Chloe Garland BA (Hons)
"I’ve always refrained from seeking a personal coach, as lots of expectations often rose up on my mind from what I would have liked my experience to be like, but when I finally did the step to look out for a trustworthy, caring, and helpful coach, Chloe instantaneously felt like the coach I’ve always been wishing for." - Mirco 2018 (more testimonials at the bottom)
What I Do
I am an early-career coach and founder of the coaching practice 'Quarter-Life'. I help young adults between the ages of 18 and 30 work out what is important to them, and how to get more of it in their professional and personal lives.
How It Works
My initial 6 sessions are split into 3 phases: 'You', 'Your Options' and 'Your Actions':
You: Understanding yourself and what is important to you. We will touch on things like values, career drivers, career environments and natural strengths.
Your Options: During this phase we will curate an extensive list of all the different careers that interest you and narrow it down to a few exciting ones.
Your Action: Finally, we will work out what needs to be done to get you from where you are now to where you want to be.
If this service seems like a good fit then let's talk! Get in touch and we will organise a consultation from which we will decide if we will work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- First Class BA (Hons) Degree in Philosophy, University of Nottingham
- Certified Coach by The Ministry of Entrepreneurship, London
- Animas Centre for Coaching, Regents Park University
- Member of The Association For Coaching, London
Coaching Experience (Role, Organisation, Description)
- Founder & Coach, Quarter-Life,Quarter-Life is a coaching practice that focuses specifically on helping early careerists and young adults in the transition from education to employment gain more clarity and direction over their lives.
- Coach, Giving Time, Not-for-profit organisation coaching students at school to prepare them for the transition from education into the workplace
- Coach, Know You More, Virtual Coaching designed to equip 18 to 30-year-olds with the essential skills to thrive in today’s world.
- Associate Coach: CoachBright
Other Relevant Experience (Role, Organisation, Description)
- Equine-Therapist, SerTacna (Peru), A small family run charity that uses horses for the therapy of disabled and disadvantaged children in Tacna, South Peru.
- International Development Worker, Little Big Africa (Uganda), NGO working in the Manafwa district of Easter Uganda helping improve hygiene and sanitation standards in some of the most rural areas.
- Teacher, Thinking Space (Nottingham), Thinking Space pairs philosophy graduates with local schools to offer lessons in the fundamentals of philosophy.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Career Coaching
- Career Coach
- Quarter-Life Crisis
- First Job
- Early Careerist
- University Student
- School Students
- Choosing a Career after University
- Graduate Careers
- Career Change
- Early Career Coach
- Youth Coaching
- Free initial consultation call
- Price for 6 Sessions:
"I found it supportive and liberating. Chloe allowed me to say my fears without making me feel silly whilst recognising what it was that was stopping me reach my full potential. Chloe allowed me to talk through what I wanted to achieve in life and was able to break it down into small steps in order I can achieve it each week. Because I was speaking to her each week, I felt it made me accountable to achieving things and not putting it off." - NT (20/03/2018)
"It was a great pleasure meeting and working with you. Thanks for listening more than the words I said, making me feel comfortable and accepted. You have the gift of intuition and a passion for helping people. I am glad you're a coach" - Joice L (10/01/2018)
"Chloe is very committed to get what works out of you; in today's session she organised our time masterfully, as she always does, and she provided me with images about what I was saying which were more accurate than my own words. She guides me through maps and realistic lists of impactful actions (which I adore), but most of all, as opposed to many other coaches, she keeps the whole picture in check all the time and doesn't get lost into the single session or the single interaction (which would be easier for her, and unhelpful to me) She won't drop you after the session is over, without having made the point. Don't lose time with other coaches who only pretend to "empathically" listen but don't engage in your vision or take your success half as seriously. Thank you!" - Paola C (04/03/2018)
I’ve always refrained from seeking a personal coach, as lots of expectations often rose up on my mind from what I would have liked my experience to be like, but when I finally did the step to look out for a trustworthy, caring, and helpful coach, Chloe instantaneously felt like the coach I’ve always been wishing for. From our first session I could sense her genuine care and openness about my path until then, and the path I wished to build out of the coaching experience. Through her visibly pure interest about my goals and obstacles, Chloe supported me in finding clarity and trust in my potential, which has been key during the sessions to let me open up and gain strength, so to find determination in what my initial aim was. Attentive, smart, and with eye/mind-opening exercises, Chloe helped me to map out all of my strengths, skills, and wishes, to later on channel them back towards a given result that I couldn’t see by myself.
Such experience and discovery is leading me today towards a more relaxed approach for my future career, now that I better know who I am, what I stand for, and what I want to create. All of this has been thanks to Chloe’s passionate love for coaching, for unlocking someone’s potential and lead them on the path they’ve been wishing for. She surely has a special place in this life-journey I’ve embarked, which is now bringing me to the realisation of dream projects I’ve been wanting to do since a long time. Extremely grateful to have met Chloe - I couldn’t wish for a better coach :) Thanks! (Mirco 2018)