Chris Cooper - Life and Career Coach
My name is Chris Cooper. I’m a Life Coach and Career Coach. I help people work out what they want from their life, career or business. Through life coaching and career coaching, I support them to achieve the positive outcomes they are looking for.
Ultimately, it's about becoming the best version of yourself, reaching your potential and becoming the person you want to be - with a career you love and feel passionate about.
As your coach, I will help you become more focused and self-aware and set the right goals to get you to where you want to be.
Here are some of the areas that I typically work with people on:
Career Transition, Executive Coaching and Professional Development
- Exploring values and wider life goals to find the right career
- Working out what you want to do next in your career and putting in place a strategy to achieve it
- Overcoming procrastination, lack of motivation and work related stress
- Managing conflict and your emotions to be more effective and resilient at work
- Improving confidence and personal skills to enhance career development e.g. interviews, presentation skills, time management, leadership
- Resolving conflict and developing and improving relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Breaking free from the corporate world to set up your own business
Designing Your Life
- Identifying your life purpose – what you really want to do with your life.
- Working out what makes you feel happy and fulfilled – with a strategy to achieve it.
- Using your time better so you can do all the things you want to.
- Establishing productive and resourceful morning and evening routines to be more productive and do more every day.
- Beating procrastination and establishing positive, consistent habits.
- Understanding yourself better and what you want from life in order to be happy.
- Working out your values and understanding how they affect your life choices.
- Living mindfully to enjoy your life every day.
- Confidence building: overcoming limiting beliefs that have held you back from achieving the things you want to do.
- Identifying and appreciating your strengths: and how to use them to achieve your potential.
Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
- Developing your business to achieve defined life and career goals
- Overcoming procrastination and ‘freelancer blues’ and increasing your personal productivity
- Managing your wellbeing to stay focused and motivated for success
- Targeted marketing, online and social media strategy to grow your business
- Developing better relationships with all the people in your life - personal and professional
- Being more assertive and confidence building for difficult decisions.
- Having the confidence to find a new relationship – and one that is good for you.
- Resourceful habits for dating enjoying dating again.
Find out more about career coaching services here.
Find out more about life coaching services here.
I work with people as both a life coach and a career coach. Often people will start working with my on career goals and our work will then move on to other areas of life they want to develop. This is an approach I encourage as life and career goals are inextricably linked, so they should always be in harmony or you will feel conflicted and pulled in different directions.
Why I became a Coach
I have been through three major career changes working in a variety of roles in four very different industries on my way to becoming a coach and setting up my own business. It is my own personal journey navigating the jobs market, developing new skills and overcoming many challenges that inspired me to become a coach, so I can help other people do the same.
I’ve worked in the corporate world and as a senior manager for a small business, so I understand what it’s like working in a variety of business environments. From retail to leisure and tourism to property to sport and to health. In the office, on the shop floor, on a building site and even on an aeroplane.
Eventually I worked out the life I wanted to create and developed my career around this. I’m happy and have a fantastic work-life balance where all areas are co-exist in harmony.
Whatever your own career goals are, I can help you do the same.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a coach and business consultant, I have helped professionals in fields such as law, HR, finance, healthcare and the creative industries, in addition to small business owners, sports people and post-grad students.
I completed my formal training as a Personal Performance Coach and NLP Practitioner with The Coaching Academy in the UK, which is the world’s leading coach training provider. In addition, I’m a member of ANLP (the Association for Neuro-Linguistic Programming). I also have a degree in marketing from one of the UK’s leading business and management schools and a master’s in real estate development and investment.
Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching - The Coaching Academy
Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner Diploma - The Coaching Academy
Other Higher Education
MSc Real Estate Development and Investment - University of Greenwich
BSc (Hons) Management and Marketing - University of Manchester
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
I also specialise in working with gay men, lesbians and other members of the LGBT+ community.
In addition, I’m an athletics coach, so I can also draw up training schedules and offer nutritional advice to clients who are working towards sporting or fitness goals. In this capacity, I’ve helped many runners, from novices to experienced marathon runners, achieve hundreds of personal best performances.
Photos & videos
To access my calendar and book a free, 30-minute telephone consultation, please click here
I tailor bespoke coaching programmes are around your work and life commitments to make the best use of our time together. Every individual I work with has different outcomes they want to achieve, so I plan sessions accordingly, normally across 6 or 12 sessions.
There is normally 2-3 weeks in between each sessions.
I can also tailor more immersive coaching packages with greater levels of support.
Following this initial call, I will be able to recommend a package that is right for you.
I offer one-to-one coaching sessions by phone or video call (e.g. Skype or Zoom).
Online coaching also makes it easy to fit sessions in around your other life commitments and also means you can be coached wherever is most convenient for you – at home, your office or while you’re away.
Coaching online also means I work with clients from around the world, covering many time zones. This takes away the location barrier in finding the right coach for you.
Coaching programmes are designed around your work and life commitments to make the best use of our time together.
Face to face: depending on your requirements, I may also be able to offer face to face coaching in the workplace for clients in Manchester and surrounding areas.
Here are a few examples of testimonials I have received from clients:
‘The coaching sessions I had with Chris were extremely useful. We worked on identifying my long term goals and then individual goals along the way that would lead me to a place of personal stability. I now feel a lot more confident in myself and my abilities.
'My approach to career progression has changed where I now identify the goal first and then think about what steps I need to make to get there.’ Phil Adams, HR and Systems Manager
‘Chris is a natural life coach; his ability to ease a client into the coaching mind frame is second to none. I now feel a sense of clarity, more organised, a sense of exhilaration and freedom to fulfil my potential. I am a transformed man.
‘I leave Chris feeling motivated, proactive, more accountable and self-aware. If I had one word to describe the man, it would be “inspirational”.’ Arnold Chiy, Trauma Risk Manager
‘I engaged Chris’s professional life coach services in 2016. I had experienced life coaching before but found Chris’s approach to be the most effective. He tailors his tools and methods to the individual rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach. His guidance and encouragement had a hugely positive impact on shaping my professional way forward.
‘Chris can help you get there!’ Caroline Thompson, Workforce Management Consultant
'Chris shows great energy and his obvious enthusiasm makes you feel encouraged and excited. He's compassionate, friendly, supportive and welcoming. Your needs are at the forefront of his mind. Chris can make you feel at ease very quickly. He has a great way of helping you find out the answers yourself from within and challenging you to exciting new goals. I would really recommend him as a coach.' Gareth Brewerton, Solicitor
'I cannot rate Chris highly enough for the help that he has given me in many areas of my life. I went to see Chris for help with my anxiety problems. I was expecting to gain some useful techniques to help me during stressful situations. What I didn’t expect was the total transformation that occurred in me after just six sessions. Chris was able to identify my trigger points, and work on these using NLP.'
'I have tried many therapies and have seen numerous practitioners in the past, but I can honestly say that none have come close to the experience and results that I have obtained while working with Chris.' Jon Bates, HR Professional
- Click on the above icon to follow me on Instagram.
TAKE ACTION NOW. BOOK A FREE 30 MINUTE TELEPHONE CONSULTATION AND DISCOVER HOW I CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
My working days are Monday to Friday, with limited availability also on Saturdays. As I work online with clients from around the world my working hours vary. Contact me for more information.