Joanne Forristal Personal Development Coach. (MAC). OCD awareness campaigner.
To see if coaching is right for you I offer a free, no obligation coaching session. This can be booked online at dovestonecoaching.appointlet.com/. Alternatively email or phone me to book your free session.
Do you want more meaningful experiences in your life? Do you feel life is passing you by and you can't engage in it fully? Do unpleasant thoughts and feelings intrude into your mind so you can't be present in the moment? Have you tried positive thinking and it hasn't worked? Is there something you want to do but unpleasant thoughts stop you, keeping you 'stuck'?
If goal setting was easy you would already have achieved your goals, but those niggling, interfering thoughts stop you moving forward,
"I can't because......Everyone will laugh at me......I don't have the confidence..... I'll fail......I don't have the will power......I'm too lazy.......I don't have the time........"
This was me. I have had anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) for twenty years. OCD is a disorder that is characterised by distressing, intrusive thoughts. So as you can imagine I understand how unpleasant thoughts and feelings can impact your life. Acceptance and Commitment therapy has been a life saver helping me to accept these intrusive thoughts and create a meaningful life despite them.
In light of this I started incorporating Acceptance and Commitment techniques into my coaching and found that it is great at helping clients stuck in a loop of unpleasant thoughts and feelings. By helping clients 'unhook' from unhelpful thoughts they can overcome barriers, that for years, have stopped them living the life they want.
I'm the coach for you if:
- You want to lead a full and meaningful life.
- You want to respond more effectively to unpleasant thoughts, feelings and self talk.
- You want to be able to 'unhook' from unhelpful thoughts.
- You want to step out of your comfort zone but your inner critic stops you.
- You want to engage more in your life.
- You want to connect to the present moment.
- You want a better understanding of your values, priorities and where your focus needs to be.
- You want to take committed action towards value based goals.
So if you find you have tried and failed to think positive; If you want to stop struggling with your thoughts and start accepting them; If you want to start appreciating and living your life in a meaningful way, then contact me for a free coaching consultation.
I also have experience in working with people who are in the process of recovery from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Anxiety. I help clients find purpose and start living life again. Having and managing my own OCD I understand the concerns and difficulties associated with setting goals. In a non-judgemental and completely confidential environment you will feel safe to be honest about your OCD themes therefore increasing your success.
I also conduct OCD Awareness workshops to help people understand the impact of OCD. OCD is not all about hand washing. Do you know about religious OCD? Harm OCD or Magical Thinking OCD? People that attend my workshops comment on how many types (themes) of OCD they were unaware of; what the full impact is on the individual and their families and how a lack of awareness is stigmatising the disorder. These workshops are great for health professionals, therapists, mental health first-aiders, teachers, social workers, HR departments and anyone who has an interest in mental well being.
I am passionate about coaching and helping others to enhance their lives. Despite my OCD I set and achieve my values based goals and lead a full and meaningful life.
Don't forget to see what events I am currently running or book your free session online at dovestonecoaching.appointlet.com/ . Alternatively email or phone me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Distinction Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching with The Coaching Academy (One of the leading UK training providers for coaching).
- Ongoing training in Acceptance and Commitment Coaching.
- Ongoing training in Cognitive Behavioural Coaching.
- Self Compassion Coaching.
- NCEF qualification in Fitness Instruction.
- Personal Fitness Trainer with ACE examination.
- BSc Hons Degree in Podiatry.
- 20 years experience of Obsessional Compulsive Disorder.
- 10 years of experience of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Exposure Response Prevention Therapy.
"I was facing challenges at work as well as direction over my career, often holding back and not standing up for myself due to a lack of confidence. Jo helped me identify my strengths, gain control over my time, build confidence and deal with the challenges I was having within my workplace. I found Jo approachable, helpful and supportive. By overcoming the challenges I faced at work I managed to secure a promotion and a significant pay rise which I was able to do thanks mainly to the work and support of Jo". (Jackie Hogan).
"I am enjoying my life more as I feel more confident and I am finally able to do the things that I want to do. I have the tools and the positive attitude to carry on with the changes I have put in place. I know that everything I am doing is because I want to do it and it is going to improve my life and my family's life in some way. All the old limiting beliefs are going and I am looking forward to the future, I cannot thank Joanne enough." (Andy Freeman, Director of FUNtastic).
"Joanne is a fantastic coach who focuses on achieving goals. Her style and approach are both professional, person centred as well as results/outcome focused. Thank you Joanne for being my coach last year and helping me through a tough workplace challenge - you really made a difference to my thought process, how I felt about it and my overall confidence in facing and dealing with the challenge". (Sarah Heaton).
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Acceptance and Commitment Coaching.
- Coaching for people recovering from OCD and anxiety who want to set goals and move on with their life.
- OCD awareness.
- Cognitive Behavioural Coaching.
- Emotional Awareness coaching.
- Behaviour Awareness coaching.
- Resilience Coaching.
- Responding more effectively to negative and limiting thoughts and emotions.
- Rapport building.
- Increasing client base and retention for health and fitness instructors.
- Psychological Flexibility.
Would you buy a car without a test drive? I offer a free of charge, no obligation consultation so you can find out about coaching and ask any questions.
Workplace coaching and workshops- prices are available on request.
You may qualify for reduced or free of charge coaching if you are a charity. Please contact me for further details.