Getting frustrated with yourself?
You can change! That’s the good news. You just need to be shown how. It’s all about getting the brain retrained or entrained.
Do your thoughts stop you and is your motivation poor?
There are 7 ways to help.
Don’t beat yourself up. It doesn’t support or help you.
Neuroplasticity is the brain's ability to reorganize itself by forming new neural connections throughout life.
Not that long ago, scientists believed the brain could only create new connections during childhood and once we reached adulthood, we would basically be stuck with whatever got wired up there. You know, the good old ‘you can’t learn an old dog new tricks’.
Well, turns out you can. And it’s all about Neuroplasticity.
Our brain continues to create new neurons throughout our lives and the ability to reorganize our wiring is called neuroplasticity. And this has tremendous consequences. It means that, whoever we are, whatever we’ve become, it is never too late to change. We can learn new skills, we can change old habits and create new ones. We can learn, we can grow, we can improve our lives.
Still, even though we all have this capacity, most of us stay stuck in a seamless dead-end street. Habits are hard to break. Change requires too much effort. It’s too painful. And we end up settling for not even second best, but rather some average ranking down there. Our life as it could be remains a distant dream, because we gave up.
Our thoughts are crucial and run our lives as do our beliefs. The two are intrinsically linked.
Help yourself to understand you. Have fun with this. It can be an observational game!
• Before you go to sleep say an affirmation which makes you feel good.
• When you wake up notice your first thoughts. Maybe record them.
• Recall the affirmation and say it again.
• As you shower notice how you are being and send love to yourself and say something positive.
• Are you still being kind to yourself half an hour later?
• Keep in a positive frame of mind and notice if that changes and why.
• Be in charge of your thoughts as you begin your day even if there are challenges at home, on the journey or once at work.
Find a life coach who offers coaching for Stress
All coaches are verified professionals.