Neil Dew-Gosling - Business Coach
I help people who have a passion for their business, are great at what they do ... and know they need some help to take things forward. Is that you?
With over thirty years of accountancy and finance experience, I offer supportive, flexible coaching to help you overcome the challenges that are holding both you and your business back. At the same time I recognise we are all human and it's not all about the business, it's equally about you.
Who are you?
- You're an SME business owner or director.
- You know you need to involve someone with financial and commercial experience.
- You want a supportive critical friend you can trust to bring a fresh perspective and bounce ideas off.
- You need someone you can share your most sensitive decisions with in total confidence.
What will we do together?
- We'll establish what you want from our coaching relationship.
- We'll focus on your business challenges while recognising it's also about you as an individual.
- We'll work collaboratively to find the best solution to your business roadblocks.
- We'll supportively challenge each other's ideas and assumptions.
- We'll work through your challenges and learn from your successes.
- We'll have regular follow up meetings to review your progress and keep you on track.
Why choose me?
- I have a wide range of experience to draw on to help you and your business: I've been employed, self-employed and a director. I've worked with growing businesses, struggling businesses and all manner of different personality types.
- My finance career has involved setting strategy, increasing profits, growing sales and working with small and medium businesses.
- I have the experience to help you find the reality of your situation and to help you identify effective solutions.
- I work flexibly to suit your needs: our sessions will typically be held on video calls to help keep your costs and travel time down.
- I have a relaxed yet focused coaching style that puts a human face on finance, asking challenging questions but never forgetting this is your business and your life.
Who am I?
- A flexible business coach who has multiple clients ranging from a couple of hours to a couple of days each month.
- An FD of a technology company that is trying to change the world
- A governor of an FE college dedicated to creating opportunity and changing lives.
- An avid music fan, a guitar playing songwriter and a very average badminton player ... and someone who loves helping people.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Training and Qualifications
Coaching - Member of Association of Coaching, ICS Management Futures and NLP
Qualified Accountant – FCCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
Change Management - APM Change Management behaviour, PRINCE2, Agile and Managing Successful Programmes.
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
I start with a free 90 minutes video meeting. Rather than describing what I do, we choose a challenge you or your business has and have a coaching session to see what progress we can make. Coaching is a little like magic…it’s far better to experience it than explain it. This also lets us both see how well we work together and how successful we can be.
We can then discuss fees going forward and how often you feel we need to meet.
“Neil is a fantastic business executive coach. Through his listening, emotional intelligence and honesty in assessment, he has provided me with outstanding support through some challenging situations”
Ms JD - Director
" Neil provides clarity and commercial wisdom to my maelstrom of business ideas. He's genuinely curious and supportive about what I want to achieve and our conversations feel like we're figuring out solutions together. I'm hugely grateful to be able to tap into his vast commercial experience."
Mr JW - Web Designer and Developer
"Neil's coaching style is challenging in a really positive and constructive way and helps me question and understand my own business and how best to move forward.
He is engaging and honest and I am hugely impressed with the progress that our sessions have helped me make with my business."
Mrs LC - Small business owner