I moved back to the wonderful City of Manchester in 2020 and I am proud to call it my home. I work face to face in my home in Chorlton, on Zoom, phone and in person in town at Gotham and the Midland Hotel.
I have been coaching for over 10 years and use a wide range of approaches to help you create the change you want in your life. I draw on my extensive training and knowledge in Pure Coaching, Positive Psychology, Humanistic Psychology, Jungian Archetypes, Neuroscience, Transactional Analysis, Human Givens, Cognitive Hypnotherapy, NLP and the Inside Out understanding (aka the 3 Principles).
My coaching is founded on the following principles:
- You are unique, there truly is no one else who thinks and feels the way you do.
- Your experiences, challenges, traumas, stories, highs and lows, and personal history may have shaped who you are today, but they do not dictate is what is possible for you now and in the future.
- You have access to an infinite source of creativity, resourcefulness and resilience inside of you, which is only ever one thought away.
- The outside world cannot control how you think, act and feel.
- Words like impossible, difficult, scary, stuck, confused, uncertain are all made of thought and are not fundamentally true.
- When our thinking changes, our reality and what becomes possible for us changes.
- The more we fall down, the quicker we learn to get up. There is no failure, only information and feedback.
- Action is where we learn, where the rubber meets the road, where results are created.
- An open mind, a state of curiosity, a growth mindset and a thirst for learning all make for a good life.
- We are all Kings, Queens and Sovereigns in the making. We have control over our own destinies and the shape of our inner and outer kingdoms, we simply need to choose into and not fear our powers.
- Honesty, humility and kindness are the values of true leaders.
- Self-awareness, taking absolute responsibility and truly owning yourself are the master keys to personal transformation and evolution.
WHAT IS IT LIKE WORKING WITH ME?
- I bring presence, connection, wisdom and peace to our conversations, my state of being evoking a sense of calm, quietness and space for clarity of thought
- I create a safe container for you to be listened to like you have never been listened to before.
- I meet you where you are at, I honour your uniqueness, I respect who you are in the fabric of your being.
- I will celebrate you, challenge you, provoke you all in service of bringing out the best in you.
- I will be endlessly fascinated by how you think, act and feel the way you do. I am in your corner, I am on your team.
- I will invite you to step outside of your comfort zone, to be daring, to be bold, to no longer fear your shadows.
- I will be unerring in my belief in you.
- I will bring love, respect, humour, joy, artistry and magic to our coaching relationship.
Thorough pure coaching conversations, visioning, visualisation, journaling and stories our work together will create the foundations for your success.
I invite you into a 45 minute exploratory call to establish what it is you really want to change, what might be holding you back.
And a quote I live by:
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favour all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way. I learned a deep respect for one of Goethe's couplets:
“Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!”
I also run workshops on resilience, wellbeing, team building and peak performance for businesses. When social distancing measures have lifted I will be running workshops in my home in Chorlton.
Working with Laurence has been a fantastic experience for me. He has helped me both for Sports Performance and also for Business development as well as general self improvement. His way of thinking and depth of experience has really helped me focus on being calmer and being far more in control of my environment. I highly recommend Laurence and his coaching.
Peter Armistead, South Manchester's top residential Property Developer
The last 12 months have surfaced challenges in every aspect of my life, from parenthood to business direction, with my values and leadership tested on a moment to moment basis. Laurence has helped me to utilise this experience to deepen my commitment to leadership and to further my search for authentic self . Laurence is helping me to develop the clarity and perspective that facilitate the journey of self mastery - he is an essential partner on the journey to being a better Director, Dad, partner and human being.
John Kenny, CEO of Valeo Management Europe
Laurence's coaching has enabled me to gain a much higherlevel of self-awareness, confidence and resilience. He is veryperceptive, asking the right questions to help you take action.The coaching sessions with him have been extremely insightful and helpful for my professional development.
Maria Rodrigalvarez Trapero
Senior Account Executive, Enterprise at BigCommerce
The results my clients report:
- Greater sense of ease and enjoyment of life
- Greater productivity and impact in the world
- More deep and meaningful relationships
- More ease in handling stress and the ups and downs of life
- More abundance and results in career and business
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a certified coach and qualified Cognitive Hypnotherapist. I've been working with clients for 10 years to help them create meaningful change and achieve results in business, sports, relationships and life.
I have worked in Harley Street London and at the Body Holiday wellness resort in St Lucia as the life coach and therapist.
- Certified Coach (Optimus Training Academy), accredited by the ICF
- Certified Culture Talk Jungian Archetype Personality Profiler
- Certified Clarity Coach (trained by Jamie Smart)
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy (Quest Institute, trained by Trevor Silvester)
- NLP Master Practitioner (trained by Andy Barton)
- Innate Wellbeing Facilitator (rained by Rudi Kennard and Jenny Anderson)
- iHEART Facilitator (trained by Terry Rubenstein and Jon Scott)
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Many of my clients have achieved success in life but are looking for more meaning. As I often say:
"What got you ere, won't get to the next level."
As we get older our priorities begin to change. I help successful people take stock, reassess and make either major or subtle changes that set the foundation for a happy and healthy next phase of life.
Other clients are ambitious, hungry and tomorrow's leaders. I help these clients build a compelling vision aligned to their deepest values and to start taking the massive action required to create impact, success and prosperity.
Here's a taste of the kind of resources I share with my clients:
If you live locally to Chorlton, I would be very happy to conduct some of our sessions walking in the local nature reserve (the Ees), weather permitting of course.