I believe that everyone has potential to be successful in life and work. I will motivate, challenge and inspire you to understand what that success looks like to you and what you need to do to make it happen.
All too often we create our own barriers to success, and sometimes a little help to focus on what you want to have happen – and what you need to do to achieve it – will give you that nudge and set you off in the right direction for you. Clear and pragmatic, I believe that success comes in many shapes and sizes. If you focus on what it means to you as an individual you can then move forward confidently and with a spring in your step instead of expending time and energy being distracted by overwhelm and doing what you think you ‘should’ be doing.
What do you want to have happen?
Sometimes we reach a crossroads in work or life, or feel 'stuck' and need help to focus on what it is that we really want for the future. We are all individuals and you are the expert in your life. My aim is not to try and change you but to use appropriate coaching tools and models to help you see your what, why, how and when so you can gain clarity and take ownership of your own goals and solutions.
During our coaching sessions we will work together to:
- Increase your self-awareness
- Help you to think about the path ahead rather than what is behind you.
- Support you in developing a vision and plan for your career/life/business
- Explore your goals at work and at home, and how to achieve them
- Give you clarity of thought and action to improve your effectiveness
- Increase your confidence and ownership of your own thoughts and actions
- Help you to embrace change
- Give you time to recognise perceived and actual barriers and develop practical strategies to overcome them
- Help you to know what is right for you and support you in finding your own solutions which fit your values and which you are able to commit to
- Encourage, motivate and support you as you move forward from where you are now to where you would like to be
- Reduce stress
- Identify and build on your strengths and talents
- Unlock your potential
- Give you the motivation to become more creative, productive and resilient and make life more enjoyable
I will support you as you move forward whether you are managing significant challenge or change – or by simply giving you the opportunity to leave the office behind and giving you space to focus and think about where you are now and where you want to be.
Coaching while walking - put the spring back in your step!
Even better we can move away from your normal environment and we can talk while we walk - you will then get the double benefit of being outdoors and active both physically and mentally. The joy of coaching while we walk is that it can take place at almost any time and in almost any location! For example:
- Around the block from your office
- Through a park
- At lunchtime or after work if that is more convenient for you
- A more energetic extended stomp along the seafront or in the South Downs. I cannot recommend it highly enough! If the weather defeats us then we can always retire somewhere dry!
Coaching while walking has many benefits:
- Recharge your batteries and put the spring back into your step
- Combine the best of coaching with health and well being
- Be in the here and now whilst focusing on the future
- Put physical and mental distance between you and your normal environment
- Walking gives you time out to clear your head and think coherently
- Look up and out not just what is your nearest crocodile!
- Talking while walking can help you to concentrate thoughts, gives you time for reflection and come up with creative ideas and solutions
- Talking while walking is more relaxing and helps you to open up
- Silence and breathing space is OK
- It’s fun!
If coaching and walking is not for you then I also offer face-to-face coaching in Hampshire
or West Sussex or via telephone or SKYPE if that is more convenient.
Walking while Working on your business for Entrepreneurs - a great opportunity to escape the paraphernalia of all the stuff that distracts you and breathe some fresh air into your business.
Working for yourself and by yourself can sometimes be challenging and a bit lonely. Be part of a coach-facilitated peer-to-peer group to progress your business and support others in theirs - while walking.
We all have different perspectives, resources, skills, experiences and connections that we can use to help each other. During our walks we will engage, connect, seek and give support as we identify and overcome hurdles, share ideas, learn, motivate, inspire and celebrate.
You will get the chance to bounce around your ideas, challenges and successes with the others in the group.When everyone is sharing, collaborating and moving forward together then success, whatever it looks like to you, will come more easily. Please contact me for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
An experienced leader and manager, my background includes a successful career in the Royal Navy which included a wide range of sea and shore assignments, at home and abroad, and successive promotions from the bottom rung to Commander. It was demanding, rewarding and fun yet it was not without its personal challenges. Something that stood out for me in later years was the benefit of coaching styles of leadership and management. It inspired me to get on a course and gain professional ILM Level 5 coaching qualifications. I was immediately blown away by the positive impact that coaching can bring to individuals and organisations, and I loved it!
I ‘retired’ from the Royal Navy in 2012 to focus on developing my coaching business. My clients now come from all walks of life, and although alternatives are always offered, really appreciate the additional benefits of coaching while walking.
I am an Associate Member of the Association for Coaching
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Coaching while walking
Developing female talent
Return to work
Business Start Up
Key Life Changes
Free initial consultation
Your initial 30-45 minute consultation is free and there is no obligation, the aim is to get to know each other and make sure that we ‘click’. We will also discuss where you are now and where you would like to be in the future. If you wish to move forward with coaching with me then we will then agree times, places and cost.
All charges include pre-session preparatory work, post-session summaries of discussions/goals/action plans and email support if required between sessions.
My fee structure will depend on your personal requirements but as a guide:
Walking and talking
- from £65 per hour
If walking and talking does not suit you I can arrange more traditional face-to-face meetings:
- Individual face-to-face sessions: from £80 per hour
I also offer follow-up sessions by telephone or SKYPE
- £65 per hour
The duration of our coaching relationship will depend on your personal needs and preferences. In general, most clients find that a series of coaching sessions, typically once a fortnight over a period of 3-6 months, enables us to delve further and really see what works for you providing you with the tools, tactics and strategies that will progress towards sustainable results. Discounts will apply when arranging a series of 4 or more coaching sessions in advance.
Payments - I ask for payments in advance of the session(s) by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Walking while Working - £8 payable on the day
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Although coaching while walking in my normal environment is not generally accessable for wheelchair users, I am happy to meet at a mutually convenient location where the opportunity for getting out in the fresh air while coaching would be beneficial.
Available weekdays and some evenings