Julia Rogers, CPC, PCC, MA
We live in chaotic and uncertain times. It can be hard to feel that we are achieving everything we want to both in our lives and in our work.
At times it can be challenging to even identify what we want in either our professional or personal lives. Coaching and working with me offers the potential to find solutions to regain some clarity.
How I Work
People often come to coaching because something is not working or they feel that they want to achieve more with their lives. At the very core, people want to feel better, either about themselves or some aspect of their lives. I do this by:
- Building a relationship with you, listening to what you are saying and exploring how things are for you, as an individual.
- Working with you to gain perspective on the situation, helping you explore it from different angles that you might not have considered so far.
- Having a plan. Often looking at a way forward gives you the energy to move away from the current situation.
- Normalising where you are in your life.
- Working with you to recognise your values. Once you have a clearer understanding of what your values are it gives you a stronger sense of identity. It can also help you see areas of conflict in your life that may be at odds with your values.
- Stretching you to move out of your comfort zone and enabling you to grow in confidence.
- Exploring where your energy is focused right now, and if that is supportive for you.
- Finding ways of having hope, looking at a tangible way forward.
The coaching process is unique to each individual; everyone is at a different point in their lives and/ or career and wants to look at their own specific agenda. I work alongside you to explore your situation, and use the most appropriate coaching approaches and tools to get you the result that you want.
I draw on different psychologically grounded coaching methodologies. These include:
- Solution focused methodologies – defining the problem/ situation and then constructing the most appropriate solution via goal setting and focussing on your resources.
- Narrative – what story have you created for yourself about the situation and how/ if you want this to continue.
- Psychodynamic – what unconscious processes are at play here and how can we bring these to light for you to work on.
- Cognitive behavioural – identifying how you think about the problem and reframing this to be more supportive.
- Developmental – enabling you to identify and make changes to grow and mature from your current situation.
- Cross-cultural – enabling you to engage with change, uncertainty and complication without confusion, whether it is in a multi national organisation, a complexly structured workplace or a new country or culture.
- Building on what is working – defining what strategies you have in place that are supportive, and developing and stretching from these.
About our sessions
Our initial session is complimentary. This is for you to explore more about coaching, what it can do for you and to see if we would work well together. During this session we would discuss how often you would like to meet, either in person, via Skype or on the phone. Sessions are generally scheduled weekly or fortnightly, whichever you feel works best in your life.
Please contact me directly for pricing and payment options.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an experienced professional life and executive coach with a background in social care and management.
I have a busy and varied practice and partner with clients, both individual and corporate across geographies ranging from people wishing to return to the workplace after a career break through to senior executives. I work and attend training globally. I have my own coach and supervisor to assure best practice.
I am an accredited Professional Certified Coach (PCC) member of the International Coaching Federation and I abide by their Core Competencies (including ethical guidelines and professional standards).
I am also trained and licensed to deliver the following psychometric testing:
The International Profiler™ (TIP)
This is aimed those who wish to develop their intercultural approaches and skills. It is a personal development process, including a self-assessment psychometric questionnaire which is followed by a detailed personal feedback report. We then discuss the report in a coaching session, with an action plan and follow up agreed.
The Energy Leadership Index Assessment (ELI)
This is an attitudinal assessment (as opposed to a personality test) which captures how you currently perceive and approach the world. This is a self-administered test which captures your unique results and creates a report for you. We then look at this report and using the information provided in the following coaching session we explore whether your current attitudes and perceptions are supporting you in your work and life. From this you have the opportunity to reassess your attitudes and take action to transform the way that you approach the world.
UK International Coach Federation
The International Coach Federation is the professional association for personal and business coaches worldwide.
Coaches can become accredited by the ICF, who have three grades of membership: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Master Certified Coach's have achieved a substantial level of training and experience.
Members of ICF are accountable to a professional code of ethics.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Return to work after a career break.
Interview practice for that all important interview.
What my clients have said about me
" . .Julia is a great coach. I came to see Julia because I was looking for a career change. She has seen me through further study, marriage, life with all its ups and downs and through some tricky work situations. Whatever the issue I bring to her I leave knowing I am going to come away with a clear plan of action even when it seems like there is no possible way forward. Julia really helps you to find your own solutions. She has a great sense of humour and her realism is fabulous for bringing me back down to earth and into the realm of the possible. Julia is action focused but is also empathetic and caring, she is a fantastic coach. ."
" . . As mentor, coach and confidante, Julia’s ability to motivate and inspire is second to none. At times I have felt more than a little lost and she has helped me to find a path back to where I wanted to be. Kind and compassionate, Julia is clear and firm in her approach. She has an uncanny ability to identify strengths within you and empower and enable you to bring them to the surface. If you think you need some help to get your life back on track, look no further. Julia will set you straight! . ."
" . . I have been working with Julia since 2016. Julia is a consummate professional who whilst being extremely smart and incisive, is warm, engaging and a naturally great listener. Despite our sessions being done over Skype, there is a genuine trust and rapport that transcends the digital interaction. Having had CBT, NLP and other therapies in the past, Julia’s background has helped span my ‘reactive’ needs to issues as well as helping me understand, reflect, review and re-evaluate the entire foundation of my life, and positively build a new framework for how I want to live. The benefits show in every area of my life – at home at and at work. Her encouraging style helps me find my own way of tackling my problems, guiding me to re-think things for myself and apply the learnings made in our sessions. . "
" . .I found Julia on recommendation from a friend, and I have in turn recommended her to others – I think that says it all!. "
"Being coached by Julia was very powerful. She offered me a wonderful self-development experience whilst helping me to address some blocks that were holding me back"
" . .Julia is very insightful and a wonderful listener. She is capable of asking just the right questions and then hears and translates what I am unconsciously not saying into actionable discussions. She helps me to look at problems in a different way and then find solutions that fit my needs, so I can meet my personal and professional objectives. . "
". .Caring and pragmatic, Julia helped me to formulate a plan of what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go. Her genuinely warm and empathetic style of coaching has allowed me to focus on what is important to me. As a result I have started to take action, where previously I would have only thought about doing so. In turn, my confidence has grown. My whole family has felt the impact of me taking coaching with Julia. I would definitely recommend Julia to others.. ."