Trish Wade-Kill MSc, AdvDip. (Coaching)
I am a resourceful and effective certified life and workplace coach, practiced in face to face, online and phone coaching. I draw on a range of coaching modalities including Cognitive Behavioural Coaching and Transactional Analysis. I bring considerable experience in gaining positive results when coaching and mentoring people seeking solutions for complex personal and professional issues. I am practised in supporting and working with people making life, career and educational decisions and changes.
I focus on harnessing my clients' personal attributes to address practical and psychological problems. My approach supports my Clients to unlock potential, build resilience, and identify new, realistic yet challenging goals. I use a mixture of coaching tools, person-centred counselling skills and practical goal setting to deepen self-awareness, so that clients can appreciate their own unique values.
I place warmth, empathy and gentle humour at the centre of my coaching process, yet I can hold my clients’ 'feet to the fire' whilst they make their choices and take action to meet their goals. I believe that, in partnering with my clients in this way, together we can create sustainable momentum, enabling them to progress independently to achieve new personally transformative outcomes.
Combining my passion for personal development and with my coaching training, and my 30 years business leadership and innovation experiences, I can work with individuals and organisations. I offer weekly / monthly coaching days to individuals and teams.
For individuals I bring my coaching, mentoring and counselling training together to provide a psychological coaching approach to clients seeking support with:
- Stress, anxiety & depression by working empathetically with clients to identify emotional triggers that produce negative thoughts. After which a process of linking thoughts to behaviours and consequences deepens self-awareness and lays the stable foundation to practice a fresh outlook and set realistic, positive goals for the future.
- Procrastination and performance nerves by coaching preparation and performance behaviours. These include relaxation and confidence building techniques that can be used when feeling overwhelmed and under pressure to deliver.
- Professional development using psychometric tools and cognitive coaching to identify and un-tap client potential leading to a new way to approach career planning and job seeking that aligns individual traits and talents with career goals.
For businesses I combine my coaching training with my own background in business across start-up enterprises and large organisations. This approach gives me a unique understanding of how to provide support in a wide range of business situations such as:
- Change programmes, department and team mergers by using team building skills and facilitative workshops to identify change barriers and build a collaborative approach to solving problems and delivering innovation.
- Redundancy and retirement outplacement support working with employees to plan and take action to build new opportunities in and out of the workplace.
- Moving into senior positions using a combination of SMART goal setting business mentoring and practical project planning to deliver short terms wins while designing longer term strategic initiatives.
- 1:2:1 coaching for employees returning to work following compassionate / sick leave by using empathy, confidence building and goal setting for work - life balance.
- Post maternity leave return by working collaboratively across the business to ensure returners access resources, adapt to changes and align professional and personal goals.
- Talent programmes and high performing teams by coaching teams to understand and value their own value and that of their colleague. Exploring different working and delivery styles and moving teams from performing, through to hyper performing to deliver agreed business results.
- Remote teamwork success helping individuals who often work alone or removed from the business feel more than just connected my technology. Coaching individuals and teams to build alliances, overcome pitfalls and agree mutually valued protocols that mitigate risks to delivering projects.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications
- Assoc for Coaching Accredited Advanced Diploma in Coaching
- MSc in Innovation and Creativity in Leadership, City University
- British Psychological Society approved IAFPD Certificate in Coaching
- British Psychological Society approved Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- British Psychological Society approved Certificate of attendance Certificate in Stress
- Certificate in Problem solving focused counselling, coaching and training
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body Counselling studies Level 3
Continuing with British Assoc Counselling and Psychotherapy accredited Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling.
Wealden Institute Certificate in Transactional Analysis 101 and TA for Depression
Certified to deliver VIEW personality assessment tool
Diploma in Business and operational management
Prince2 practitioner and experienced in agile project management
Member and affiliation organisations
- MAC - Member, Association for Coaching
- Affiliate International Society for Coaching Psychology
- BACP Student member and Coach (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Exam stress
- Performance coaching
- Overcoming adversity.
- 30 minute free introduction session for new clients
- Individual coaching and life planning packages
- Business based coaching for individuals and teams programmes
- Ongoing online and phone coaching
I am available weekdays 8am to 6pm or weekends 8am to 1pm
Testimonials from my coaching, mentoring and tutoring clients
"I know Trish as a driven, empathic and very approachable tutor/coach. I felt we were on the same level and I could always count on her. She is a very pleasant person to work with, and always optimistic! Thanks to her support (both psychologically and practically), I could come to good solutions"
E.B Online from Netherlands. 2019
"The support and encouragement that Trish gave me over the 6 months were pivotal in helping me gain the confidence to navigate such an important period of my life. I thoroughly looked forward to all of our meetings, knowing that Trish’s empathy, excellent listening skills and gentle advice would help me tackle all of the new and complex situations that were arising for me. I felt noticeably more confident professionally and personally and have no doubt a huge proportion of the credit goes to Trish"
K.W London Aug, 2019
"Friendly, approachable, managed to calm my nerves and give me confidence , that's how dedicated she is!. I have had pleasure working with her and I recommend to any person".
N.A London. 19th July, 2019
"Individual approach, great advice, positive attitude. Always on time, ready to help, very easy going, intelligent and kind. Thanks so much Trish!"
G.A Sussex. 15th July, 2019
"Trish is very understanding and encourages confidence in your own work. I was very anxious ! Trish was the best option.., she’s very patient and knows how to put you as ease..; to bring out the confidence you need. Even more, Trish has all the extra resources to support you, which is relieving. I would highly recommend Trish."
S.V Kent. 8th May, 2019
"I had the pleasure of working with Trish for six months. Trish was a very supportive mentor. Trish’s ability to mentor was unlike any I have met before and made a dramatic progress in my career building. I would happily recommend Trish as a great mentor."
C.H London. Jan, 2019
I believe that every person, regardless of their circumstances, deserves the opportunity to understand their potential and receive support in achieving their goals.
In support of this I volunteer my time and expertise to:
- City University’s professional mentoring programme where I have been regularly nominated and awarded for my contribution to the individuals I mentor.
- The Shaw Trust business mentoring and coaching programme.