I am a master practitioner engaged in doctoral research bringing a pioneering new approach to human transformation: Presence in Action
Are you looking to turn your life around or transform a difficult situation in your personal life or at work?
Are you stuck in your career and do you want to shift up a gear or move on to new and better things?
Are you searching for more meaning and fulfillment but don't know which way to turn?
Are you overwhelmed by the enormity of your current life challenges?
Whatever your context and experience, this radically new approach has the potential to transform your relationship with yourself and others in your life and work.
Presence in Action - A different kind of conversation
Sometimes friends and family are too close to have the kind of conversations you might need to help you make changes in your life. Our 1-1 confidential sessions will give you a fantastic opportunity to explore possibilities and to dare to think beyond your current limits. You will discover more about yourself, what affects you and what you really want. If you are truly ready to make lasting changes, then I would love to support and accompany you.
A bit about me - A Confidante you can trust
I learned my craft long before coaching became a professional industry. Sometimes I think the term 'coaching' is unhelpful because it brings up images of out-dated sports coaching approaches which assume that the coach knows best and that you should set specific goals. As an organisational leader I discovered that a facilitating approach was far more effective in supporting and developing the people around me; helping them to grow resourcefulness and resilience AND to get their jobs done well in ways that left them feeling proud of their accomplishments. My teams flourished. Through these experiences I have come to believe utterly in the capacity of all of us as human beings to rise up to the challenges that life delivers us; AND I believe that we can benefit from skilled support to help us grow into our full potential. As adults we rarely get this kind of attention - yet when we do, it can simply transform our lives forever. Working with someone we truly trust who is totally 'for' us, can be one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves.
Presence in Action - a unique approach equipping you for life
I have a deep passion for resourcing life-changing capacities in others. This has grown through my own personal experiences, professional practice and academic research. Over some 30+ years I developed a unique, highly effective way of supporting others - using a framework called the P6 Constellation. I use this with clients and I train and supervise other practitioners to use it on themselves and with their own clients. In working with me, you will begin to grasp the basics and will find yourself developing greater and greater capacity to navigate more easily and joyfully through life.
My practice is affirmed in my credentials as a Master Accredited Coach and Coaching Supervisor. I have several thousand hours of successful coaching spanning some 25+ years. I have worked with people from different cultures and all walks of life in local to global organisations in every sector and at every level. And - beyond all my formal credentials and experience, I am simply an ordinary human being who used to really struggle with being in the world. I found a way to flow through all this and now pass this on to others so they too can enrich their own lives.
So, if you want an authentic, experienced individual with a depth and breadth of expertise covering many issues and diverse contexts - organisational change, leadership, career/ redundancy, performance, sport, creative arts/music, conflict, teams, bullying - then do contact me for an initial conversation. We will very quickly work out if we are a good fit for each other!
For recommendations on LinkedIN: http://ow.ly/s9cuK or testimonials on my website at www.potent6.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a:
- Doctoral researcher (Centre for Systems Studies, Hull University Business School)
- Fellow of the RSA
- Master Practitioner Coach (International Institute for Coaching and Mentoring)
- Supervisor (of Coaches and practitioners in the helping professions - CSTD London)
- MBA (distinction) (Sheffield Business School)
- Certified Practitioner and Associate with the Human Systems Dynamics Institute (HSDI)
- NLP Practitioner
- BA Hons - Biology and Recreation Management (York St John University)
- Licensed practitioner of Torbert's Leadership Development Profile
- Licensed practitioner Barrett Values Centre's Cultural Transformation Tool
- Member - Association of Coach Supervisors
- Member - Association for Coaching (AC)
- Member - European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
- Director Potent 6
- Former Trustee, The Hunger Project UK
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring
The IAPC&M is an independent not-for-profit organisation, run by coaches and mentors for the benefit of coaches, mentors and training providers around the world.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Sample of services and contexts :
- Presence in Action: complexity-attuned training for individuals, coaches, facilitators, OD practitioners, teachers, therapists etc http://potent6.co.uk/learning-opportunities/#top
- Board/Executive teams - conflict, embracing complexity, leadership development - design, facilitation, delivery http://potent6.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Case-Study-Salford-Health-Matters.pdf
- Organisational Development personal and systemic programmes - developing the resilience and resourcefulness to navigate change and liberate exceptional performance http://potent6.co.uk/our-community-in-practice/partners-and-projects/
- Coaching supervision - individuals and groups
- Designing and delivering effective stakeholder participation/engagement projects
- Arts/music/creatives - R.A.D.I.C.A.A.L. Expression: transforming stories, transforming lives
- Sports coaches, teams, representative squads and governing bodies to leverage capacity and performance
Personal change takes around 4-6 months for important shifts to embed. For this reason I advise new clients to sign up to the SIXERS package (6 hours) to begin this process. I recommend we spread these six hours over four sessions of 1.5hrs on a monthly basis.
FEES: payable by BACS in advance
Personal coaching: reduced rates for non-corporate clients
- see https://potent6.co.uk/product-category/public/coaching/
Sector Professionals & Executives:
London: Local settings to suit near Victoria, Waterloo, Kings Cross, RSA, Southbank. Private space may incur additional room hire fees.
Edinburgh: private, tranquil space in POPIA Place, a cabin in my garden. Free, on-street parking for those who drive and within 5 minutes walk from the No 26, 15, 21, 124 & 49 bus routes in Edinburgh
Daytime, weekend and evening appointments available
See my testimonials on LinkedIN - please follow this link:
http://ow.ly/s9cuK or have a browse on my website