Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
My clients have described my coaching as insightful, empowering and transformational. I work with clients who are considering big transitions in their lives like changing careers or starting a business. I also work with those who have had changes forced upon them like redundancy or separation.
My purpose is to enable my clients to achieve sustainable progress towards a more fulfilling existence. I quickly get to understand the heart of your issue, and have the ability to make the complex appear simple and create clarity when confusion often dominates. I have supported many clients as they have instigated big life transitions, making a seemingly unachievable dream become reality.
I tailor my coaching to your individual needs, but a typical approach could be:
1) Free chemistry call to discuss the process, topics and see how we get on.
2) Session 1
- contracting to create a safe, confidential space – discuss and agree boundaries.
- exploration of your focus area so I can deeply understand your situation.
- we will then create a goal for our coaching sessions and prioritise the focus areas.
3) The rest of the sessions (2 to usually 5) will be about making progress towards your chosen goal. To do this we will run through a number of techniques to empower you, these might include;
- taking a holistic audit of your life now and your ideals
- breaking down any barriers to success
- establishing enablers to encourage progression
- exploring any sense of feeling stuck
- developing new perspectives
- exploring your values, your motivators , your strengths
- understanding and accepting your sense of self
4) After each session reflection will be encouraged and tasks are often issued to promote deeper learning and speed up progress towards the end goal.
5) As an outcome from coaching you are likely to;
- achieve your goal
- have increased resilience
- be more self-aware
- feel empowered and re-energised
- be more accountable
- develop a positive mindset and proactive attitude
- feel more confident
- have re-focused and re-prioritised what is important to you
- be equipped with tools to apply to future situations
I am happy to operate in person when possible but coaching is just as effective when done via phone call or video call (I can offer Zoom, Skype, What’s App, MS Teams, or FaceTime).
Training, qualifications & experience
My coach approach is influenced by person-centred and positive psychology with an existentialist philosophy.
- BSc Psychology degree, Southampton University (1991)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (2000)
- ILM Level 5 in Coaching (2011)
- Masters in Coaching and Mentoring, Oxford Brookes University (2019)
- Mindfulness Diploma (2020)
- NLP Master Practitioner (2020)
Dodwell, T., 2020. Coaching approaches for a lost sense of self – hunt it down or let it be??The Coaching Psychologist,?16.
Dodwell, T., 2020. Coaching needs to Differ Before and After the Transition to Retirement.?International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching & Mentoring,?S14.
FOR CLIENT TESTIMONIALS - see my website www.proficiocoaching.com
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Holistic life planning
- Parental Care decision- making
- Lost sense of self
- Handling uncertainty and ambiguity
- New business development
- Rebuilding life from near-death trauma
Free initial telephone session
Initial half hour chemistry call is completely free, there is no obligation to continue.
Thereafter I offer a competitive hourly rate or we can discuss a set fee for a programme of coaching sessions. Most clients have 5-10 sessions.
When I work
I work around my clients, their time zones and my current work commitments so calls can be arranged from early morning to late evening weekdays or weekends.
Why I started coaching ….
I worked in a fast-paced logistics environment for over 20 years predominantly with leading global technology and mobile brands. Most of my career was at the Unipart Group of Companies where I started as a data input clerk, qualified as an accountant, then worked my way through the ranks and functions, before leaving as an Account Director. Since then I have set up independently as a consultant and a coach.
I have always been interested in the mechanics of the mind, hence an initial degree in Psychology. Then whilst at Unipart I had the opportunity to train as a coach. I found the power and simplicity of coaching inspiring, so decided to cascade what I had learnt to my team of 500. It took 18 months to truly embed a coaching culture, but the results were astounding and award-winning. Having seen the effects and felt the impact, I decided to make coaching my future career so set up as a coach whilst completing an MA in Coaching and Mentoring at Oxford Brookes University.