Jacky Matthews - Helping you make the most of your career
Hello and welcome to my page.
My name is Jacky and I have 2 main passions in my work;
1. Helping you to find a job that you really enjoy, find rewarding and reflects your true ability, irrespective of your position, experience or what others say!
2. Helping anyone that manages people to build a fantastic team, where there is mutual respect and trust, no-one wants to leave and everyone works hard.
You are probably reading this because you're having a difficult time, we have all been there and sought out help and support, let me help you!
My expertise is in managing people, recruitment, careers, building confidence, self-esteem and helping you to deal with difficult situations.
A careers coach won’t find you a job, they can’t prevent rejection, but they can provide you with personal insight, confidence, encouragement and inspiration. They can also provide you with the best chance of reaching your dreams, so don’t settle for anything less.
Please get in touch if any of these are you;
· You need a job fast, either you haven’t got a job or the one you’re in, you need to get out fast.
· You want to advance your career – you’ve been stuck at the same level for too long or the opportunities in the organisation that were promised have not materialised. You may have been passed over for promotion.
· You’ve been made redundant and you may want to change the sector you have been working in.
· You want to discover what you really want to do. You’ve been doing a job that you dislike; it isn’t what you thought it was going to be, but you don’t know what else to do.
· You’re not sure what is next regarding your career, which route to take or if it is right for you.
· You need help with a new job you’ve just started because you feel a bit out of your depth, or it is taking longer to settle in than you thought.
· Family and friends are no longer listening to you about work issues! You have no one to talk to and it’s getting you down.
Alternatively, if you are struggling to build a highly functioning team or you have a problem with team dynamics and good people are leaving, then please get in touch to see how I can help.
Whatever is making you lack confidence or making you feel you are not achieving what you want in your work life and you feel you want to talk to someone in total confidence, then coaching could help.
You can choose from one to one coaching sessions, online one to one management training packages or our e learning course; Change your job with confidence'.
Coaching is currently only via Zoom at the moment, but face to face will be available according to Government guidelines in the near future.
Each coaching session is 1 hour, frequency will be dependant on you and what you need and there will be contact between meetings to ensure you have sufficient support. We will investigate your goals together and agree a way forward. We might work in a structured way covering subjects such as emotional intelligence, dealing with stress or imposter syndrome. Or we might work in a less structured way, dealing with issues as they arise or become important to you.
The types of things I have helped people with include:
- Being more self-aware and understanding how your behaviour impacts on others and how their behaviour impacts on you.
- Identifying reasons for lacking confidence and working to build that confidence and self-esteem
- Dealing with difficult personal circumstances and finding methods of coping
- Dealing with work-place bullying
- Improving confidence and skills in leadership of a team
- Completing gap analysis between current skills and an ideal job and working on the skills that are missing
- Assistance in job applications, CV’s and interview techniques
- Improving performance as a result of negative feedback from a performance review
All of the people that I am and have worked with have felt so much better and empowered when they have taken back control.
Many organisations are beginning to spend their training budgets on 1:1 coaching, so if your need is work-related, then please contact me and we can discuss the opportunity for me to speak directly to your organisation.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (hons) 2.i
Post Graduate Certificate in Education
2006 Oxford Brookes University - Post Graduate Certificate in Subject Learning Coaching
My experience includes 13 years coaching managers in the work setting, but I quickly found that many work issues are similar to everyday issues, in that confidence is often the underlying factor. A lack of confidence can present itself in many ways and we may not realise this is our underlying issue that is holding us back or stopping us making that important decision.
I am a member of the Association for Coaching and abide by their standards and ethics.
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Gold Package: Monthly benefits include 4 x 1 hour meetings. Additional contact outside meetings via email. Charged at £200 per month.
Silver Package: Monthly benefits include 2 x 1 hour meetings. Additional contact outside meetings via email. Charged at £120 per month.
Bronze Package: One-off sessions via face to face, Skype or telephone, charged at £65 per 1 hour session and follow up email.
1 x 20 minute £10 taster session for those new to coaching.
Free, no obligation initial telephone consultation to see if we could work together.
Management training courses - £199
Change your job with confidence - Currently 50% off and only £99 special introductory offer.