32 ways to build your confidence
There are so many things we can do in life to boost our confidence, but when we're feeling low it can be difficult to think of any. So here are 32 of them and do let me know which ones appeal to you.
So here are 32 of my favourite ways and do let me know which ones appeal to you.
- Learning is good for self-esteem and confidence so choose to learn about something you love.
- Identify the things in your life that you're putting up with or tolerating. Make a list of them and then work out how you can get rid of or minimise them.
- Reflect on your successes and achievements, take credit for them and remember how it felt in the moment you got there.
- Work out the things that you value most in your life. These values are the core to understanding yourself and being authentic and will build your confidence.
- Take some exercise; that voice in your head telling you it's too much effort is just a thought and you can ignore it!
- Challenge yourself to do one thing tomorrow that is a step out of your comfort zone, no matter how small. Then celebrate having done it.
- Trust your instincts. They know what they're talking about.
- Accept that not all of your thoughts are true and you don't have to believe them or engage with them.
- Get out of your own head by being curious about the person next to you.
- Honour your wants, needs and opinions by speaking up for them, however scary it feels
Asking for help is a sign of confidence.
- Identify the rules in your personal rule book. They are out of date and are limiting you in life, so rip them up.
- Stop adapting yourself to fit in. instead be authentic and stand out.
- Catch yourself whenever you talk negatively about yourself, even in humour.
- Spend more time with people who make you feel like YOU.
- Moving your body into an open powerful body pose is proven to boost your confidence.
- Admitting you're wrong can feel uncomfortable but it's part of confidence.
- 'What if' worrying is helpful if you can control the situation or if it helps you plan. Otherwise, let it go.
- Make a list of all the things you do when you don't even think about your confidence. You'll be surprised how many they are as confidence is natural.
- When something goes wrong, imagine what you'd say to a friend in the same situation and be compassionate to yourself.
- Try not to turn to that glass of wine, bar of chocolate or spending spree when you feel down. The thoughts and feelings will pass and every time you don't suppress them they're power reduces.
- Be brave enough to show vulnerability in your relationships.
- If you're overthinking a situation, switch off from the drama by refocusing on your five senses and what is happening around you.
- Make sure you're connecting with those closest to you every day, whatever that means
When you feel in flow and time just flies by what are you doing and how can you do more of it?
- Practise self-care for your mind and body.
- Don't struggle against those things in your life you can't control or influence.
- Take responsibility for your actions or lack of them. Being a victim will just keep you stuck.
- Avoid social media if it makes you compare yourself to others or feel 'not good enough'.
- Observe confident people you know. You can learn things from them without copying.
- Write a list of some fabulous things you'd like to do or see in life and take steps towards one or two that appeal most.
- Have fun.
Find a life coach offering Confidence Coaching
or try our advanced search