Five steps to get you into the Xmas spirit (alcohol-free steps that is)
You’ve likely already had your first Christmas do last week and even though frost is now here, you can’t believe the season to be jolly has arrived.
Personally, this is exactly where I am. Besides being far from ready for Christmas, I really don’t have a clue what happened to 2017 - I feel we were just getting started. "Getting started with what?" I hear you ask. I don’t know, but it feels like time has been speeding up without me realising.
So, how can we get ourselves into the Christmas mode that others might already been enjoying (without instantly drowning our sorrows in mulled wine)?
Let’s try to stop and pause for 20 minutes or so, and think back to 365 days ago. Start thinking about where you were at different times this year.
1. Grab a piece of paper, create a time line and write down at least five significant events from the past year. It doesn’t have to be anything big - just moments that have a meaning, good or bad - like finding a new job, a break up, a holiday, building that Ikea pack - you name it.
2. For each event answer the following questions: what was important about this moment in 2017? What have you learned? What are you proud of? Who do you want to thank?
3. Step back and breathe, look at your timeline and note down what you want more of, or want to leave behind, before you emerge into the season.
The following steps are the most important to get you really in the right Christmas spirit:
4. Now turn on some Christmas tunes: Wham, Mariah, Lennon - anything that floats your boat - and start thinking about what gift you'd like to give yourself to celebrate the fact that you survived another 365 days.
5. So, let’s just embrace it, as like all the other days, this season might move so quickly that we could actually miss it and we’ll end up having the same conversation again in 2018.
Happy holidays everyone!
About the author
Audrey Cairo is a 'professional people's person' aka a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, helping clients to rebuild their confidence, find clarity, motivation and unleash their full potential.
* Life Coaching
* Career Coaching (Incl. Firework)
* Business Coaching
* Moving with Depression & Anxiety
* Confidence building
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Nick Thorpe - Life Coach & AuthorMarch 10th, 2018
Louise CreswickMarch 8th, 2018
Anita Sawyer Vasan Transformational Life CoachMarch 9th, 2018
Most viewed articles
Aim To Be, Life & Business CoachingJuly 19th, 2010
Jo Painter AC, Dip LC, NLP Prac, MRPharmSJuly 12th, 2015
Roksana Anning - Career, Interview, Confidence, Motivation, Redundancy coachingMarch 17th, 2015