Perhaps the key was always the relationship with yourself?
Are you struggling to become the person you wish to become or create the life of your dreams?
- Perhaps you actually have it all figured out with what you’re here to do.
- Perhaps you dream of becoming that person with incredible confidence and at ease.
- Perhaps your dream feels so amazing, you feel so lit up inside, you could jump straight in.
And yet perhaps you are also reading this, feeling stuck in your job, giving your power away, watching the clock tick away, wishing you could be transported to the time where you are finally living your dream; your purpose; your dharma!
Well, kudos for allowing yourself to dream. A dream or that wishful thinking creates the desire for change to occur.
Yet, often the dream can feel too unachievable to create the roadmap of how to get there, or the willpower to keep going.
Let's be real here - life is not always so simple that we can take the leap and shift to where we wish to be. Whether those blocks are financial constraints, personal beliefs about who we are and our capabilities, enough time in the day...
Whichever part of the journey you are on; whether you have just created the awareness of wanting to change, starting a new venture, creating a new life ...
Remember... you are on your path!
So how can we make this journey a smoother and more enjoyable ride?
How about considering what your real relationship with the person you are becoming or the life you are creating is like? (imagine it as a friend).
Give it a go...which statement do you resonate with the most?
A: I work so hard at my day job, looking after my family, and making sure everyone else has what they need. There's just no time to spend with my creation!
B: I plan in time for my creation, but then I have to cancel or rearrange because something has come up
C: I meet with my creation, but to be honest….I'm just not present. My mind is on other things.
D: I am all in baby! I get so excited about meeting my creation. I have off days because life is real. But most days I am making sure my creation is growing, I put my creation first above everything else and it has what it needs to be fulfilled. I look after my energy to ensure I can keep fuelling my creation.
If you answered D…. Well done!
It sounds like you are managing to balance your working life with creating your new life/future version of yourself, and your energy is focused on what you love doing.
Your energy and your passion will be the fuel to build your new creation.
Look after your energy…It is like gold dust. And is forever changing. You may be shown some curveballs that throw you off course, but listen closely to your heart and you won't drift far.
If you answered A, B or C….
How would you feel if that were you on the receiving end?
Imagine your creation as your future self. Do you wholly believe in him/her? Or …do you push what he/she needs aside?
If you were him/her, how long would you give it before you gave up, and settled for something else?
Creating your new life, whether that be your dream career, business or new version of you is like a relationship.
And in the early days…it takes commitment.
Like a relationship….
- Your creation needs to be nurtured, it needs to be listenedto and be heard.
- Your creation needs you to look afteryou so that you can give it the attention it deserves
- Your creation needs you to treat her with respect. If you say you will turn up.
Be realisticwith what you can commit to, and deliver.
- Your creation needs you to believe in him/her. So that you are your biggest cheerleader, and will be there to motivateher when time is tough, and work on what's dragging your creation back to the old life
Like a relationship….
- Your creation will drift away, shrivel up and feel distant if it isn't nurtured.
- Until you change your focus, your energy will focus on what it feels it needs to first and so will be spent leaving little or no energy to build your new creation.
- if you give up on it, it will give up on you. It works both ways. If you want to receive opportunities, you need to work on building the opportunities.
Here is the good news!
Your creation is patient! It doesn't demand! And it rewards for what you put in!
So here are my tips for making sure you and the relationship you have with your creation get along.
- Be realistic with your commitments. Life is demanding…maybe you have a family to look after and can only contribute a small amount of time a day, a week, or a month. That's Ok… You are still edging forwards! It may take a little longer to arrive at your destination. The important thing here is to be realistic with your stepping stones so that you appreciate the length of the journey and don't tire along the way.
- Consider how you can get the best of your day so that you are continuously edging forwards. What's your daily routine?
- Get clear on what your priorities are in your life. What needs to happen for you to prioritise your creation? What do you need to stop doing?
- Simplify your life - What you can let go of? It's amazing how much easier the journey is when you have less to carry. Think about your lifestyle, are you working to fund a lifestyle that doesn’t bring you happiness?
- Protect your energy! What can you do to make sure you are in tip-top energy every day so you can give your all when you call on your creation? And conversely, what can you give up? For some, this may be looking after your diet, hydrating your body, and exercising, for others it may be spending more time in nature, taking in mother nature and letting go of the stresses and strains of the week.
- Think about the relationships you have with others and yourself. Are you saying yes to others more than you do to yourself? By saying yes to others, you say no to yourself. Make sure that yes comes from a place of integrity. And let yourself be heard
- Journal - the bad, the good and the Ugly! Often we just want to get past the ugly, or dampen it down….wine, a movie or whatever it takes. But that is all you are doing….dampening it! Let it heal!….let it be heard! Ask what is causing this emotion to arise.
- Do more of what you love and less of what you don’t…..it really is that simple! Get clear on what you need to do, learn or release to move towards and embody your Purpose!
- And repurpose! What can you use from the current situation to support you on your journey? What opportunities are available to you to enable you to grow and will help you build your purpose?
And please....let me know how you get on below.