Jo Lee, Life Atlas Coaching
30 Chapel Street
I coach career professionals and business owners to help them achieve more of the success they want, and/or to reduce the stress, overwhelm and feelings of uncertainty they don't, so that they feel both professionally and personally successful and happy.
What I can help you with
Through coaching, I'm able to help you:
- Build the self-belief, confidence and bravery you need to feel you really are "good enough" and ready to achieve the things you want in your work and your life
- Develop strategies to reduce stress and overwhelm and get back in control of your work-life balance
- Make changes to your career that will meet your need for fulfilment and success in your working life, as well as your desire for a happy, balanced life.
- Improve your overall confidence and self-belief
- Reduce the impact that overthinking or anxiety may have on your career or business success
- Develop goals and action plans for your business or career that will bring you the success and happiness you want for yourself, on your terms.
- Tackle and get "unstuck" with a business or career issue that's draining your time, energy or emotions, or that you are putting off through fear or anxiety.
- Start or grow your business successfully, by working with you not only on your business goals and the action plan needed for success, but also by helping you develop the motivation, confidence, positive mindset and skills you need to be an effective business owner.
- Achieve exam success (whether professional or academic), by helping you develop a structured revision strategy based on your strengths, and tackle the anxiety and stress that the pressure of your exams may be causing
- Improve your ability to prioritise, and to stop procrastinating, to help you achieve more and reduce stress.
- Become more confident at networking and making presentations
In order to get the very best results, so you achieve both the success and happiness you are looking for, coaching with me involves a blend of approaches: as well as making decisions and developing action plans that are practical, logical and strategic (and being held accountable for acting on them!), we will also work on you - your confidence and self-belief, your worries, your mindset and your motivation - so nothing need get in the way of achieving your goals.
What it is like working with me
This is what to expect:
- A down to earth, practical and straight-talking approach
- To be challenged and taken out of your comfort zone (but not into your panic zone!)
- To work deeply (not just on the surface), so you make really transformational changes that will last
- Absolute honesty: about the good, the bad and the ugly
- Unconditional support and belief from me, even when you’re not sure you’d support and believe in yourself
- Complete confidentiality - a safe haven to be honest about how you feel, what you want and what you're afraid of.
- Plenty of proven, evidence-based exercises and approaches based in Positive Psychology, Transactional Analysis and the Human Givens approach.
- The unexpected, including deeply thought-provoking questions and creative exercises (don’t worry no leotards required!)
But please don't expect any of the following:
- Anything in any way hippy, trendy, woo-woo, wishy-washy, holistic, spiritual, or alternative
- To get the results you want if you aren’t prepared to take responsibility and put in the work needed
- That I live a perfect, problem-free, not-had-a-lifelong-battle-with-my-weight kind of life
- An agony aunt, who’ll feed you all the answers to your woes
- A stiff, corporate suited-and-booted executive in high heels
- Perfection. It doesn’t exist.
I aim to be as flexible as I can in my approach and always try to design each client's coaching programme according to their practical needs as well as the types of goal they want to achieve.
Coaching with me can be done face-to-face, online or over the phone (or via a combination of these), and I offer coaching slots of varying lengths at breakfast times, evenings and weekends as well as during office-hours.
I offer an initial consultation totally free before you commit to a coaching programme with me, which can take place in person or over the phone - please get in touch to arrange a time to talk and we can start to work out whether we might be a good fit to work together.
Who I am
I am a professional life, career and business coach aged 40-something with two school-aged children. I am a member and Associate Certified Coach of the ICF (International Coaching Federation).
Before becoming a coach and running my own business I spent twenty years developing a successful career in marketing and business management, ultimately spending two years running a successful £50m business. I have experienced first-hand the incredible highs, lows and pressures of juggling the demands of a career and family that are so familiar to many, ultimately leading, in my case, to high stress and burn-out.
Despite looking like I "had it all" I often struggled for confidence underneath, believing my success was entirely down to good fortune rather than my own abilities: I know exactly how it feels to think everything I'd achieved was down to luck, and would surely fall apart at any minute.
You'll find more about me, and how my own need to do something about my stress and work-life balance led to a pretty major career change story of my own, on my website.
I offer coaching in person, by phone or online (Zoom). My coaching practice is conveniently based within around forty minutes of Leicester, Derby, Birmingham, Nottingham and Burton on Trent and only an hour from Stoke-on-Trent, Northampton and Coventry. I work with clients from throughout the Midlands and beyond.
Sound like we might be a good fit? Please get in touch for a chat to start the ball rolling. I'd love to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) - ICF (International Coach Federation)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Personal and Business Coaching with the University of Chester
- Twenty years in marketing and business management, culminating in two years as Managing Director of a well-known UK retailer.
- A period of post-natal depression and experience of stress and burn out
- A significant career-change of my own
- An imperfect life, but a hugely positive and energetic attitude to living
In addition to my private coaching, I am also a coach with Genius Within CIC, working with adults in the work place with neuro-diverse conditions such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, ASD, anxiety and depression.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Business Start-Up Coaching
Fees vary depending on the nature and location of coaching. Programme lengths are usually from three to six months, depending on the goals you are looking to achieve.
I recognise that talking about the money is often the hardest part to approach when you talk to a coach for the first time. I will give you a quote for your programme based on your specific requirements after we've held our initial, free consultation, but I'm really happy to talk about ball park figures before we even get that far if you give me a call for an informal chat.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Coaching Sessions available from 7.30am to 9pm weekdays. Sunday sessions may also be available - please contact me for current weekend availability.