Claire Jones, YourOneLife Lifestyle Coaching
FELLOW - ACCREDITED COUNSELLORS, COACHES, PSYCHOTHERAPIST & HYPNOTHERAPISTS
I'm Claire Jones. At the beginning of 2019 I left my secure full-time employment of 20 years in NHS senior management to take a leap of faith and retrain to follow my passion in life to become a lifestyle coach. I have undergone training in nutrition coaching, financial coaching, general life coaching (incorporating NLP), counselling skills, personal training and gym instruction to make sure I can give you the very best service that I possibly can, so that you get the best results that you possibly can.
In addition to this I have over 20 years of experience of working with people on a one-to-one basis, supporting coaching and developing them. Outside of my NHS career I have a huge amount of knowledge and experience in healthy eating, physical activity, setting and achieving my own goals and helping others set and achieve theirs.
I am also divorced and (happily) remarried, and a parent of two grown up children, (although I spent several years as a single parent when they were young) and have experienced:
- overweight-related health issues,
- yo-yo dieting,
- smoking and not feeling able to stop,
- low self esteem,
- negative body image,
- being a single parent,
- difficulties managing money,
- being in a step-family as a child and a parent,
- serious illness in the family,
- irrational fears,
- addictive behaviours with food and cigarettes.
So I understand at least some of the struggles that we go through, and how they can make us take our eyes off the ball when it comes to looking after ourselves.
I want to share what I have learned and support and empower you to make the most of your life too, according to your needs and goals, whatever they might be.
I offer the following:
- Lifestyle coaching - empowering you to feel healthier and happier about yourself, and can help with things like stopping smoking and healthier eating. Standalone or as part of your overall lifestyle coaching programme.
- Personal Training - No need to set foot in a gym if you don't want to. I can help you get fitter and more active in the environments that suit you best. Standalone or as part of your overall lifestyle coaching programme. Face to face or online.
- Financial Coaching - empowering you to feel more responsible with your money and how you use it daily, so it can help you reach your life goals, not hinder them. Standalone or as part of your overall lifestyle coaching programme.
- Hypnotherapy - starting autumn 2020. Helping you to break habits or deal with phobias that are holding you back from achieving your life goals. Standalone service or part of your lifestyle coaching programme.
Training, qualifications & experience
Life coach and other relevant training and qualifications completed:
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certificate
- Financial Coaching Certificate
- Wellness Coaching Certificate
- Motivational Interviewing Certificate
- Level 2 Gym Instructor Certificate
- Level 3 Specialist Personal Training Diploma including Exercise Referral, Outdoor Fitness, Indoor Group Cycling and Sports Conditioning
- Level 4 Life Coaching Certificate
- Level 2 Counselling Skills Certificate
- Level 5 Management and Leadership Diploma
- Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership Certificate
- BA (Open)
- Level 4 Obesity & Diabetes Management Certificate, due to complete May 2020
- Level 5 Integrated Talking Therapies Diploma, due to complete July 2020
- BSc Psychology with The Open University, due to complete June 2021
Other relevant experience:
NHS senior manager for 18 years, responsibilities included coaching and developing staff. Achieved Chartered Fellow status with the Chartered Management Institute (now lapsed as no longer relevant to role)
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
General lifestyle coaching - eg nutrition, behaviour change around food, smoking, other unwanted habits
Bespoke packages available according to individual needs. See my website for typical costs.
Please contact me for a free, initial no-obligation discussion up to 1 hour, at the end of which we can agree an affordable package that is right for you.