Cheryl Binnis MA (Oxon) - Master level Life Coach, NLP & hypnotherapist
Hi, I'm Cheryl. Thank-you for taking the time to look at my profile.
I'm a Master level life coach, NLP practitioner and clinical hypnotherapist. I'm also an EFT practitioner and massage therapist, which enables me to work with both the mind and the body where this will get the best results for clients. I'm passionate about physical and mental wellbeing and my mission is to enable people who feel stuck in some way to step up their mental fitness and get their power back so that they can lead their happiest, healthiest and most successful life. I combine 20 years' experience in leadership roles in the corporate world with a range of complementary therapies designed to put clients back in control of how they think, feel and act. I run a mind and body practice which you can read more about here: https://www.resetmindandmassage.co.uk/
Is this you?
- Do you feel as though you're a bystander in your own life and that someone else is in charge, but you're not sure who?
- Do you feel stuck in a job or relationship that isn't right for you?
- Would you like to break free of fears, phobias, or habits that you know aren't good for you and are holding you back?
- Do you want to bring more focus and direction to your career?
If that's you, I'd love to help you get back in the driving seat and give you the tools and techniques you need to map out the next stage of your journey. I'm passionate about supporting people who want to live a full, happy, successful life, but have lost their way, been derailed by events or feel stuck in a rut.
I focus on boosting mental fitness, working with your conscious mind, subconscious mind and body
I focus on enabling your mind and body to work as one united team. I'm passionate about both mental and physical health and truly believe that if you want to be happy, healthy and successful, there are three parts of you that all need to be working together and in the same direction, as one unified team:
- your conscious mind,
- your subconscious mind
- your body.
Sometimes these parts are either working against one another, or one or more of them is ‘blocked', which makes it really hard for you to be as happy, healthy and successful as you want to be, no matter how hard you try. If we just focus on one of these areas, it rarely gives us the results we were hoping for because we're only addressing part of the big picture that is your mind and body.
My approach is to bring together different therapy techniques to work with you on all three of these levels. I will tailor my approach to your individual circumstances, needs and priorities so that we can address the gap between what your rational mind knows and understands is the right thing versus what your subconscious mind is making you believe, think, feel and do. I will work with your conscious mind, subconscious mind and body to release emotional, mental and physical blockages, before guiding you to reset your direction, define clear goals and create a roadmap for your personal life or career.
Designed around your individual needs and preferences, I use a dynamic combination of practical life coaching models, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Hypnotherapy , Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping) and relaxing Balinese massage to enable you to de-stress, reset your mindset and take control of your thoughts, emotions and behaviour.
Areas I can help with
Through a combination of different techniques, I help clients address a range of mind and body issues. For example:
- life coaching to help you discover your purpose in life, identify your goals, set clear objectives and develop an action plan to achieve these
- career coaching to create a shift in your career, whether it's improving your relationships with stakeholders at work, building your profile, getting the next job, or changing career path
- NLP, EFT and hypnotherapy to help you:
- break through obstacles that are holding you back, such as anxiety, low self-esteem, limiting beliefs
- overcome fears and phobias (such as performance nerves or fear of flying) and kick bad habits
- better manage the triggers, symptoms and effects of stress
- build your self-esteem and the confidence you need to make big decisions and lasting changes in your career or personal life
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 20 years' experience working in retail and financial services industries, where I held senior leadership roles in marketing, strategy, insight, operations and finance, working with people at all levels, including senior managers, executives and Board members. This experience gave me a real insight into the challenges and successful strategies involved in transformational change, both at a corporate, cultural and individual human level.
My corporate career spanning 20 years taught me that if you want to live your happiest, healthiest, most successful life, you need to be really clear on where you want to get to, what you want to achieve and the steps you will commit to take to get there. That goes for your career, your work projects and every aspect of your personal life. Without that clarity, you’re unlikely to achieve your full potential and be the best that you can be. It sounds obvious, but very few of us actually take the time and make the commitment to map this out. And sometimes we need a little help to make this happen.
I have the following qualifications
- First class MA degree in Modern Languages (Oxford University)
- Mastery Integrated Diploma in clinical hypnotherapy, NLP and life coaching
- Master Life Coach (Life Practice UK)
- Certified CAM Practitioner - Transformational Coaching Specialist
- Master Clinical Hypnotherapist (Life Practice UK)
- Master NLP Practitioner (Life Practice UK)
- EFT Practitioner (Life Practice UK)
- CIBTAC endorsed Balinese massage certificate (Jamu Spa School in Nusa Dua, Bali)
- Financial Advice Certificate (Institute of Financial Services, now part of the London Institute of Banking and Finance)
I’m a fully accredited member of the ACCPH, You can view my profile here. https://www.accph.org.uk/membership-account/profile/?pu=cheryl-binnis .
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
I also help clients to deal with fears, phobias, bad habits, emotional eating and giving up smoking.
I offer a free, no obligation initial telephone consultation lasting 30 minutes. This enables me to understand whether and how I can help you, and also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
I charge £85 per hour for one-off life coaching, hypnotherapy, NLP, EFT and career coaching sessions, with a discount when 4 or more sessions are booked up front.
Most clients benefit from having 6 to 10 sessions, or an intensive half day breakthrough session, to really get to grips with the issues they're facing. I tailor my approach to your personal needs and circumstances, or you can choose from a range of packages which you can read about on my website:
My most popular packages are:
Mindset Reset breakthrough session: Intensive half day face to face session. £297
This is for you if you want to tackle a specific problem and drive a rapid shift in your mindset, such as:
- overcoming a fear or phobia (eg fear of flying, performance nerves or fear of presenting)
- breaking a bad habit (eg comfort eating or smoking)
- reducing anxiety and gaining more control over how you feel about a particular issue (eg social anxiety or anxiety about a particular relationship)
De-stress Reset: 3 x coaching sessions and 2 x 1 hour Balinese massage. £325
This is for you if you want to:
- identify and better manage the sources of stress in your life
- learn tools and techniques to manage the symptoms and effects of stress
- create time out for you to relax physically and mentally through deep tissue massage
Reset your Life package: 10 x 1 hour coaching sessions over around 3 months. £750
This is for you if you want to really take control of your life:
- take a good, holistic look at all areas of your life and identify focus areas that will make the biggest difference to your future happiness and success
- break through obstacles that are holding you back, such as anxiety,low self-esteem, limiting beliefs, fears, phobias and bad habits
- discover your purpose in life and set big life goals for yourself
- map out your vision for the future across your career and personal life
- de-stress and better manage the triggers,symptoms and effects of stress
- build the confidence and courage you need to make big decisions and lasting changes in your career or personal life
- better manage and prioritise your physical and mental wellbeing
- set clear objectives and develop an action plan to achieve these
I operate from treatment rooms in Parkstone in Poole, Dorset, including a room at Parkstone Chiropractic. I also work with some of my life coaching clients over the phone or by Skype, coaching people from whichever location is most convenient for them.
I understand that many of my clients work during the day or have childcare commitments that make it difficult for them to make appointments during ‘normal’ opening hours. So I aim to be as flexible as possible and work around your schedule, with weekend and evening appointments available.
What my clients have to say‘
"Cheryl is an excellent coach, she gives sound, well thought through, constructive support and challenge. She does so in an intelligent and structured manner. She has a real ability to see the bigger picture and help you break things down into logical and manageable steps. She has given me pragmatic guidance over the years that has always had my best interests at heart and has really taken into account my personal and professional situation. She’s also really motivating, inspiring people she works with to be the very best they can be, including pushing yourself out of your comfort zone when necessary."
Sarah James – Head of Insight, LV=, Bournemouth
"Cheryl believed in me so much and encouraged me. That gave me confidence and courage to try even things that I have not done before. I feel energized and smart just because she thought highly of me. Cheryl is qualified and smart. And seeing the faith she had in me, made me so motivated".
Grace Banda, Executive Director – Barefeet Theatre, Zambia
“Cheryl is an extremely supportive and constructive coach. She has helped me to identify and maximise areas of strength and supported me in finding solutions for any problems/concerns I have encountered. She has encouraged me to move outside of my comfort zone, to take on new challenges and continue to develop my skills. Her guidance has led me to some fantastic opportunities”
Kate Morris – Insight and Analysis Manger, LV=