Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Hi! I'm Sue. I am a Life Coach, a Master Practitioner of Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), and a Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor. I work with clients (adults and teenagers) who want change and forward action in their personal or professional lives. All you need is a willingness to learn new ways of being; with yourself, your thoughts and others.
To book a free 30minute Discovery call - just visit my website at www.sueorwin.com.
Modern living is fast, challenging and constantly changing. It can also be a source of a lot of the stress we feel in our day-to-day lives. Whether you have an issue you want to overcome, or a goal in your sights, or if you feel a bit lost and unsure of your next steps in any area of your life, NLP based Life Coaching can help you get from where you are, to where you want to be, even if you don't have a clear destination, or a map!
Working with a Master Practitioner who is unbiased and unconnected to other areas of your life, in a safe, non - judgemental space gives you greater insight on the aspects of yourself you don't understand, yet.
Lets work together to:
- Let go of fear, anger, hurt, sadness and guilt
- Manage anxiety
- Put procrastination in the past
- Overcome that inner critic
- Consistently set goals you achieve
- Develop new skills and helpful behaviours
- Feel motivated and in control of your life
- Have better relationships personally or professionally
- Create the happy, fulfilled life you want
I also offer teenage coaching:
Being a young person in the 21st century is tough. It is a million miles away from what it used to be. These days young people have to deal with a unique set of pressures that adults of my age and above never used to experience. For a start, the advent of social media means that there is an ever present pressure to look a certain way, have the right things and generally live the perfect life with the perfect people all the time. There is no switching off.
If you missed GCSE's / A levels during the pandemic you may be experiencing loneliness and with the competition for university places as well as challenging job and housing markets, you may feel loss of direction and a sense of fear about the future. And all of this is on top of the "normal" pressures of adolescence including; chemical changes in your brain, going through puberty, developing sense of identity and the pressures of "fitting in", significant periods of change and transition, as well as the pressures of exams.
Youth coaching is designed to support you if you:
- are between the ages of 13-17years
- want to talk in a safe and confidential space, with a coach who is unbiased and unconnected to the rest of their world
It is a great way to support you to:
- feel better, happier and more "yourself"
- discuss worries doubts and concerns you may have
- develop your confidence and communication skills
- help you manage stress
- set and achieving goals
- tackle time management and personal organisation
- support you with the unique pressures young people face e.g., exams, relationships, developing their sense of identity and accepting yourself
discuss your mental health including; depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and psychosis, self-harm and eating disorders*
- manage transition e.g., into high school, or thinking about future career option
*Please note: as a Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor I can spot signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions and offer safe, appropriate conversation as well as signposting to appropriate UK support if necessary, I am not qualified to diagnose or treat a mental health condition.
Training, qualifications & experience
In addition to the credentials listed below, I am committed to undertaking regular (monthly) supervision to ensure reflective and peer informed practice and CPD:
- I am a fully qualified NLP Master Practitioner certified through ABNLP
- I am a Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor licensed with Mental Health First Aid England (the principles apply equally to adults)
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing
- I have managed teams, and worked with young people and their families over a 20+year career including as CEO of two charities, and 10years as a Change Manager in the Public Sector working with stakeholders to oversee successful business change projects.
- 25+years working with young people and their families in a full spectrum of situations, primarily working with young people in extremely disadvantaged circumstances including young people leaving care, in Pupil Referral Units and Young Offenders Institutes.
- I am a professional member of the Association for NLP
- BSc Business and Management Degree
- Masters in Business Administration (Executive MBA Yr1)
- BA (Dance) Degree, Northern School of Contemporary Dance (my first career was as a professional dancer, believe me, I know a thing or two about competition, stress and pushing yourself to the limit!)
- I am fully insured, and hold an enhanced Disclosure and Barring certificate (DBS)
Member organisations *
Areas of coaching we deal with
£50.00 - £899.00
Free initial online session
I currently offer:
- Breakthrough days: 6-8hrs intensive 1:1 transformational coaching experience
- The 8hour Plan: 8 hours of 1:1 coaching over a maximum 12week period
- The 4 Hour Plan: 4 hours of private coaching to be taken within 6weeks
- Power Hours: Hourly coaching sessions when you want them (only available to clients who have previously completed a 4hr or 8hr plan, or a Breakthrough Day)
When we work
I offer evening and weekend appointments at no extra cost so that you can fit your coaching around your other commitments.
This is your coaching, and your agenda. I use the transformational power of listening, conversation and NLP to help you improve your world, and actualise the fullest expression of your unique self.