Victoria Brookbank (MAC) Wellness Coach & Counsellor for Stress & Wellbeing
Kingston Upon Thames
Hello! I'm Victoria. I'm a wellness coach specialising in work-related stress and resilience and the prevention and recovery of burnout improving your health, energy, motivation and confidence. I work with professional individuals and couples who are experiencing uncomfortable levels of stress and anxiety at work.
I have experienced high levels of stress myself so I know what it can be like. Having been a CEO for a mental health charity and a team leader at a financial consultancy in the City of London for many years. I can personally vouch for the benefits talking about stress and regular mindfulness breathing techniques brought to my daily working life and personal development.
I have a deep understanding of mental health difficulties having worked in the field. We all need extra support and tools from time to time. I am a passionate believer that mindfulness can help you better cope with stress. By talking about your stresses and practicing techniques scientifically proven to lower stress levels you will improve your emotional regulation which will reduce feelings of being overwhelmed in pressurised environments.
To find out more about me or how I work, you are welcome to contact me or visit my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
As an experienced manager and leader in both corporate and third sector settings, I understand the various environments and challenges employees at all levels face. I have extensive experience working with charities, local government and businesses alike specialising in stress management and general wellbeing.
I have been delivering 1-2-1 mindfulness coaching and group corporate training for five years and have a personal practice of thirteen years. I am committed to maintaining my Continued Professional Development by attending regular supervision, further training, keeping up to date with current evidence base for mindfulness-based approaches, ongoing commitment to a personal mindfulness practice and attendance on retreat as recommended by the Good Practice Guidance for Teaching Mindfulness-Based Courses (2010).
Currently based in Kingston-upon-Thames and the London area, my previous posts include Chief Executive of Wellness With A Goal, a Surrey mental health & wellbeing charity and Head of Department at Evercore Partners Europe in the City of London.
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
My Mindfulness Training is from The Mindfulness Exchange (TME), a spinoff from the Oxford University’s, Oxford Mindfulness Centre (OMC). TME are pioneers in scientifically based mindfulness tailored for the workplace.
I trained in psychotherapy at Regent’s University and have had various volunteer roles in this field.
- Workplace Mindfulness Training: The Mindfulness Exchange
- Personal Power in Leadership: Directory of Social Change
- Mindfulness for Stress Certified Training Program with Shamash Alidina (author of Mindfulness for Dummies)
- Psychotherapy & Counselling: Regent's University
- I am validated by the Charted Management Institute (CMI)
- I am a member of the Coaching Association (CA)
- I fulfil the UK Good Practice Guidance for Mindfulness-Based Teachers
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- mindfulness for work related stress
- leadership wellbeing
- workplace wellbeing
- enhanced general wellbeing
- low mood
Photos & videos
Fees vary depending on the location and time of day from £65 to £85 per session.
A six week course is £350 per individual or £550 for couples.
If you are under 25 years of age or on minimum wage please get in touch for a concessionary rate.
- 1-2-1 coaching in your home or at various locations in Kingston and Surbiton. I can also visit you at your place of work in Central London and across Surrey
- I work with individuals and couples and provide specialist mindfulness coaching for senior managers and leaders
- The course I offer is particularly helpful to manage and understand work-related stress. The skills you will learn can then be integrated into your everyday life
- The programme is six weeks, one hour per week and is designed by specialists in corporate learning design
- A course book is included with guided practices
- Follow-ups are an ideal way to overcome any stumbling blocks and re-establish your intention to practice mindfulness
- I will invite you to attend an initial session with me to establish our working relationship and to introduce you to mindfulness. This also enables me to better understand your current needs
Your Work-related Performance:
- Improved cognitive flexibility
- Improved focus and concentration
- Increased ability to manage difficult situations including change
- Improved teamwork and communication skills
- Greater innovation and creativity
- Increased levels of safety
- Greater motivation and confidence
Your Mental Health and General Wellbeing:
- Improved emotional regulation and discernment
- Reduced feelings of being overwhelmed and stressed
- Decreased levels of absenteeism caused by work-related stress
- Reduced levels of anxiety and low mood
- Ability to make wise choices
- Increased resilience with lower levels of burnout
- Improved sleep quality and daytime energy
- Overall improvement to general wellbeing
- Personal development and self awareness
There is a growing body of evidence from leading scientific research institutes across the globe that prove mindfulness techniques help calm the mind, strengthen emotional intelligence and increase self-awareness – resulting in individuals making wiser choices and enhancing their way of living to become healthier, happier, calmer and more compassionate.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Monday - Saturday 9am-8pm