21st September, 20150 Comments
Written by: Shelley Edwards ~ Progress to Success
Confidence has a different meaning for all of us and sometimes we can be brimming with it and other times we feel like it has disappeared altogether.
It is very natural to have confidence dips in different areas of your life.
con·fi·dence – noun
- Full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness or reliability of a person or thing: “We have every confidence in their ability to succeed.”
- Belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self-confidence; self reliance; assurance: “I feel so confident that I can win this race.”
Look at the Wheel of Confidence areas - What are your confidence scores?
One is low and 10 is high.
- Personal growth.
- Social Life.
This helps you to gauge where the low scoring areas are that might need to be focused on first.
How do you know when you or others are confident?
What do you see, hear and feel?
Imagine you had all the confidence you needed:
- What are the benefits of having all the confidence you need?
- What would that look and feel like?
- How would it improve your life?
Negative versus positive thoughts
Write a list of all the negative thoughts you have and then change them to helpful, more empowering ways of thinking.
- "I cant get the next step on the career ladder."
- "I will focus on what I need to do in order to achieve getting the next step on the career ladder."
Five secrets of naturally confident people
- Talk to themselves in a positive self-empowering way.
- Make big, bold, positive images in their mind.
- Body language – Use their body as if they are confident.
- Learn to embrace the full range of their emotions.
- Become a role model and learn from the success of others.
Visualisation is a strong tool!
- Think of a memory when you were feeling confident.
- Notice everything in that memory (what you see, hear and feel).
- Picture it like it is happening now and notice what happens to you (your nervous system is strongly affected by your visualisation).
Knowing that you have a choice in how you perceive and respond to things that happen to you in your life is empowering!
About the author
Shelley Edwards - Progress to Success offers professional Coaching and Training services for individuals and businesses. Vast experience in helping people to help themselves and unlock their full potential.
(Confidence, Self Esteem, Weight Loss, Well Being, Anxiety, Stress, Career, Phobias. Corporate Coach and Trainer and Yoga Teacher.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Rachel Coffey, BA, MA, NLP Mstr- Rachel Coffey CoachingApril 16th, 2018
Most viewed articles
Aim To Be, Life & Business CoachingJuly 19th, 2010