Mihaela Diaconu Leadership| Wellbeing| Career
Supporting humans flourish at work and build thriving workplaces and communities, using business psychology principles, one conversation, one experience, and one process at a time!
My passion is to help you achieve your potential at work, and in life in general; improve performance, become more resilient, more aligned with your own values and aware of your talents and strengths.
While working together we establish what gives you energy and what drains it, and we assess what is the right amount of support and challenge needed, to put you in the driver's seat, so moving forward becomes inevitable.
In every session, we are embarking on a discovery journey, a discovery of new abilities and opportunities. Through understanding, introspection, reflection and courageous action taking place, as well as many aha moments.
I have worked with hundreds of people on a one to one basis as a coach, and throughout my career, I discovered that, for me, there isn't better joy than being able to support fellow humans navigate work challenges joyfully and successfully!
I provide a wide range of just in time resources if needed, and have access to a wide range of psychometric assessments (Occupational Test User - from identifying values to creating competency frameworks, and more, by example: personality, decision-making styles, strengths, psychological safety, culture fit, resilience).
Book a no-obligation initial session here:
Topics we might work together on:
- Career Transition/ Or any transition in current work, where change has bestowed upon you - as Herminia Ibarra says: When you are at the "What got you here, won't get you there" moment
- Career Coaching in general- when not sure what next, or maybe you want a promotion, move roles or companies, etc.
- Work challenges (especially if you had some improvement areas highlighted on your development plans / 360 feedback or simply want to improve relationships at work); such as:
- Improving listening skills
- Becoming more resilient
- Becoming more assertive
- General communication skills
- Improve emotional intelligence
- Dealing better with conflict
- Challenging conversations
- Improving productivity
- Reduce stress
- Confidence building
- Presentation skills
- New role success - first 90 days/ 3 months (for both line manager/ leader and individual contributor scenarios)
- Team coaching
- Leadership behaviours change - I am a Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centred Coach and this coaching method starts from the premise that to be able to be as successful in the future, as you were until now, some habits need unlearning. Also looking at what those are and which ones are more unhelpful for your next leg of your leadership journey, as: "What got you here, won't get you there".
Book a no-obligation initial session here:
My client's words:
"Working with Mihaela had a very positive impact at this point in my career. We built a good relationship and really felt that Mihaela was immediately on my agenda. Her questions are considered and insightful. She is non-judgmental, listens and she demonstrated throughout that she understood what I wanted to achieve. I found the whole experience very powerful.” - Sarah, Head of L&D
“The coaching sessions with Mihaela helped me define my values and look for opportunities more aligned with them. At first, it was hard to turn my discontent into action and also felt unprepared to work in another industry, being my first career transition. Our sessions addressed those two issues brilliantly.
The coaching sessions got me through this tough phase of my life. In the end, I had two new role offers, and more importantly, I now feel more prepared for professional challenges that might come in the future.” - Agatha, Senior Operational Manager
“Working with Mihaela has been one of the best decisions I have made recently. Our work together helped me establish tangible goals, educate me on the process of identifying plans of action and understand what my strengths are. The impact for me has been tremendous.” Karla- Senior Manager, Air Traffic
Training, qualifications & experience
Volunteering and Causes:
- CMI (Chartered Management Institute) Mentor
- NHS Leadership Academy - Coach
- Facilitator for the World Business and Executive Coaching Summit
- Reviewing books for the Association for Coaching
- Career and Transition Coach - The Berkshire Executive Club
- Speaker Liaison Team Leader/ Speaker Coach- TedxCanaryWharf
- Career Coach- The Career Development Group
Modules part of the Coaching Diploma:
- Career Transition Coaching
- Leadership Development Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Confidence Coaching
- Change Coaching
Modules part of the MSc Organisational Psychology:
- Life Career Development
- Employee Relations and Motivation
- Leadership and Performance Management
- Learning and Development
- Organisation and Change Perspectives
- Selection and Assessment
- Wellbeing at work
- Research Methods
Education and Qualifications:
- British Psychological Association Psychometrics Occupational Test User
- Currently studying to become MSc Organisational Behaviour/ Psychology
- Leadership Coaching Diploma- Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching & 360 Global Leader Assessor. Have been invited to become an Associate.
- Corporate and Executive Coaching Diploma- The Coaching Academy, endorsed by ILM & DISC Profiler
- Various: Train the Trainer and Training Practitioner, Presentations, Communications, Sales, Management, Leadership, Customer Service qualifications and training
- Bachelor of Chemistry, Specialisation Nuclear Chemistry; and also Psychology, Pedagogy and Teaching Practice, Chemistry Teacher Education.
- Fellow Chartered Management Institute
- Practitioner Business Psychology Association
- Member Association for Coaching
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Leadership, Teams, Change, Conflict Resolution, Public Speaking, Interviews, First 90 days/ 3 months in a new role, First Time Manager, Productivity, Time Management, Wellbeing Coaching, Resilience, Courageous Conversations.
From £75.00 to £2,500.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Coaching could be held either on a virtual platform, good old telephone or face to face type and location, depending on individual preferences and needs; I have access to multiple options.
The structure is generally as follows:
- 50min initial discovery session - free of charge, where we establish if we are right for each other.
- Block of 6/ 9 or 12 x 1hr sessions- for Personal and Career Development and Wellbeing Coaching.
- Block of 6/ 9/ or 12 x 1.5hr sessions for Leadership or Executive Coaching.
- Other formats for Group, Team or Organisational interventions.