Hi, I'm Beatrice!
As a career coach I work with ambitious, sensitive professionals who have achieved a level of success in their career, but deep down they feel overwhelmed, demotivated and uninspired. I help them get clear on the way forward and take action so they can fall in love with work - and their lives.
Most of us spend more time at work than with our family or friends. So it stands to reason that our career is a big part of our identity. It’s a source of affirmation, success and security.
Is this you?
You’re conscientious, hard-working and ambitious, so you achieved a level of success in your career. At least, on paper. You seem to be juggling all the expectations in your work, personal and social life… but when nobody’s watching, you might secretly admit to yourself that deep down it’s stressful, unsustainable and if nothing changes, you might burn out.
Navigating such moments in your career can feel overwhelming, exhausting and very lonely. But you’re not alone.
Did you know?
2021 research shows that the vast majority of employees suffer from work-related stress, many of whom have experienced burnout in the last 12 months (amplified by the covid-19 pandemic). Many of them are women.
But this isn’t right. Work should be a source of fulfilment, not a source of stress leading to physical, mental or emotional illness.
I was one of those women.
If you are one of them as well, I want you to know I understand and empathise.
When I felt like I was sinking, career coaching has helped me stay afloat. And what’s more, it helped me get clear on what I truly want in my life, and then to create a plan of action to bridge where I was with where I wanted to be.
Hi, I’m Beatrice!
I help ambitious and conscientious professionals like yourself to navigate important career transitions such as:
- Transitioning into a leadership position
- Navigating particularly stressful periods, exhaustion or moving forward after recovering from burnout to find energy and motivation again
- Switching roles or moving to a new industry
- Leaving corporate and starting a business
Like 20% of the population, I am also a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP). I have a particular interest and expertise in working with other HSPs like myself and supporting them to develop tools to navigate their professional life:
- Set healthy boundaries in a gentle, compassionate way
- Deal with imposter syndrome
- Befriend your inner chatter and find effective ways to support yourself
- Understand and overcome perfectionism, overthinking, people-pleasing and feeling overly responsible for everyone else - and instead finding confidence and self-esteem in your professional life
Does this resonate?
- Send me a message
- We’ll arrange a time for a brief 15 min phone chat
- Take control of your work future. And your happiness.
Training, qualifications & experience
Areas of Expertise:
1. Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)
- navigating your career or business as a Highly Sensitive Person
- recovering and finding balance after experiencing burnout or coming out of a highly stressful job
- overcoming mindset obstacles and shadow sides common for Highly Sensitive People: over-responsibility, boundaries, imposter syndrome, self-criticism, self-doubt, perfectionism
2. Career Transitions
Navigating career transitions and equipping yourself to manage drastic professional changes effectively (promotions, changing jobs, changing industries, starting a business as an entrepreneur)
3. Theoretical Approaches and Tools
I am an integrative, holistic coach working at a deep level and supporting my clients to alchemise and integrate parts of themselves that might find themselves in conflict. These tools can help you understand yourself on a much deeper level and start to create positive, sustainable change, during coaching and beyond. These are some key tools I use in my practice:
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Person-Centred Coaching & Coach Supervision
- Jungian Psychology (particularly shadow work)
- Solutions-Focused Coaching
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
Formal training and Credentials
- BSc Psychology
- ICF ACC Credentialed (Associate Certified Coach)
- Certified Transformational Coach (Animas accredited course)
- Certified Coach Supervisor (International Centre for Coaching Supervision)
- Certified Group Facilitator/Coach (Animas)
- ICF Member (UK Chapter)
UK International Coach Federation
The International Coach Federation is the professional association for personal and business coaches worldwide.
Coaches can become accredited by the ICF, who have three grades of membership: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Master Certified Coach's have achieved a substantial level of training and experience.
Members of ICF are accountable to a professional code of ethics.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Highly Sensitive Person
Free initial telephone session
If you feel I might be a good fit with what you’re looking for, in the first instance I’ll suggest we have a brief (15 minute) phone conversation to look at whether there is a fit and if I can support you with your needs. I will always recommend what I feel is best for you and sometimes this means I might refer you to another coach who might be more suited for your needs. This is why an initial consultation is important.
If we both feel confident we can work together, I will share with you how we can work together and what the investment will be. I will never ask you to make a decision there and then, but give you time to reflect and consider your options.
My strengths are in supporting gentle yet transformational change for my clients. We don’t do more than you can handle at any given time, but often you will find that we are not doing less than you can handle either. It’s important in this work to bring about change at the pace your psyche can integrate these changes, to avoid inner resistance and other parts of the psyche reacting to drastic changes without addressing their needs. This is why I invite my clients to consider coaching and supervision as a process that will take place over a period of time (usually months) rather than a one-off or occasional support.
I work virtually (on Zoom), however I am open to discussing meeting in person particularly for larger contracts such as organisational/employee coaching. I cover the South Croydon area and Central London. Please note that in-person sessions could incur additional costs to cover transport and/or commute time. Virtual sessions tend to be most affordable and convenient for my clients.