PCC - Coach & Coach Supervisor
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a full time, experienced, professional coach, working with ambitious, able, successful executives, leaders and business owners to help them confidently develop and achieve the success and fulfilment they want from their working lives and more easily manage their personal and family responsibilities, without it taking up all the time and energy they need to be able to switch off, relax and enjoy their personal lives.
I know, both from first hand experience, and the experiences of the hundreds of clients I’ve worked with, how easy it is to feel like you’re failing - that you’re obviously not good enough if, despite being intelligent and able, you can’t achieve the success you’re ambitious for in business and feel in control of the rest of your life at the same time.
You want it “all”, and feel you’d be capable of achieving success in each part of your life and work separately, if that was the only thing you had to focus on….but it isn’t. You have work, you have home & family responsibilities, and you want some proper time and headspace to relax and enjoy life for yourself too. And yet however much you want it, you just can’t seem to make it happen.
Instead, what you’re experiencing is:
- A workload that generally feels out of control – you love what you do, and are ambitious for success, but have a never-ending to do list that you feel ashamed about not being able to get to the bottom of
- Priorities drifting because you can never get the combination of time, confidence and energy together at once to focus on them, spending most of your time fighting just to stay on top of things (with a resulting impact on your personal income if you’re self-employed)
- Frustration and guilt about the amount of time you spend working, when others (usually children or elderly parents) need you.
- And guilt about spending time with the children or to yourself, because you should really be working and getting on top of that to do list
- Stress – both mental and physical - as a result of all the juggling, worrying about what will happen when you inevitably drop an important ball, the pressures of having to get things right and from constantly being “on it” without being able to switch off properly, relax and get enough sleep.
- Exhaustion, with little energy left to focus on relationships, hobbies or yourself once the work is finally done.
You might also be doubting yourself and your abilities, worried about who you are letting down.
You may even be starting to feel you just don’t deserve to have and love it all for some reason.
One thing’s for sure: Something needs to change, but you have absolutely no idea how you can change it.
That’s where I come in.
I help you find the ways and make the changes that will ensure you feel successful, confident and in control at work and in life, with the time and headspace to switch off and live a relaxed, calm life outside of work.
I’m an executive coach, business coach and a life coach rolled into one. Combining my coaching expertise with 20 years’ working as a senior manager and director in the corporate world while raising young children, I work with you across both business and life seamlessly, because when you are ambitious about your career or business, the boundaries are too blurred to separate them neatly into one or the other… they impact on each other constantly and your work is a big part of who you are and what you want from life.
As a result, I’m able to help you identify the root causes and develop solutions holistically, so that whether the big difference will be made by making changes to how you approach, develop or manage your business or the way you do things at home, we will find it and, with my support and encouragement, you will achieve it.
So what actually happens, how does it work?
The exact things we work on together in coaching are completely personalised to you, because you are not the same as anyone else – your needs, your circumstances, your red-lines (because there are always some things you are just not willing to change!), your strengths, your beliefs, your idea of success.
We usually work together over a period of four months, during which time we meet (remotely) six times, each for 90 minutes.
We begin by clarifying and defining in some detail what your idea of achieving business and work life success actually looks like. We explore what matters, what motivates you, what leaves you feeling fulfilled and what has the opposite effect.
Then, we consider how what you want is different to your current situation, and what you want to retain about how things are working now. We distill things down so you’re able to identify all the things you want to be able to do or make happen that you currently can’t, and are clear about all the things that are in the way of you simply clicking your fingers and making it happen (because if it was that easy, you’d already have done it)…
…and then we get to work, exploring possibilities and working together to help you overcome any unhelpful beliefs, mental blocks, habits or behaviours that are contributing to the way things are – and I’ll help you apply what you discover and learn to both business and life.
It’s different for everyone, but typically, your coaching will include working on some of these areas, always working at a very personalised level:
Identifying what success looks like, feels like, will be, for you
Developing strategies and plans that give you increased focus and improve your ability to prioritise and choose what to do and what not to doLearning to set and confidently manage healthy boundaries between work and home lifeReducing workload by becoming more confident about delegating, asking for help or stopping taking on other people’s responsibilities
Overcoming Imposter Syndrome and building self-belief, so you are less likely to add to your own workload in an effort to protect yourself from being “found out as not good enough”
- Learning how to switch off and give yourself permission to relax
- Learning techniques for managing and reducing stress
- Tackling individual sources of stress, to reduce their impact
- Overcoming your guilt, so you can give yourself permission to do things in different, more helpful ways
- Developing a healthy, helpful level of structure in your work and life, and strategies for maintaining this
- Feeling able to be more assertive in your communication and negotiation with others, so you don’t add things to your to do list simply out of fear of upsetting someone if you don’t
Between each of our sessions you’ll be making small changes one by one, taking on specific challenges and trying out things for size to see how they feel on you. I might also set you some “homework” to extend or increase the rate of your success – but I’m always mindful that you are really busy, and our work is about reducing your workload, not adding more tasks to it!
You can also email me whenever you like during that period to get input, ideas and questions that will help you work out what to do in tricky situations, to share a win that’s made you feel great, or simply to release some pent up frustration or stress.
Who do I do this work with?
My clients are a mixture of small to medium size business owners, managers and senior leaders working in both mid and large sized organisations.
I work with people from a wide range of industries – from professionals in accounting, marketing, education, medicine and law, to business owners in construction, engineering, design and a multitude of service industries – at all stages of their business or career journey.
Some of my clients are neurotypical, and some have ADHD - I have specialist skills and understanding of neurodiversity and have coached many successful but exhausted, distracted and stressed ADHDers to develop new strategies that get work and life better into control, getting the boring things done as well as the interesting ones.
As well as working one-to-one, I run regular coaching groups and workshops for small business owners, and I run bespoke workshops and coaching groups within organisations, where they are looking to support employees with their wellbeing, stress, managing heavy workload and achieving a better work life balance.
How do we get started?
Please get in touch with me to arrange a time for an informal initial consultation, which we can do by phone or on Zoom.
We’ll talk through your needs, get to know each other a little and decide whether we’re a good fit to work together, and then talk through the nitty gritty like costs.
If you’d like to find out a bit more about me, my coaching, my experience and why I decided to leave a successful corporate career to become a self-employed coach, you’ll find more about all of these on my website at https:/lifeatlascoaching.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I'm a full time coach, with experience coaching business owners, senior and middle leaders (on a personal basis and within organisations) one-to-one and within groups
- I'm a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the ICF (International Coach Federation) - this means you can trust I work within a strict set of ethical standards and using professional coaching competencies
- I have a Post Graduate Certificate in Personal and Business Coaching from the University of Chester
- Prior to becoming a coach, I spent twenty years as a leader in marketing and business management, culminating in two years as Managing Director of a well-known UK retailer. I know business and business life inside out - I have walked the walk, I don't just talk the talk!
- I have personal experience of stress and burn out, and recovering from it
- I'm very experienced in coaching adults with neurodiverse conditions such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD & ASD, including five years (and counting!) as an associate coach with market-leaders Genius Within CIC.
- I have an imperfect life, but a hugely positive and energetic attitude to living.
UK International Coach Federation (ICF)
The International Coach Federation is the professional association for personal and business coaches worldwide.
Coaches can become accredited by the ICF, who have three grades of membership: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Master Certified Coach's have achieved a substantial level of training and experience.
Members of ICF are accountable to a professional code of ethics.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Fees may vary depending on the nature of coaching. Please contact me for more information.
When I work
Coaching Sessions available from 9am to 7pm weekdays