I'm an experienced business coach helping people who have a passion for their business, are great at what they do and know they need some help to take things forward. Is that you?
I'm both a qualified accountant and a coach and bring these two skills together for my business coaching. I see helping the person is just as important as helping the business. I've been a director, employed and self employed so I recognise the complexities, and also the excitement, in taking the leap from employment to self employment or the challenges of making the right decisions to grow a business and keep it moving in the right direction.
I've coached clients through the various challenges of growing a business and understand the real life obstacles of running a business, both emotionally and financially. After all, we are all human, it's not just about the business - it is equally about you.
Please call me on 07872 307516 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to see how I can help you.
Who are you?
- You're running a business or starting one up.
- You want a supportive critical friend, with lots of business experience, that you can trust to bring a fresh perspective and bounce ideas off.
- You need someone you can share your most sensitive decisions with in total confidence.
What will we do together?
- We'll establish what you want from our coaching relationship.
- We'll focus on your business challenges while recognising it's also about you as an individual.
- We'll work collaboratively to find the best solution to your roadblocks.
- We'll supportively challenge each other's ideas and assumptions.
- We'll have regular follow up meetings to review your progress and keep you on track.
Why choose me?
- I have a wide range of experience to draw on to help you and your business: I've been employed, self-employed and a director. I've worked with growing businesses, struggling businesses and all manner of different personality types.
- My finance career has involved setting strategy, increasing profits, growing sales and working with small and medium businesses.
- I have the experience to help you find the reality of your situation and to help you identify effective solutions.
- I work flexibly to suit your needs: our sessions will typically be held on video calls to help keep your costs and travel time down.
- I have a relaxed yet focused coaching style that puts a human face on finance, asking challenging questions but never forgetting this is your business and your life.
- I am an avid music fan, a guitar playing songwriter and a very average badminton player ... and someone who loves helping people.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Training and Qualifications
Coaching - Member of Association of Coaching, ICS Management Futures and NLP
Qualified Accountant – FCCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
Change Management - APM Change Management behaviour, PRINCE2, Agile and Managing Successful Programmes.
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Let's get on a 15 minute phone call to see if we could be a good fit. It's good to talk!
If we both think that we would be a good fit, rather than describing what I do, we will then set up a free 90 minute coaching session on video to work through a challenge either you or your business has to see how well we work together and how successful we can be.
We can then discuss fees going forward and how often you feel we need to meet.
"I highly recommend Neil as a personal and business coach. He has helped me gain insight into my own personal hindrances towards obtaining success. His way of analysing the problems and guiding you towards finding your own solutions is unique and masterful. I wouldn't think twice in enlisting his expertise."
Heinz Hiller, CEO, Hillerbrau Brewery
“Neil is a fantastic business executive coach. Through his listening, emotional intelligence and honesty in assessment, he has provided me with outstanding support through some challenging situations”
Ms JD - Director
" Neil provides clarity and commercial wisdom to my maelstrom of business ideas. He's genuinely curious and supportive about what I want to achieve and our conversations feel like we're figuring out solutions together. I'm hugely grateful to be able to tap into his vast commercial experience."
Mr JW - Web Designer and Developer
"Neil's coaching style is challenging in a really positive and constructive way and helps me question and understand my own business and how best to move forward.
He is engaging and honest and I am hugely impressed with the progress that our sessions have helped me make with my business."
Mrs LC - Small business owner