What could be the outcomes from life coaching?
'Outcomes' is a jargonistic word we use in professional service settings and it probably doesn't mean much to our clients! Yet we do use it in marketing especially, but perhaps even in the coaching process - "what outcome are you looking for?".
So what does that mean for you as a coachee?
It means the impact of the step by step coaching meetings you have regularly, the learning you take from it and the changes that occur for you - moving you forward to your 'goal' * - feelings, thoughts, relief, happiness, contentment, energy, understanding, choice and opportunities that you aimed to get and achieved. Achievement is an outcome, as is happiness, contentment, financial security, the holiday or a lifetime or a fulfilling, busy and fun retirement!
* What is a goal anyway?! Well, that is the thing you want at the end - the outcome - the feeling, behaviour, environment, business, career or job, relationship or lifestyle you dreamed of once - that is now yours even though you never really thought you could! Or did you, otherwise you wouldn't have taken the step to have coach support to get you there!
It changes you because you gain new perspectives - how to see things differently, new options you didn’t think you had or feeling so much happier and healthier that you have in a while!
Anxiety, frustration, discomfort or confusion - the uncertainty that comes with not being where you will feel comfortable, at ease and excited every day! Maybe emotionally painful thoughts and feelings can leave you feeling drained and exhausted, so you need to make changes! Perhaps you have to change things to shake up your life, make room for better things to come in and to be who you know you can be!
If this seems familiar and how you have been feeling, the outcome you might want is to feel released, lighter and happier, calmer and driving forward your life and career! Moving steadily towards a vision in your mind, a feeling in your heart and emotions that will no longer be ignored!
Outcomes from going through coaching will be:
- A clear objective to aim for and work towards.
- Feeling better - relaxed, in 'flow, heading in the right direction.
- Feeling excited, lighter, happier, satisfied - things you never felt before or at least lately!
- Gaining knowledge and information to make informed choices and effective decisions that benefit you.
The changes that take place inside of you - thoughts in your head, different emotions or new feelings to replace discomfort and agitation bodily and a fulfilment of needs, satisfaction and fullness maybe of your 'soul' or spirit!
Outcomes are the positive changes that have taken place for you as coachee in the coaching relationship, supported and guided, kept on track towards clearer aims you want to work towards!
Find the right business or life coach for you
All therapists are verified professionals.