All of my work is centred around helping people to change aspects of their lives that they are not satisfied with. As a trained Psychologist, I can help you to make sense of the difficulties you are facing and explore your responses to such situations. I do this in a supportive way, with a little bit of challenge when appropriate. I use psychological theory in a practical, down to earth way. I firmly believe that we have the answers to our own problems within ourselves; however we can’t always see these clearly. When coaching, I work with you to facilitate the process of you finding these answers. Along the way I may also teach you some useful techniques, or invite you to use certain tools if I think they will benefit you.
As a Business Psychologist and Coach, I have a wealth of experience working with people from the public (including the NHS), private and voluntary sectors. I understand the psychology of coaching from a cognitive-behavioural perspective and am proficient in the use of a range of advanced coaching techniques and models and their application to life, health, business, and performance coaching. I work with you in an objective, supportive and non-judgmental way, to help you to overcome challenges and achieve your goals.
I have helped people with a number of different issues, including developing self-confidence; overcoming stress, anxiety and panic attacks; managing long term health conditions, deciding on a next career move; preparing for promotion; going back to work after a period of time off; dealing with redundancy; managing difficult relationships; preparing for speeches and presentations; overcoming procrastination and time management issues.
I tailor my coaching approach to your individual needs. The general structure of my approach is to work with you to:
- Increase your self-awareness and clarify your goals
- Identify and understand any self-limiting beliefs and behaviours you may have
- Challenge these limiting thoughts and behaviours by practicing more helpful strategies
- Review progress and create an action plan for sustained change
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree in Psychology
- Master of Science (MSc) Occupational Psychology
- Certified Coach-with Centre of Coaching, accredited by Middlesex University
- Member of The Centre for Coaching and the Special Group in Coaching Psychology (SGCP)
- I specialise in Cognitive Behavioural Coaching (CBC) and understand how to use this coaching method to bring maximum success for the individual in working on specific behaviours
Special Group in Coaching Psychology
To be a member of the SGCP, a coach must first be a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
The SGCP have two categories of membership: Full Member and Affiliate Member. BPS Members with the Graduate Basis for Registration are are eligible to become Full Members of the SGCP. All other members of BPS are eligible to become Affiliate members.
Members of the SGCP are bound by the BPS Code of Conduct, Ethical Principles and Guidelines.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Fees are available on request. Please contact me directly for more information.
Face to face or telephone coaching is available.
You can find out more information about me on my website www.mindingme.co.uk