Helping professional women progress at work
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hi, I’m Rachael. I help highly qualified, talented women who work in professional roles that demand a high standard of work.
You're probably technically strong and have achieved a good level of career success already. But to progress further, you need to develop other skills such as leading teams, managing upwards, developing better client relationships, or having greater influence. Perhaps you'd also like to increase your confidence and feel more ready to apply for other jobs, take on more responsibility or go for a promotion.
Why I can help you progress your career
In my former career I worked at PwC, one of the Big 4 professional services firms, for 15 years. I led various teams whilst there and was responsible for the resourcing strategy and implementation across 3 departments, as well as overseeing career development for the practitioners. I was promoted twice and understand the challenges of working in a demanding professional environment.
I’m passionate about supporting more women to progress to senior levels and manage the demands that come with leading teams, functions and organisations.
As a qualified and experienced leadership coach and career coach with over 10 years' coaching experience, I have the right blend of experience, skills, strategies and approach. I can help you develop your skills, gain clarity over your next steps and feel more confident in pursuing the career you really want.
Here's what you could achieve through my coaching:
- Get a clear sense of where you'd like to be in your career and what you need to do to get there
- Create a career plan to help you bridge any skills gaps
- Get clear on what you're really good at and what value you bring
- Develop the skills and mindset you need to progress, such as leading teams, communicating with ease and thinking more strategically
- Understand your natural leadership style and how to adapt it
- Grow valuable relationships without feeling like you're schmoozing
- Build your resilience to dealing with setbacks
- Feel like you have the confidence to apply for a new role or go for a promotion
What can you expect from coaching with me?
I coach from a belief that my clients are resourceful and capable women who have tremendous capacity to achieve more than they realise or even dream of.
Rather than having a very fixed way of working, my coaching is based on an openness to exploring how things are now and how things might be in future, discovering options and possibilities together. I'm happy working with uncertainty and complexity, to have a laugh and a giggle when needed and to sit with discomfort when the moment is called for.
The coaching will both support and challenge your thinking, stimulating new insights, self-awareness and learning. You can expect warmth, professionalism, openness and support as well as sensitive challenge.
Ready to progress your career? if so, simply email me to arrange a free 30-minute, online call. I usually respond within a day, so you won't be waiting long to hear back. The call won't be salesy and you won't feel pressured to make a decision, it's just to get to know each other a bit, find out how I can help you and whether I'm the right coach for you. I'll be honest and open with you about whether I think I can help or not.
Here's what some of my clients have said about my coaching:
"Rachael is a true professional, she is extremely personable and easy to work with.
Rachael takes time to ensure that she fully understands what you are looking for from coaching, this is useful as means you are both confident you can work together and will get results you are looking for. She has a wealth of experience in coaching and can relate conversations back to the real-world workplace. I found it to be really beneficial as was not all based on theory or textbook methods but actually thinking how skills/tips and tools can be used in the real world. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Rachael and wouldn’t hesitate to do so again."
Sarah Walker, Associate Director
"I was looking for coaching that would help me feel more competent and confident as a leader, and I very much feel that our sessions achieved that. Rachael is an excellent listener, perceptive and attentive enough to challenge and provoke effectively. She has empathy, a sense of humour and pragmatism."
Selina, Arts Director
"It is a real pleasure to be coached by Rachael. The coaching sessions are thought-provoking, the coaching is very practical and has had a positive impact on a number of aspects of my role. The coaching came into play in discussions I had with my team, peers and senior leaders. Rachael's knowledge and level of professionalism are outstanding and really help me make a difference."
Partner in Professional Services
"Working towards a senior promotion is a challenging time; having Rachael supporting and nudging me along gave me the confidence that was already there but helped me bring out both on paper and in my promotion interview. Rachael challenged me to ensure I pulled out the best examples and articulate myself well. Rachael worked with me to ensure I put myself forward in the best light, confidently."
Director in Professional Services
"I would highly recommend coaching with Rachael, her approach to widen conversations, listen and respond through good communication. I really appreciated how during our meetings, Rachael would check-in to keep me on track whilst offering professional support."
Senior Manager in Professional Services
Training, qualifications & experience
Here are my qualifications and experience:
- Qualified coach (with a Distinction from The Coaching Academy)
- 10+ years of coaching experience
- Certificate in Team Coaching (Global Team Coaching Institute)
- Accredited DISC personality profiling assessor (The Coaching Academy)
- 5+ year member of ICF (International Coach Federation), the leading global organisation dedicated to advancing the coaching profession
- NLP Master Practitioner and a Professional Member of ANLP International CIC. (NLP being the study of the mind and how we think, along with how we use language).
- Approach includes elements of Gestalt Coaching, NLP, Transactional Analysis, Therapeutic Coaching, and Mindfulness.
I have a very strong commitment to client service, authenticity and integrity. I take coaching industry ethics very seriously, which means you can be reassured of both quality and integrity in my work. I run a local coaching network called "Coaching Central", and regularly attend CPD including co-coaching to keep my knowledge and skills up to date.
- 15 year career at PwC, one of the Big 4 Accountancy firms
- First-hand experience leading several teams in a challenging environment demanding high standards of quality
- Gained over 10 years’ experience in coaching, training and facilitation
- Experienced in performance, managing talent, strategy, leadership, engagement and career development.
- Led, designed and delivered development workshops including leadership residential events.
Presenting / Public Speaking
- Public speaker for over 5 years, delivered to small groups and at conference level
- Trainer in presentation skills
- 7+ year member of my local Toastmasters speaking club
- Achieved 2nd place at Division level Speaking Contest
- President of my local Toastmasters club from 2019 - 2020
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Online Presentation Skills Coaching - become a more confident speaker!
- Be more polished and persuasive during client pitches, board meetings etc.
- Learn to talk confidently 'off the cuff' and handle difficult questions
- Engage a wide variety of audiences
- Overcome those nerves!
Are you a novice speaker? I can help you conquer your nerves, master the basics, and give you a safe space to rehearse and practice.
Or perhaps you have some presenting experience already, but you’d like to polish up your skills? I can help you develop your techniques and create more impact in your presentations.
In this online programme, you'll learn how to structure your message, create engaging content and to perfect your delivery style to match your purpose. This can work for online presentations as well as face to face.
Simply get in touch for a free, no-obligation 30 minute call to find out how you can become a more confident speaker!
From £759.00 to £799.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Price - A three month coaching package to progress your career costs £799. This is available for individuals who are self-funding (businesses and organisations are separate rates). This price includes a free DISC personality profile report that transforms your relationships and helps you communicate more effectively with colleagues, clients, teams and stakeholders.
Payment - Credit cards, debit cards and bank transfers are accepted. You can pay in three monthly instalments (with the first one upfront), or you can choose to pay it all in one go upfront and benefit from a 5% discount, bringing the total package down to £759.
Next Steps - To find out more, why not email me to book in a free, no-obligation call? This is a chance for us to get to know each other and see how I can help you. There's no pressure to go ahead, it's just a chance to get to know each other and see whether I'm the right coach for you.
I look forward to hearing from you!
When I work
I can usually be flexible to suit your diary. Weekends are by arrangement.
My Coaching Approach
My coaching will both support and challenge your thinking, stimulating new insights and learning. My approach is focused on both personal development and professional development, helping you grow in self-awareness, self-acceptance, confidence and presence.
You'll need to be committed to making a change, open to new ideas and ways of thinking.
You can expect warmth, professionalism, openness, acceptance, as well as support and sensitive challenge.