Personal development action plan
The New Year is here and represents the perfect time for you to overhaul your life and endeavour to be the best version of yourself that you can be. A life coach is the best person to help you do this, but not everyone is ready to take this step.
If you’re not quite ready to employ a life coach, I’ve come up with a six-step development plan that you can do on your own, in the comfort of your own home. This program is easy to do and will deliver you real results.
You will need a pen, notebook and your dedication and away you go!
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
6 step personal development plan
As a life coach, I’m all about being positive. Very rarely do I concentrate on the negative, but for this exercise I need you to. Please list in your notebook all the things in your life that you’re unhappy about. List everything. For example:
- I’m overweight.
- I hate my job.
- I’m lonely.
Now pick one of the items you’ve listed above to work on. Only one. Take the one item and turn it into a positive goal. For example, using the list above:
- I would like to lose weight.
- I would like a new job.
- I would like a girlfriend.
Now I would like you to make this goal tangible. By this, I mean specific. Using the examples above again, make your goal specific:
- I would like to lose weight – I would like to lose one stone.
- I would like a new job – I would like a job in IT sales.
- I would like a girlfriend – I will start dating.
Now you’ve made your goal specific, I would like you to allocate a date as to when you would like to achieve the goal by. For example:
- I would like to lose weight – I would like to lose one stone by March 2019.
- I would like a new job – I would like a job in IT sales by June 2019.
- I would like a girlfriend – I will start dating by April 2019.
The next step is the take your goal and break it down into baby steps. So, for example:
I would like to lose weight – I would like to lose one stone by March 2019.
The baby steps could be:
- I will find 30 different healthy recipes.
- I will eat only using my healthy recipes.
- I will buy a fitness watch.
- I will ensure I walk at least 5,000 steps every day.
- I will hire a personal trainer and see them once a week.
- I will do four HIIT workouts at home per week, additional to the above.
You may wish to add a date to complete each by. For example:
- I will find 30 different healthy recipes by mid-January 2019.
- I will eat only using my healthy recipes by 31st January 2019.
- I will buy a fitness watch by the end of the first week of January 2019.
Step six is the simplest and most effective of all the steps yet for some the hardest. It’s starting. There are various methods a life coach will use to get you started and keep you motivated, but if you’re doing it yourself at home you will need to start and motivate yourself.
The best way to do this? Begin.
Start step one right now and keep on going. It’s as simple as that.
I hope you found this useful, I’ve tried to simplify the goal achieving process as much as possible to enable you to do this easily at home without the help of a life coach.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Gemma McCrae
Gemma is a life coach, business coach and podcaster.
Gemma’s coaching company Prosperity Kitchen Coaching houses both life coaching and business coaching and she operates internationally.
Podcast: Prosperity Kitchen Podcast
Instagram: @Prosperity Kitchen
Twitter - @PKLCoaching
FaceBook - @ProsperityKitchen… Read more
Located in Newbury and London.
Can also offer telephone / online appointments.
To book an appointment, please get in contact: