I’ve been a teacher, a trainer, an adviser, a manager, a leader, a consultant and a coach. I’ve also been studying most of my life and coaching brings it all together. As a coach I love drawing on my experience while being completely in the moment: listening, questioning, reflecting, making connections and, at times, challenging.
· If you are feeling stuck, I can help you find a way out of the loop.
· If you are facing a challenge in your life, I can help you find a fresh approach to it.
· If you have a goal that you can’t reach, I can help you overcome the barriers that have been holding you back.
· If you are struggling with a decision, I can help you work out your options to help you make it.
· If you are seeking a change but you can’t quite work out where to start, I can help you get on your journey.
I draw on a range of practical and theoretical frameworks and I have participated in deep, experiential group work which means I think about the group and your context when I work with you. But most of all, the basis of all my coaching is in the relationship with you, the client.
If you think I could help, I’d love to hear from you.
'She is brilliant, a very good listener and a patient person. She asks you simple questions that lead you to find your own answers and a sense of direction. She helped me to focus on the points of strength in my character, and I am much more motivated to achieve my goals and I feel less stress regarding my PhD study, more focus on what I have.' (3rd year PhD student, Birkbeck, University of London)
'Before the session I was nervous about my future, but I feel so much calmer and I am looking forward to whatever happens next!' (participant in coaching workshop)
Julie gave me practical, concrete strategies for dealing with situations and tasks I found difficult. It’s been a hugely valuable experience, and has changed the way I work, to the benefit of others as well as myself. (Senior Administrator, LSE)
Please see the Your+Space website for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
Coaching qualifications (Animas Centre for Coaching)
- Diploma in transformational coaching
- Certificate in somatic coaching
- Certificate in group coaching and facilitation
- Certificate in existential coaching
- MA consulting and leading in organisations: psychodynamic and systemic approaches (Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust / University of East London)
- MA in advanced Japanese studies (University of Sheffield)
- MA (Hons) modern history (University of Glasgow)
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Workplace relationships
- Work conflicts
- Work challenges - eg attending/speaking at meetings, team working, managing staff
- Giving presentations and public speaking
Please contact me directly for fees.
I live in St Leonards on Sea next to Hastings. In good weather I can offer coaching while walking along the coast. This can occasionally be arranged at weekends. I also offer coaching in London where I work during the week. I use lovely rooms in Islington or we can arrange to meet at a place near you.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
evenings in London (Mon - Thurs), daytime Fridays (in St Leonards or via skype)