Hello! My name's Peter and I’m an accredited life, career and creativity coach working online and in person, in London and beyond.
Whether you’re feeling stuck where you are, overwhelmed by work or relationships, or daunted by a new challenge or lack of one, we can work together to navigate a path through it all to make life more manageable in the present, and brighter looking forward.
Ours is a confidential, non-judgemental, collaborative space where you can figure out where you are, where you need to be and how to get there.
I’ll help you connect with what’s really driving you and we’ll get to the bottom of what’s standing in your way. Along the way there’ll be space for reflection and action, as well as clarity and accountability.
My coaching style
My initial coaching training took an integrative approach, which gives me the flexibility to draw on a number of approaches like person-centred, cognitive behavioural and transactional analysis coaching to find a combination that works best for you.
After 25 years working with and around creative people — and having occasional, brief moments of creativity myself — I’ve come to accept that success and lack of success are both difficult in different ways, and that the weird grey area between the two is just as challenging.
Having taken separate, specialist creativity coaching training I can provide compassionate, encouraging, agenda-free and confidential support for creatives at each stage of their artistic journey. I value a collaborative approach that highlights and nurtures your originality, your drive and the spark at the heart of your projects.
We’ll work on identifying, addressing and conquering the unique issues that often face creatives, with your creative growth as the number one priority.
Some coaches will tell you how they were set on their path by a cataclysmic life event. My own journey is a little less dramatic: I started working in music journalism in the late 1990s and from the 2000s onwards found that I was increasingly being asked to work with musicians and creatives behind the scenes, preparing them for life in the spotlight.
This exposure to the real struggles of life in music and beyond, and the hope that I might be able to make a more positive impact on my clients, led me to exploring training in coaching (I trained with Animas Centre for Coaching) and counselling (I’m currently studying a PGDip at the University of East London), through which I’ve worked with a diverse range of clients far beyond the world of music.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Diploma in Transformational Coaching from the Animas Centre for Coaching, an integrative coaching qualification that takes in modalities like person-centred, cognitive behavioural and transactional analysis coaching. The training’s accredited by the International Coaching Federation and the Association for Coaching.
- I'm accredited at Practitioner level by the EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council).
- I’ve also undertaken Creativity Coaching training (CCA) and have a Foundation Certificate in Counselling Skills (WPF Therapy), as well as further training, CPD and short courses in areas like acceptance and commitment therapy, motivational interviewing, perfectionism, trans awareness, mentoring and Mental Health First Aid.
- I’m in the final stages of a PGDip in Integrative Counselling & Coaching at the University of East London, through which I’m also working with low-cost clients in Hackney on clinical placement. The course is accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Inner critic
- Imposter syndrome
- The relentless hellpit of social media
- Creativity and creative challenges
- Life in the music industry
- Working in the media
- Band dynamics for musicians
From £70.00 to £100.00
Free initial online session
Our initial Zoom session is free, and a chance for you to get a feel for how I coach, ask any questions about how it’s all going to work, and get an idea of whether you’d like to move forward.
Ordinarily my fees for private individuals are between £70 and £100 per session. Block bookings are offered at a discounted rate; we can discuss this in our first Zoom. A coaching relationship of two to three months tends to work well but let’s see how we go.
For clients in a tight spot financially I do make some some sessions available each month at a reduced rate — if you reckon you fit the bill let’s have a chat.