Wellbeing and Change Coach
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I'm a Wellbeing and Change coach.
I coach because I know first-hand that change is scary, painful and exciting at the same time. There are often lots of barriers, and I know it really helps to have support from someone who is outside of your situation, to listen, encourage and challenge, to share your dreams, and help you make the plans that will create your new life so you become the person you truly want to be.
Is there a little voice inside yourself that's telling you you want to change - but you're habitually dialling it down quieter? Are you avoiding the excitement of adventure because of fear and imposter syndrome? Lack of confidence? Limiting beliefs that tell you you're not good enough for this exiting opportunity?
I can help you turn up the volume so you can hear what your inner voice is telling you. Listening to yourself, and being deeply listened to in coaching, helps people dare to think bigger, be braver, live more adventurously. Not listening to your deepest desires is costly to your self-esteem, your courage, your sense of purpose and will drain your energy.
I can help you move from where you are now to where you want to get to.
I can help you thrive and flourish.
How I coach
Compassion is at the heart of how I coach. I'm supportive and I have loads of empathy to offer. You'll find me friendly and easy to talk to and I won't judge you, I'll offer you unconditional positive regard and acceptance, and I will support you to the hilt. Together we will create a safe space where you can think and feel and voice your wishes, however unsure you feel about them. I will encourage and challenge you to dig deeper and dream bigger, so that you can discover your passion and purpose in life, and plan for how to bring it into being.
We talk, we listen, think, write, stay quiet, and sometimes draw or doodle. We probably laugh and cry a bit in some sessions. We may do exercises, relaxations and breathing techniques, look at sleep hygiene, your digital life, your underpinning values. My range of experience means I can offer what's appropriate each time to help you break through fears and blocks.
And I will help you be aware of what you're learning about yourself, so that you'll take new self-awareness and techniques away with you. This means that the learning and change carries on long after coaching sessions have finished.
Why do I coach?
Because I too have faced life's challenges, including illness, cancer, bereavement, job losses, lost relationships, relocation. I've had to re-invent myself, to put in the work to uncover my deepest desires, and then take courage to do something different. Coaching helped me discover a new path for myself. I realised that I had been coaching informally for years, so I decided to train as a coach myself. seeing my clients grow into their ambitions, bring about change, grasp their new lives - this is the most exciting, rewarding, privileged and varied role I have ever had.
Who I coach
- People who who feel stuck and aren't sure why. They've read the self- help blogs and they know that approach hasn't worked, and now they need support from a skilled and qualified professional.
- People who know they want to change and want to do it fast, with support.
- People who say life has become dull – that niggling feeling that there must be more to life than this - but you're not finding it on your own.
- People who want to change job or career. You've applied for lots of jobs and been turned down, you're bored in your current role. You'd love to learn to do a powerful application and then wow an interview panel so they offer you that new exciting job role.
- People who've had illness, surgery or cancer treatment in their lives and now the old life doesn't fit. You want to find your new normal, your new best self.
- Cancer patients who need support in the workplace to help them navigate and communicate with management to obtain adjustments to make work sustainable after treatment.
- People who are burnt out and long to learn how to relax and revitalise, to change the balance of their lives.
- People with Fatigue who want to feel better, sleep better, have more balance with the energy they have on any given day.
My coaching ethos
I think of myself as walking alongside you on your change-journey.
I hold professional and personal values of Empathy, Professionalism, Integrity and Support.
I work to the code of ethics of the Association for Coaching and have a confidentiality policy, safeguarding procedure, date protection protocol. I use reflective practice to support my work, and undertake regular supervision and ongoing learning through CPD.
I called my business Colourful Path Coaching because each person is different and has their own unique path to follow. I hope that path will become more colourful and exciting as a result of engaging in coaching with me.
Please contact me and we can book in a free, initial chat so that I can answer your questions and check we're a good fit.
Seeking help is a courageous thing to do - give it a try!
Training, qualifications & experience
- University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education Certificate in Coaching
- Solution Focussed Coaching with Project 5
- Wellbeing Consultant with Penny Brohn UK (Cancer Care)
- Breast Cancer Now Moving Forward Facilitator and working with women with secondary breast cancer
- Macmillan Hope Facilitator training
- Starting and running successful small businesses - B&B, catering, journalism
- Advisor with Salford Council and Citizens Advice, Advocacy helplines.
- 25 years working in charity sector Health and Social Care sector, supporting people with illness, finances, family issues, access to education - and much more.
Association for Coaching (AC)
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- chronic fatigue
- long term illness
- living with illness
- workplace support
- cancer in the workplace
- reasonable adjustments support
- breathing techniques
£80.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
£80 per hour for coaching privately funded individuals.
Please enquire for fees if you're a business funder/employer.
When I work
My calendar varies week by week. I try to work flexibly to suit clients with different life/work patterns or working shifts.
I offer an initial 30 minute enquiry session free of charge to all client.