Mental health has been a part of my life since childhood in one way or another, it’s what inspired me to open up my private practice Dalton Wise Coaching and Therapy, create my unique 8Wise™ method and write my book: 8 Wise Ways to a Healthier Happier Mind.
My ethos is very simple: We can’t change the past. We can’t control the future or what happens to us. But we can learn to manage our reactions and create effective behaviours and thought patterns that lead to a more fulfilling life with less chaos.
I don't believe in a 'one size fits all' approach, so through 8 Wise™ I provide a flexible, tailored approach, to support and empower you to set and reach your desired goals. I will share my knowledge and expertise in;
- emotional intelligence
- leadership development
- mental health
- psychometric assessing
- 8 Wise™ formula
to help knock down the barriers holding you back, manage stress related issues, make decisions with confidence and get you to where you want to be.
If you feel that now is the right time for you to work through your issues and make some positive changes in your life, then get in touch, I promise a friendly face an empathetic ear and a safe space for you.
Please scroll down for testimonials and get in touch if you would like more information.
Q: Do you only offer private coaching and psychotherapy services?
I have experience as a psychotherapist, personal coach and mental health and wellbeing consultant for private clients as well as within a variety of public and private sector organisations. I am also a leadership development coach and facilitator, working with corporate clients in training and developing their people managers.
Q: How long are sessions?
On average 60 minutes, but longer intensive sessions are also available. The number of sessions is dependent on your specific needs.
Q: What to expect after contacting you?
On receiving your enquiry, I will offer you a Free, No Obligation 30-minute Consultation, an informal chat to get to know each other better. If after the consultation you choose to move forward with us working together, we can make arrangements that suit you, whether that be face-to-face or online via Zoom.
Q: What to expect during my Coaching sessions?
Each session provides an opportunity for you to talk freely about your issues, identify the goals you would like to focus on, and set realistic tasks and timelines to meet them.
In our first session together, we will spend some time identifying the current issues and setting some realistic short-term and long-term goals that you would like to focus on, and we will identify the first steps to reaching them.
During each session that follows we will review, evaluate and reflect on your process, discussing your accomplishments, achievements, challenges and next steps.
Q: What if I need more information
- Book in for your FREE 'No Obligation' 30-minute consultation
- Check out my website
- Check out my social media platforms
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Hons Criminology
- Advanced Level 5 Diploma Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Advice and Guidance
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Certificate in Leadership and Management,
- Accredited Insights practitioner
Experience: Qualified and experienced psychotherapist and coach with a professional background spanning over a decade in corporate senior management within leadership development and personal and professional development. I am also a published author, radio host and executive contributor for Brainz Magazine.
Trained with: University of Liverpool, Hope University, Chrysalis Training, Insights, Reed Learning
- Association of Coaching
- National Society of Counselling
- National Society of Hypnotherapy
- Published Author
- Named as one of top 50 Wellness personalities in Liverpool
- Wellbeing Radio Host
- Executive contributor to Brainz Magazine
Guest speaker for:
- Skills and Education Group
- Randox health
- Plus Group
- Epic for Life
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Mental Health and wellbeing
- Imposter Syndrome
- Leadership Development
- Negative Behaviours
- Group Coaching
£70.00 per session
Free initial online session
All sessions are 60 minutes long unless stated differently below:
- Single sessions - £70 per 60 minute session
- Block Booking of 6 sessions - £390 total
- Block Booking of 10 sessions - £600 total
- Intensive 1/2 day - £300 for 3.5 hours
- Intensive full day - £600 for 7 hours
- Group session - £30 pp
Payment: To be paid via PayPal or Bank Transfer prior to the appointment
Cancellation Policy: ALL cancelled appointments with less than 48 hours will be charged for in full.
Evening Appointments by zoom only
My book is available now:
My Radio show is available here:
I collaborate on podcasts, radio shows, TV shows, magazine articles and speaking at events which can be found on my social media platforms
- I would highly recommend working with Kim in any capacity possible. I undertook 8 Wise coaching sessions during the lockdown period and her guidance, support and advice was one of the main reasons I got through it unscathed! Kim's approach made me feel instantly comfortable and relaxed. Her 8 Wise approach really helped me explore all parts of my life, it helped me realise the work I needed on the different areas. I am well on my way after my sessions, motivated, focused and feeling closer to healing some old wounds I'd buried deep. Thank you Kim forever grateful!
- Embarking on a new career in a new sector could be a daunting prospect. However, Kim’s support and 8 Wise guidance helped me to thrive in my new role and managing an extremely stressful transition tackling any obstacles head-on. Through Kim's 8 Wise coaching, I began to think more strategically, both about my own career and my life as a whole. I was able to map my personal development towards achieving career objectives and my life milestones. As a result, I felt (for the first time) that I had full ownership of my goals and my wellness and wellbeing.
- As a manager I was struggling a lot with work stress, the support I received from Kim through her 8 Wise model was entirely holistic, which was a breath of fresh air within my corporate setting. Although there was a focus on personal development, Kim was always open to coaching me through more personal aspects of my professional and personal life with the 8 Wise model. I felt wholly confident in discussing any issues with Kim, safe in the knowledge that I was firmly in control of the process and the path I chose to take. I would recommend Kim and her 8 Wise approach for any career, business or personal blockers you may experience. I believe that her support and the 8 Wise guidance played a pivotal role in enabling me to change my life and improve my health
- Kim has helped and supported me to become the confident person I am today. She was my mentor and coach for two years at a time when I was stressed and filled with anxiety due to the difficulty of transitioning from university student to corporate trainee manager. Using the 8 Wise approach I found I was able to resolve my issues in an effective way. It helped me to identify who I am as a person and the strengths I have developed through my own life which I have since been able to use to improve areas of my life. I would definitely recommend Kim and the 8 Wise programme as a way of managing and overcoming stressful situations in life.
- I contacted Kim for 8 Wise coaching regarding my mental health, career, personal life and how to move forward positively. I can highly recommend the 8 Wise programme; Kim truly understands where I was coming from and offered really good guidance and thought provoking questions. I have never questioned Kim's ability to empathise and fully understanding my career, aspirations or personal issues regarding family. Her experiences have helped her understand where the client is coming from. I gained a huge amount from my 8 Wise sessions and thoroughly enjoyed them as Kim is personable, with good uplifting humour and spirit - she just gets it!
- The 8 Wise programme can be summed up in one world – Amazing! I left each session feeling so positive about my personal future but also as a business owner I left with a renewed self-confidence and self-belief in my own ideas and ability to manage and grow my business effectively. I feel there is structure and guidance in what Kim is providing with 8 Wise for all elements of life and I am ready to go! Thank you, Kim, for your help so far and I look forward to a long working relationship and support for the future.
- The 8 Wise programmes did not give me the answers, but rather, it gave me the tools to figure out the answers for myself, something which has had a significant impact on my confidence and ability to make progress within my personal life and my career. Being one of a group of ten people on the 8 Wise programme, I was inspired by how the programme could adapt to each of us depending on our mental health issues, individual work-styles and personalities. Overall, 8 Wise and Kim’s mentoring has made a significant difference in my personal development and I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for her – thanks Kim
- Kim is a great counsellor, coach and mentor all in one, so it’s not surprising that the 8 Wise programme changes lives, it certainly did mine. It helped me at a difficult time in my life and I discovered that I was suffering with anxiety attacks alongside my depression and suicidal thoughts, which I hadn’t realised. Using the programme, I worked through various limiting beliefs and unhelpful behaviours of mine which have been transformed so that I now show up as my best self for myself, not just other people. Now I’m creating a life and business that I love, and it’s given me the stability I have longed for, all thanks to 8 Wise.
- Wow, the knowledge and experience of Kim is second to none, I got so much out of one initial session that I jumped straight onto the 8 Wise programme and I never looked back. It’s a first class programme that helped me to end a very toxic relationship without the overwhelming guilt I had experienced in the past, and feel like my happy self again
- 8 Wise is a really great programme which provided me with a lot of new ways of thinking about my wellbeing and mental health. I love the 8 Wise model.
- Kim, I was thinking about all of the support and guidance you gave me as I started to review my 8 Wise Transition plan for the second time this year. Thank you for the tools and learnings you have given me through sharing your 8 Wise approach, it really did change my life.
- Just had an amazing 8 Wise session with my wonderful therapist Kim Rutherford of Dalton Wise. She listens, understands and provides you with the 8 Wise tools to help find the solutions and prevent things getting too much, so I can maintain a healthy mind. As someone who has experienced counselling many times in my life, I can say without doubt that 8 Wise is a strong tool that I wish more therapists would use as it has brought me back to myself. My 8 Wise sessions each month are the same as paying for my hair, my nails or gym membership. They make me feel great and keep me on track. With 8 Wise I have learnt not to let the little things become the big things, and it makes me feel back in control of my mental health
- Sitting and simply having a chat with Kim about the 8 Wise programme has given me clarity in not only what I want out of life but a better understanding of how to achieve it. Balance is the key, and the unique 8 Wise model is a great way of really visualising all the important aspects of my life that affect my wellbeing. I genuinely look forward to every meeting.