I help professionals find solutions to workplace challenges so their career can thrive.
- I can help you remove blocks to allow your career to really move forward
- I can help you regain motivation, enthusiasm and drive for your role.
- I can help build and/or rebuild your confidence at work.
- I can support you to stretch yourself to gain the fulfilment and satisfaction you desire.
- If you're in or out of work and searching for a more fulfilling role, I can help you see new possibilities.
If you're struggling at work or you simply want to do more and do better, I’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch for a free, in-depth discussion to explore how we might work together.
'Julie’s novel and dedicated approach is refreshing and extremely effective. In just a few short sessions, she enabled my team to understand that there are different ways of doing things and broken down the defensive barriers to change. They have been convinced of the need for a transformative approach, and are leading themselves on this journey. Julie’s intervention was not a means to an end by itself, but has undoubtedly allowed us to begin something very exciting.' (Senior University Leader, London)
'Julie coached me through a key transitional stage in my life. After making a decision to leave a career that I'd been doing for 21 years and enter a new field of work, I found myself slightly 'out at sea'. Julie helped me untangle the emotional and practical uncertainties around the transition and help me emerge on the 'other side' feeling stronger and more positive about the future.' (Screenwriter, London)
'We have used Julie as a coach for some of the students in our multi-cultural residential community for the past 3 years. Offering coaching has proved hugely beneficial to them both personally and in preparation for their professional lives, as well as the roles they occupy in their residence. Students report leaving the sessions with an improved “sense of direction” and feeling that “problems become less tangled”, or with “a better understanding of yourself ” Students praise Julie’s patience, good listening skills and ability to ask the right questions. If funds were available, we would happily extend the offer to more students and would strongly recommend Julie to other settings.' (Dr Sharon Bolton, Dean of Student Life, International Students' House, London)
Julie gave me practical, concrete strategies for dealing with situations and tasks I found difficult. It’s been a hugely valuable experience, and has changed the way I work, to the benefit of others as well as myself. (Senior Administrator, LSE)
'She is brilliant, a very good listener and a patient person. She asks you simple questions that lead you to find your own answers and a sense of direction. She helped me to focus on the points of strength in my character, and I am much more motivated to achieve my goals and I feel less stress regarding my PhD study, more focus on what I have.' (3rd year PhD student, Birkbeck, University of London)
Please see the Your+Space website for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
Coaching qualifications (Animas Centre for Coaching)
- Diploma in transformational coaching
- Certificate in somatic coaching
- Certificate in group coaching and facilitation
- Certificate in existential coaching
- MA consulting and leading in organisations: psychodynamic and systemic approaches (Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust / University of East London)
- MA in advanced Japanese studies (University of Sheffield)
- MA (Hons) Modern History (University of Glasgow)
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
I also coach university students 1-1 and in groups.
Mon - Thursday early morning or evenings
Fridays - all day
I live in St Leonards on Sea next to Hastings. All sessions are currently online. When not in lockdown and in good weather I also offer coaching while walking along the coast.
I love working with both individuals and groups.