The quickest way to boost your confidence
As a confidence coach I'm often asked "What's the quickest way to boost your confidence?" My reply is straightforward, you need to challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone.
Confidence can be described as:
"Having the belief in yourself and your abilities to allow you to take action without fear of the outcome."
Which means that if you do something that takes you out of your comfort zone or that you don't know what the outcome will be, you give your confidence a great boost.
The measure of success is that you had the belief in yourself to take a risk, rather than what the outcome turns out to be. Remember to congratulate yourself for having that confidence.
So what could that challenge be?
It doesn't have to be anything big. As long as you feel a bit uncomfortable or nervous doing it, or you can't be sure that it will have a successful outcome. For example:
- Go out for the night with friends or colleagues you don't know well.
- Attend an exercise class.
- Go to the cinema on your own.
- Learn a new skill/hobby.
- Speak up for yourself when you're upset or disagree with someone.
- Dress for yourself rather than worrying what others may think.
- Sign up for a course.
- Agree to do a presentation.
Good luck, please share this blog and I'd love to hear what your challenge is.
Find a life coach offering Confidence Coaching
or try our advanced search