Hello! I am Michael and I work as a Transformational Life & Executive Coach.
It is a cliché I know but we are living in uncertain, challenging times at the moment and the prospect of that changing is not going away any time soon.
Sounds like I am scare mongering a little doesn’t it? I am not really – just acknowledging reality.
It also depends on how you look at it. Is the pandemic situation today presenting you with a problem or an opportunity – or both?
There is no wrong answer. The problem we often have here is figuring out what to do and how to go about it on our own.
This is where I come in.
If you are experiencing a challenge or want to achieve a specific ambition or make positive changes, then I can help you join the dots between what you are thinking, doing, feeling and what it is you are really looking for in your life.
We can then collaborate closely on a realistic plan of how to go about achieving what it is you want or need and then work towards fulfilling it. You are in control but won’t be on your own. I can be with you every step of the way.
From feeling stuck to not knowing what's missing, from career challenges to starting a business, from confidence to self-esteem, from a change in direction to simply needing clarity, we can work on whatever it is that you want to do or what might be getting in the way.
I have a flexible coaching style by drawing on a range of coaching techniques and so work both as a Life Coach and a Business/Executive Coach.
My background is in Marketing, Financial Services and Retail. I have held various positions from Administrator to Director in both Corporates and Small to Medium businesses. I founded my own Marketing Consultancy in 2014 and started a Life Coaching practice in 2018. I run both businesses side by side.
I live on Oxfordshire, have a family, a dog, work hard and just try to enjoy life.
What is different about me?
My coaching style reflects how I was when in the workplace. Over 20+ years, it was always my responsibility to help others and get the best out of the people around me. I did this using a combination of enthusiasm, great communication, staying down to earth and identifying what really motivated people to do a great job, often without really thinking about it.
As such, my coaching sessions are collaborative, sociable, carry momentum and are conducted with purpose and injections of enthusiasm and vitality. So whilst the subject matter can be challenging and sometimes sensitive, I look to make the coaching journey for my clients an enjoyable process so that they walk away feeling enthused, motivated and ready to make those all important changes!
If you haven’t worked in Marketing, Financial Services Retail or have a professional career it doesn’t matter. I love coaching and meeting different people from different backgrounds in different places. I have coached all sorts of people from Artists in London to Lifestyle experts in Chile, from part-time Property Owners in Portsmouth to Creative Designers in Iran.
Typical Areas I work with are:
- Changing habits and developing new behaviours
- Motivation and commitment
- Exposing and breaking down limiting beliefs
- Personal development
- Improving self-awareness and taking responsibility
- Identifying and maximising potential
- Feeling like something is missing, but not sure what it is
- Self-confidence and Self-esteem
- Work/Life balance, more freedom
- Business and Leadership challenges
- Creating and implementing a Vision and Strategy
- Career development
- Career changes
- Starting or developing a business
- Marketing your business
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Diploma in Transformational Coaching
- Accredited Certificate in Group Coaching
- Accredited Certificate in Corporate Coaching
- Certificate in Coaching and Developing Others - Learning World Partnership
Certificate in Digital Marketing & Social Media – Chartered Institute of Marketing
Post Graduate Diploma in Management – De Montfort University
- BSc in Business and Management – Buckinghamshire New University
Areas of coaching I deal with
£100.00 per session
Free initial online session
Coaching starts at £100 for a 1 hour session and £150 for 90 minutes.
This includes my preparation time, a professionally written summary of the key points and actions discussed from the session and interim support between sessions.
If finances are a concern, don't worry. Please get in touch as there are occasionally a number of discounted places available to work with me.
My approach to coaching is very much person-centred. So the focus is very much on you as an individual. No two clients are the same, even if they share a similar background, upbringing and similar problems or challenges. You are unique and I work with you on the basis.
As such, I do not offer standard techniques to fix problems or provide you with tools, routines or exercises to take away and work on.
True coaching is empathetic, non-judgemental and non-advisory. The trick is to help you figure out what works for you in order to move forward.
This works in two ways:
1) I ask you questions (from an outside and independent perspective) that make you think deep about what is going on, how it affects you and what action you may want to take
2) I may share information which you may find of benefit (sometimes "you don't know what you don't know"). But this is very much a natural process. If you find things useful that's great. If not, that is also fine. Ruling things out as well as in is all important.
Ultimately you decide what feels right for you.