As your coach, I will help you to make change. Together we will uncover what’s holding you back, blocking you, or causing you frustration and unhappiness. I will help you work out what you can do about it, and how to go about setting that in motion.
My approach, though reflective listening and gentle yet at times challenging questions, is to stay on your side, travel at your pace, to find practical, manageable and lasting answers to your current questions.
I recruit all my experience to this work - my professional background as a solicitor, a mediator, a business owner and coach as well as everything that’s ever happened in my personal life. I am experienced in helping people manage conflict, both external and internal, helping you find ways to effectively communicate difference and be confident in difficult conversations.
I will bring humour, humanity, tact, tenacity and wisdom to our work.
Contact me to book a free sample session, visiting my website to find out more. https://www.penelopeoverton.com/
- Stuck over a decision?
- Circling around the same old thoughts?
- Frustrated by lack of progress?
- Feeling a lack of control over what you do next?
- Unable to make yourself heard or understood?
- Worried about a relationship, at home or at work?
- Aware that time is running away and that you're not getting on with what you really want to do?
I can help - contact me for a first free session.
What people say:
"Penelope engaged me in focusing on what issues I could work on and enabled me to choose the ones that linked together for our sessions. She demonstrates her willingness to be alongside a client while keeping her perspective and within her role. She is warm, she has maturity and is interested in her client and wants them to achieve their goals."
"Even after the first session with Penelope I felt like I had gained some order and control back in my life. I had just been through a dreadful divorce which had traumatised my two teenagers and myself. Every session with her has been unique and always beneficial for me. We talk about different aspects of my life and difficulties that I might be facing. Penelope has boosted my confidence and helped me to gently tackle one issue at a time."
I have no doubt that the life coaching that I have had with Penelope has boosted my self esteem, helped me to believe in myself and given me the strength and resilience to face the uncertainty in my life. I am looking forward to a new chapter in my life and planning my future. Penelope has helped me to do this."
Victoria - 2016
"Penelope's gentle, perceptive way of suggesting what she hears when I speak has helped me to see possibilities and hope, leading me to a more objective and positive vision of my future. Her support and total engagement has been enormously helpful in my present situation and what looked like dark, total disruption now has lots of chinks of light. Thank you Penelope, also for your unassuming humour and humanity."
"Penny’s coaching has been invaluable to me, it has helped me gain clarity on a number of different issues both personally and in work. Having a neutral person who is able to ask the right questions has enabled me to move forward in some areas that I have previously been ‘stuck’ with. Taking the time every week to be coached has given me a fresh perspective on where I am and would like to be in the future. Thank You!"
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Diploma Transformational Coaching
- Accredited Certificate Positive Psychology Coaching
- Existential Coaching CPD
- National Certificate in Workplace Mediation Skills
- Advanced Mediation Skils
- Civil and Commercial Mediation Training (ADR Gp)
- Community Mediation Skills Cert
- Restorative Justice Training
- Teacher Effectiveness Training
- Nonviolent Communication Training (NVC) Foundation training
- Dialogue Road Map Resolver Training
- MA (Oxon) English Literature and Language
- MA Creative Writing (Birkbeck)
- Non- practising Solicitor
- 12 Years solicitor in private and public sector
- Mediator in Workplace, Civil and Commercial and Community sectors
- Mediation Trainer for public sector, FTSE 100, universities and other industry
- ADR Gp trainer
- Peer Mediation trainer in primary and secondary schools
- Director of PR Consultancy (11 Years)
- Life and Business Coach
- Mother of two young adults (let’s not forget this is a job)
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Communication and conflict coaching
Packages of six sessions by Skype £360 for individuals, £480 for couples
Business fees by negotiation.
I work from my home in St Albans or by Skype anywhere in the world.