Abhiyana Michelle Singer
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE WITH MORE PURPOSE, CLARITY AND EASE?
I am an Integrated Personal Coach, combining different coaching and therapy approaches that help you to realise your highest potential – to be who you truly are.
My approach to coaching has been shaped by 20-year career in international business consultancy and, at the same time, a long path towards healing, mindfulness and self-realisation. As well as being an accredited Life & Executive Coach, I'm certified in Zen Coaching and a practitioner of Internal Family Systems psychotherapy.
I can work with you to:
- Find your inner resources of calmness, confidence, creativity and connection
- Enable you to respond more effectively to challenging situations
- Bring more ‘meaningful success’ into your life, in an almost effortless way
The way I integrate different approaches to coaching tends to vary in each session, depending on the preferences of the client, the nature of the challenge we’re working on, and what I feel is needed in that moment.
My breadth of experience means that I can work flexibly around your needs. I bring alternative perspectives and approaches that cast new light on challenging issues – but I also ensure that the coaching relationship is grounded in practical considerations, goals and action plans.
THE DIFFERENT COACHING INGREDIENTS I USE
- Life & Executive Coaching: A process which helps you to define and achieve your goals – or to tackle specific obstacles – so you can maximise your potential in life or work.
- Zen Coaching: A mindfulness-based approach which reconnects you with your inner wisdom, helping to unlock new self-awareness, effortless transformation and a deeper sense of fulfilment.
- Internal Family Systems: A psychotherapy model which works with inner conflict, ‘exiled’ parts of you and dysfunctional coping mechanisms, restoring harmony and self-acceptance to your life.
CLIENTS AND CHALLENGES I WORK WITH
I work with a diverse range of clients, including:
- Senior business leaders wanting to focus on work issues and opportunities
- Small business creators wanting to manifest their purpose and vision
- Mindfulness explorers wanting to find calmness and deeper understanding of themselves
- Anyone struggling with difficult feelings or life situations
Particular focus areas are:
- Leading with purpose, presence and personal authenticity
- Career progression and specific work/life goals
- Mindfulness and self-realisation
- Confidence, assertiveness and influence
- Overwhelm, burnout and compulsive thoughts/behaviours
- Defining core purpose, values and needs to help shape life choices
- Managing time, energy and priorities
- Navigating life transitions and changes
MORE ABOUT INTEGRATED COACHING...
In many ways, our daily lives are more hectic and complex than ever before. Not surprisingly, we get overwhelmed, or we look around us and believe that something crucial is lacking in our lives and our selves. Even the most outwardly “successful” people can get caught up in:
- A relentless pursuit of self-improvement or new symbols of success
- Constrictive ideas about what they “should” or “shouldn’t” do
- A tendency to over-analyse their thoughts and actions (or the thoughts and actions of others), which drains their energy and prevents them from moving forward.
Instead of just using Life Coaching to set up yet more external goals, endless to-do lists or self-blame routines, it’s often more helpful to step back from these old patterns and filters.
Integrated Coaching helps us to connect with ourselves and others in a deeper, more authentic way. It melts away layers of self-imposed pressure, protection and internal conflict, bringing us back to a place in ourselves which is more calm, compassionate and wise.
Once we have accessed this state of being, we can bring more clarity to the issues and challenges we are facing, and we can move forward to address them with far greater ease and thoroughness. Often, our problems then seem to just dissolve rather than needing to be actively solved!
It isn’t spiritual or esoteric or ‘New Age’. It’s a simple, powerful approach, based on questions that refocus our awareness on the present moment and our essential nature. In some ways, it’s similar to everyday mindfulness exercises that you may have tried or heard about – but we’re embedding these in a clearly defined, actionable coaching context.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Practitioner Diploma in Life & Executive Coaching from Noble Manhattan Coaching Ltd (2006-08) – fully accredited by the International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring (IAPC&M)
- Full certification in Zen Coaching, Sweden; currently working towards Senior Coach certification
- Practitioner of Internal Family Systems model of psychotherapy
- 20+ years’ experience in global business consulting, including senior management roles in London and New York City
- 20+ years of mindfulness and self-realisation – including numerous courses and retreats in personal development, mind-body therapies, meditation and Satsang
- MSc Communications/Social Psychology from London School of Economics
Like many on the corporate ladder, I struggled for years to balance a stimulating, demanding career with a broader sense of purpose and workable boundaries. I loved my job but was often dealing with burnout and chronic pain, and I had little time or energy for other important aspects of my life.
After immersing myself in different wellbeing approaches, I started using them to help other people too. In 2008, I took a 2-year sabbatical in Thailand and India, working as a therapist. This was a time of huge personal growth and transformation, culminating in some months spent with a radical Zen Master. The search was over!
So I returned to corporate life in New York City, and noticed that I brought much greater clarity, presence and authenticity; I was more effective in my work, but it was somehow effortless. I enjoyed a few more years of applying these learnings while also managing and mentoring others to flourish in their life and work. In 2016, I moved back to the UK to set up my own coaching and consulting business.
I am also the co-founder of Lead With Presence, a business that supports 'mindfulness-based wisdom in the workplace'. We offer Breakthrough Consultancy Projects for organisations, and Experiential Learning Workshops for employees and other groups - see www.leadwithpresence.co.uk
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Mindfulness Coaching
- Zen Coaching
- Internal Family Systems Coaching
- Voice Dialogue Coaching (sub-personalities)
- Transpersonal Coaching
- Integrated Coaching
- Health Coaching - Anxiety
- Health Coaching - Burnout
Photos & videos
As a simple ‘ratecard’, my fees are:
- 1 hour session ~ £60
- 90 minute session ~ £80
Discounted packages are available for longer ‘workshop’ sessions or for 6+ sessions paid in advance – please ask me for more details.
As much as possible, I like to design a bespoke programme that is customised to your needs, objectives, availability and preferred way of working. Although I don’t require a minimum number of sessions, I’d recommend that you commit to at least 2 or 3 sessions initially so that we have enough time to explore issues thoroughly, review progress, and establish new patterns.
How/where do we connect?
I am available for in-person sessions at my home practice in Brighton & Hove or sometimes in Central London, UK.
I also work online with clients who live further afield or outside the UK - via Skype or similar platforms.
I'm available between coaching sessions via email, phone or Skype if you'd like some additional support.
Where do we start?
I’m always happy to arrange a thorough introductory chat, free of charge, to discuss your situation and objectives and my way of working. If you feel that we're a good fit, we can discuss and design a coaching process that will meet your needs - and then schedule our first session!
“I first approached Abhi when I was having a difficult time and felt I needed to re-evaluate my purpose and goals. Her calm presence put me at ease straight away. Abhi has a wonderful way of giving you space to explore whilst listening attentively and providing the necessary guidance and reflective exercises. Since my first few sessions with her, my life has truly flourished. I have found the perfect job, most loving relationship and made progress towards making my dream come true. Abhi and her unique coaching practice has acted as a catalyst in my life. I feel super-grateful to have found her."
Alexia Anghelakou, Business Analyst
“Abhi strikes a balance between being very innovative but also understanding the importance of solid execution. This approach – measured steps to big transformation – ensures the greatest chance for success and learning along the way.”
Chris Hloros, Business Director
"From first meeting Abhiyana, I had a sense of peace and confidence in her. The sessions have been full of grace and ease, even when looking at painful parts of me. I feel so safe with her and I feel that she is very balanced in herself and that I am in wonderful hands. I really recommend her. While I’m going through so much change at the moment, this work is proving invaluable."
Heather Hawthorn, Post-Partum Carer & Healer
“My session with Abhi was deep and insightful in a totally unexpected way. Abhi is professional, relaxed and understanding, and she was extremely sensitive and intuitive to the issue that came up. I left feeling we had completed a valuable process.”
Helen Thatcher, Therapist
360-degree reviews from colleagues for senior management role
“Abhi is approachable, friendly, unintimidating, but at the same time completely professional in her role.”
“Abhi is open, direct and straight-talking, which is refreshing! But also a very warm, kind person to work with.”
“I love how Abhi welcomes the chance to work through problems together, to find new and better ways of working and meeting client needs. She is incredibly valuable to me in this regard.”
“Abhi truly supports her team and looks out for them. She is a trusted advisor for those she works with.”
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|