Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Hi I'm Claire, and I help mid and late career changers find the work you love to do and create the life you want, on your terms.
Are you at a transitional point in your career and your current work no longer fits the stage of life you are in.
Are you feeling stuck in your current career but not sure how to take the first step towards something new?
You’ve dabbled with online job searches; you’ve bought the courses and career change books in hope of inspiration. Only to feel more confused and frustrated with a lack of focus and clarity on what you really want.
You know you want something new but you feel lost, unsure about your skillset, what will be fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s realistic and how to balance this with everything else in your life.
How I can help you
Your Career By Design: Career Transition Programme
- This is a 1:1 coaching programme for those committed to taking steps towards building a full picture of who you are and what you want from work and life as a whole
- Over 4-5 months we work through an established framework to take you from feeling lost to clarity, focus and action
- Discover what you really want, what’s important to you and what you really want from your work (not what you think you “should” or “could” do)
- You’ll understand what motivates you and your purpose, get clear on your values, strengths, talents, skills that are transferable and what you need to develop
- Identify your work preferences, we identify your ideal working day, organisation and environment
- I’ll give you the tools to deal with any fears and doubts about your abilities, and help you develop positive, build resilience and increase your self-confidence.
- Build an Ideas Bank: this is a creative and liberating process, involving everything from your previous profession and fully formed ideas you’ve sat with for ages, or the “crazy” ideas that keep coming back and won’t go away
- We’ll explore career possibilities and the options that interest you and you’ll make a plan for how to create it and make it a reality
- Thought provoking exercises and templates to capture your key learnings from the coaching sessions and helps to bring out your creativity and resourcefulness and direct it towards discovering the right next step for your working life
Life coaching for your career
You’ve outgrown your current work environment are ready for a new challenge or perhaps you are experiencing a period of significant change in your personal life which is showing up in your work life. Or you want a sounding board, focus and accountability to help you take action
This is a 1:1 coaching programme to help you create the space to help you think differently and make positive changes to your working life
Over 2-3 months I'll help you
- Reconnect you to your passions, dreams and purpose
- Give you the tools to help you develop positive beliefs, build resilience and increase your self-confidence
- Choose and set boundaries which prioritise you, your energy and happiness
- Stay accountable to take actionable steps towards achieving your goals
- The agenda for each session is yours and we work on the areas in your professional and personal life where you are feeling stuck and want to make progress .
What to do next
I offer a free 30-minute consultation to explore how working together can support your goals and ambitions. It's an opportunity to ask questions, I share more about my coaching approach and to see if we are a good fit. The session is conducted by telephone.
I work with clients anywhere in the world using Zoom/Google Meet video or telephone making it easy to connect wherever you are located.
If you are local, there is an option for in-person coaching sessions and we can discuss this further in the consultation.
Who do I work with?
- Mid-life professionals who’ve had successful careers and now want to make a transition to fulfilling, purposeful work that provides more flexibility and freedom
- Mid-career professionals who feel stuck in their chosen career path and want to grow their career with clear focus and purpose
- Career returners who have taken an extended career break, who don’t want to go back into the same type of career and want to explore new career possibilities
Kind Words From Previous Clients
"I wasn’t sure what to expect and how much help the sessions would be, but I genuinely feel better about myself and about my future as a result. I realise now that I have been forcing myself to follow the wrong career for the wrong reasons and beating myself up when I fell short of my own high standards. The answer was to tap into my inner passions and motivations and listen to what they had to say" - Peter, UK
I felt stuck in my career with no hope of making progress. I put this down to the structure of the organisation I was working for as well the people I directly worked for. Coaching made me realise that no organisation or individual was responsible for my career. Whether I made progress or not came down to me and my mindset. I learnt how to ask myself the right questions at anytime I felt stuck. More importantly I learnt how to deal with my inner critic. At the end of six coaching sessions I had, not only did I make a move in my career but my mindset was also in the right place.
“After working 10 years in the same job, unhappy my sessions with Claire gave me the confidence to leave that job after all this time. Although it was a big decision she helped guide me to that point”.
- Aisling, UK
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Associate Coach (ACC) with the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Firework Licensed Career Coach
- Member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- CTI Professional Co-Active Coach. Coaching training completed with Co-Active Training Institute (CTI)
- Full professional liability insurance
- In addition to my work with clients I have spoken on topics such as resilience, purpose, confidence, and mindset.
- I live in North East London, a lapsed PADI Scuba Diving Instructor and diver, lover of the outdoors, comedy, music and a reluctant lockdown runner.
I coach using the Co-Active integrated model (grounded in the science of positive psychology) which focuses on both who we are (being) and what we do (doing) and the inevitable connection between the two, a sense of wholeness. To experience life as whole, action must be grounded in being, in our sense of connection to a larger wholeness
The International Coach Federation is the professional association for personal and business coaches worldwide.
Coaches can become accredited by the ICF, who have three grades of membership: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Master Certified Coach's have achieved a substantial level of training and experience.
Members of ICF are accountable to a professional code of ethics.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Life Purpose, Goal Setting, Mindset, Personal Development, Confidence, Self-Esteem, Self Belief, Work / Life Balance, Mid-Life
Free initial telephone or online session
I offer a complimentary 30 minute no-obligation coaching conversation via Zoom audio or telephone. It’s an opportunity for you to ask questions about coaching, you’ll get an idea of what it is like coaching with me and to see if we are a good fit.
Why do I offer a free session? Our relationship is the most important element of coaching. My role as your coach is to support and champion you and we work together on designing how we work together. I am good at what I do, but I may not be for you. You also need to be committed and ready to move forward to create the life you really want.
At the end of our conversation, we'll discuss prices and payment options. If you would like to know more about my services and fees, take a look at my website www.clairemackenziecoaching.co.uk
When I work
Week day availability. Please contact me by email or text to arrange an appointment to fit your availability.
What to Expect in Your First Coaching Session
- We start with a Discovery coaching session via Zoom call (this can be video or audio only, depending on your preference). In this session we explore what you want to achieve through coaching, your goals and issues and your desired outcome.
- In subsequent 1-hour coaching sessions via Zoom or Google Meet we will move you forward towards your goals. I'll ask questions and listen carefully to your responses and challenge, champion and highlight your strengths, whilst holding a safe and non-judgemental space for you. I'll help you overcome any limiting beliefs and move you forward towards your goal.
- I may use coaching strategies and tools to help in uncovering values, purpose and to understand what's important to you and will check that you feel comfortable and safe to do this.
- I will be your accountability partner, offering you an inquiry or homework that you can explore in your own time.
- Importantly, our coaching relationship is completely confidential. I will not be telling anyone you are my client and I will not reveal the content of our coaching sessions to anyone. This is sacred. You are free to share whatever you choose from our sessions with anyone.
What is coaching and what can I expect
Coaching is partnership between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximise personal and professional potential.
Coaching is based on trust, confidentiality, speaking the truth and openness. To gain the most from our time together, you will undertake to be motivated and committed to making changes in your career and ready to move forward in your career and create the life you want
What is the next step?
Book a free 30 minute coaching consultation to find out more about career coaching, establish your goals for coaching and understand if we are a good fit
I’ll get back to you within 48 hours to schedule a date and time for the session.
If you decide to move forward, I will ask you to confirm how many sessions and payment terms. I will follow up with a coaching agreement and either a payment link or invoice (depending on your preference)
Once you have agreed to my T&C’s and returned the signed agreement, I will send your onboarding pack alongside a link to book your initial two hour goals session
Away we go!