Abhiyana Michelle Singer
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR MORE MEANING, IMPACT OR EASE IN YOUR LIFE AND WORK?
I integrate different coaching, therapy and consultancy approaches that help you to realise your highest potential. Work with me to:
- Access your inner self-leadership resources – e.g. clarity, calmness, confidence, creativity;
- Navigate more effectively through challenge, choice and change.
My approach to coaching has been shaped by 20-year career in international business consultancy and, at the same time, a long path towards healing, mindfulness and self-realisation. As well as being an accredited Life & Executive Coach (IAPC&M), I'm certified in Zen Coaching and a practitioner of Internal Family Systems psychotherapy.
My breadth of experience means that I can work flexibly around your needs. I bring alternative perspectives and approaches that cast new light on challenging issues – but I also ensure that the coaching relationship is grounded in practical considerations, goals and action plans.
THE DIFFERENT COACHING INGREDIENTS I USE
- Life & Executive Coaching: A process which helps you to define and achieve your goals – or to tackle specific obstacles – so you can maximise your potential in life or work.
- Internal Family Systems: A psychotherapy model which works with inner conflict, 'stuckness' or dysfunctional coping mechanisms, restoring harmony and self-acceptance to your life.
- Zen Coaching: A mindfulness-based approach which reconnects you with your inner wisdom, helping to unlock new self-awareness, effortless transformation and a deeper sense of fulfilment.
CLIENTS AND CHALLENGES I WORK WITH
I work with a range of clients – including senior managers, junior execs, small business creators, mindfulness explorers, and anyone else struggling with difficult experiences – across the UK and internationally. Areas of focus are:
- Finding more balance and integration in your work/life;
- Navigating transitions, e.g. review/re-engage at ‘milestone’ ages, during lifestage shifts and new year planning; career progression and career change; self-identity questions;
- Processing life-shocks and lifestyle disruptions, e.g. post-Covid work practices, redundancy, burnout, health issues, relocation, relationship rupture;
- Supporting employees through their personal experience of organisational change programmes.
- Leading with purpose, presence and personal authenticity;
- Mindfulness and self-realisation;
- Defining core purpose, values and needs to help shape life choices.
MORE ABOUT SELF-LEADERSHIP
Self-leadership is an ability to consciously observe and influence your own thoughts, feelings and actions – so you can achieve your purpose and goals.
It drives self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-growth. Some describe it as a higher level of psychological maturity or emotional intelligence. Others understand it as spiritual realisation – as coming to know who you truly are.
“[People in Self-leadership] describe feeling centered, calm, and light, with a pervasive sense of wellbeing. They demonstrate confidence and openheartedness. They have a greater sense of choice. Many also gain access to an exhilarating sense of connection to others…” Dr. Richard C. Schwartz, founder of IFS psychotherapy
“Exceptional leaders distinguish themselves because of superior self-leadership.” Daniel Goleman, psychologist and author of bestselling book, Emotional Intelligence
Training, qualifications & experience
- Practitioner Diploma in Life & Executive Coaching from Noble Manhattan Coaching Ltd (2006-08) – fully accredited by the International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring (IAPC&M)
- Practitioner of Internal Family Systems model of psychotherapy (Level 2)
- Full certification in Zen Coaching, Sweden; currently working towards Senior Coach certification
- 20+ years’ experience in global business consulting (strategic insight) including senior management roles in London and New York City; currently working as an Associate at a global organisational design & transformation consultancy
- 20+ years of mindfulness and self-realisation – including numerous courses and retreats in personal development, mind-body therapies, meditation and Satsang
- MSc Communications/Social Psychology from London School of Economics
Like many on the corporate ladder, I struggled for years to balance a stimulating, demanding career with a broader sense of purpose and workable boundaries. I loved my job but was often dealing with chronic pain and burnout, and I had little time or energy for other important aspects of my life.
After immersing myself in different wellbeing approaches, I started using them to help other people too. In 2008, I took a 2-year sabbatical in Thailand and India, working as a therapist. This was a time of huge personal growth and transformation, culminating in some months spent with a radical Zen Master. The search was over!
So I returned to corporate life in New York City, and noticed that I brought much greater clarity, presence and authenticity; I was more effective in my work, but it was somehow effortless and much more fun. I enjoyed a few more years of applying these learnings while also managing and mentoring others to flourish in their life and work. In 2016, I moved back to the UK to set up my own coaching and consulting business.
I am also an Associate at The Ready (https://theready.com/), a pioneering organisational design and transformation consultancy. We help organisations and teams to become more adaptive, meaningful and human - to do their best possible work. As well as offering transformational consultancy projects, we offer introductory workshops and customised coaching support.
International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring
The IAPC&M is an independent not-for-profit organisation, run by coaches and mentors for the benefit of coaches, mentors and training providers around the world.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Mindfulness Coaching
- Zen Coaching
- Internal Family Systems Coaching
- Voice Dialogue Coaching (sub-personalities)
- Transpersonal Coaching
- Integrated Coaching
- Health Coaching - Anxiety
- Health Coaching - Burnout
As a simple ‘ratecard’, my fees are:
- 1 hour session ~ £60
- 90 minute session ~ £80
Discounted packages are available for 10+ sessions paid in advance – please ask me for more details.
As much as possible, I like to design a programme that is customised to your needs, objectives, availability and preferred way of working. Although I don’t require a minimum number of sessions, I’d recommend that you commit to at least 3 or 4 sessions initially so that we have enough time to explore issues thoroughly, review progress, and establish new patterns.
How/where do we connect?
As many of my coaching clients are based in different parts of the UK or the wider world, sessions are usually online, using Skype or Zoom. We can also connect by phone if you prefer that option.
Depending on Covid restrictions, I offer in-person coaching sessions at my home in Brighton & Hove (South England), or in London and other locations by arrangement.
Where do we start?
I’m always happy to arrange an introductory chat, free of charge, to discuss your situation and objectives and my way of working. If you feel that we're a good fit, we can discuss and design a coaching process that will meet your needs - and then schedule our first session!
“I first approached Abhi when I was having a difficult time and felt I needed to re-evaluate my purpose and goals. Her calm presence put me at ease straight away. Abhi has a wonderful way of giving you space to explore whilst listening attentively and providing the necessary guidance and reflective exercises. Since my first few sessions with her, my life has truly flourished. I have found the perfect job and most loving relationship. Abhi and her unique coaching practice has acted as a catalyst in my life. I feel super-grateful to have found her." Alexia, Business Analyst
"Abhi helped me get past a point in my career in which I was feeling stuck and without a clear direction. With her calm and positive attitude, united with her extensive experience of corporate culture and team management, she was able to provide me with invaluable guidance. In a few months, this resulted in me getting a career advancement and a clearer sense of purpose in my day-to-day job. I am so grateful to have met Abhi and I couldn’t recommend her more wholeheartedly. Thanks Abhi!"
Serena, Associate Manager
"From first meeting Abhiyana, I had a sense of peace and confidence in her. The sessions have been full of grace and ease, even when looking at painful parts of me. I feel so safe with her and I feel that she is very balanced in herself and that I am in wonderful hands. I really recommend her. While I’m going through so much change at the moment, this work is proving invaluable." Heather, Post-Partum Carer
"I was feeling overwhelmed by professional and family demands when I contacted Abhi, but was quickly impressed by Abhi’s wonderful combination of intelligence, wisdom, and compassion. Abhi used IFS therapy and Zen Coaching for deep, powerful work effecting long-term changes. But at other times she could draw on her Life Coaching skills to help me clarify immediate goals. She has helped me grow as an individual, which has brought more joy and creativity back into family life and more clarity into my professional life. Overall, life feels more manageable and even quite exciting!" CB, Senior Research Manager
360-degree reviews from colleagues for senior management role
“Abhi is approachable, friendly, unintimidating, but at the same time completely professional in her role.”
“Abhi is open, direct and straight-talking, which is refreshing! But also a very warm, kind person to work with.”
“Abhi truly supports her team and looks out for them. She is a trusted advisor for those she works with.”