Cheryl Binnis MA (Oxon) - Master level Life Coach, NLP & hypnotherapist
Hi, I'm Cheryl. Thank-you for taking the time to look at my profile.
I'm a qualified Transformational Coaching Specialist, Master level life coach, NLP practitioner and clinical hypnotherapist. I'm also an EFT practitioner and massage therapist, which enables me to work with both the mind and the body where this will get the best results for clients.
I'm passionate about physical and mental wellbeing and my mission is to enable people who feel stuck in some way to step up their mental fitness and get their power back so that they can lead their happiest, healthiest and most successful life.
I'm also passionate about helping as many people as possible to deal with the complex emotions and thought processes they may be experiencing as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic. So I am offering all of my services remotely, safely and effectively online and by telephone, via Zoom, WhatsApp and FaceTime. I am also offering a FREE ONE HOUR session for NHS workers during the pandemic.
I combine 20 years' experience in leadership roles in the corporate world with a range of complementary therapies designed to put clients back in control of how they think, feel and act. I run a mind and body practice which you can read more about here: https://www.resetmindandmassage.co.uk/
Is this you?
- Do you feel anxious and overwhelmed by the impact of the pandemic, and confused as to where to go next personally and professionally?
- Do you feel as though you're a bystander in your own life and that someone else is in charge, but you're not sure who?
- Do you feel stuck in a job or relationship that isn't right for you?
- Would you like to break free of fears, phobias, or habits that you know aren't good for you and are holding you back?
- Do you want to bring more focus and direction to your career?
If that's you, I'd love to help you get back in the driving seat and give you the tools and techniques you need to map out the next stage of your journey. I'm passionate about supporting people who want to live a full, happy, successful life, but have lost their way, been derailed by events or feel stuck in a rut.
I focus on boosting mental fitness, working with your conscious mind, subconscious mind and body
I focus on enabling your mind and body to work as one united team. I'm passionate about both mental and physical health and truly believe that if you want to be happy, healthy and successful, there are three parts of you that all need to be working together and in the same direction, as one unified team:
- your conscious mind,
- your subconscious mind
- your body.
Sometimes these parts are either working against one another, or one or more of them is ‘blocked', which makes it really hard for you to be as happy, healthy and successful as you want to be, no matter how hard you try. If we just focus on one of these areas, it rarely gives us the results we were hoping for because we're only addressing part of the big picture that is your mind and body.
My approach is to bring together different therapy techniques to work with you on all three of these levels. I will tailor my approach to your individual circumstances, needs and priorities so that we can address the gap between what your rational mind knows and understands is the right thing versus what your subconscious mind is making you believe, think, feel and do. I will work with your conscious mind, subconscious mind and body to release emotional, mental and physical blockages, before guiding you to reset your direction, define clear goals and create a roadmap for your personal life, business or career.
Designed around your individual needs and preferences, I use a dynamic combination of practical life coaching models, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Hypnotherapy , Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping) and relaxing Balinese massage to enable you to de-stress, reset your mindset and take control of your thoughts, emotions and behaviour.
Areas I can help with
Through a combination of different techniques, I help clients address a range of mind and body issues. For example:
- life coaching to help you discover your purpose in life, identify your goals, set clear objectives and develop an action plan to achieve these
- career coaching to create a shift in your career, whether it's improving your relationships with stakeholders at work, building your profile, getting the next job, or changing career path
- NLP, EFT and hypnotherapy to help you:
- break through obstacles that are holding you back, such as anxiety, low self-esteem, limiting beliefs
- deal with uncertainty and lack of motivation
- build personal resilience
- overcome fears and phobias (such as performance nerves or fear of flying) and kick bad habits
- better manage the triggers, symptoms and effects of stress
- build your self-esteem and the confidence you need to make big decisions and lasting changes in your career or personal life
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 20 years' experience working in retail and financial services industries, where I held senior leadership roles in marketing, strategy, insight, operations and finance, working with people at all levels, including senior managers, executives and Board members. This experience gave me a real insight into the challenges and successful strategies involved in transformational change, both at a corporate, cultural and individual human level.
My corporate career spanning 20 years taught me that if you want to live your happiest, healthiest, most successful life, you need to be really clear on where you want to get to, what you want to achieve and the steps you will commit to take to get there. That goes for your career, your work projects and every aspect of your personal life. Without that clarity, you’re unlikely to achieve your full potential and be the best that you can be. It sounds obvious, but very few of us actually take the time and make the commitment to map this out. And sometimes we need a little help to make this happen.
I have the following qualifications
- First class MA degree in Modern Languages (Oxford University)
- Mastery Integrated Diploma in clinical hypnotherapy, NLP and life coaching
- Master Life Coach
- Certified CAM Practitioner - Transformational Coaching Specialist
- Master Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Master NLP Practitioner
- EFT Practitioner
- CIBTAC endorsed Balinese massage certificate (Jamu Spa School in Nusa Dua, Bali)
- Financial Advice Certificate (Institute of Financial Services, now part of the London Institute of Banking and Finance)
I'm an accredited member of the ACCPH and you can view my profile here:
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
I also help clients to deal with fears, phobias, bad habits, emotional eating and giving up smoking.
I am offering a FREE ONE HOUR session for 10 NHS workers during the pandemic.
I offer a free, no obligation initial telephone consultation lasting 30 minutes. This enables me to understand whether and how I can help you, and also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
I charge £85 per hour for one hour life coaching, hypnotherapy, NLP, and career coaching sessions, with a discount when 4 or more sessions are booked up front.
Most clients benefit from having 6 to 10 sessions, or an intensive half day breakthrough session, to really get to grips with the issues they're facing. I tailor my approach to your personal needs and circumstances, or you can choose from a range of packages which you can read about on my website:
My most popular packages are:
Mindset Breakthrough session
Intensive half day face to face session combining coaching, NLP techniques and hypnotherapy, or two 2 hour sessions, depending on client preference. £297
This is for you if you want to tackle a specific problem and drive a rapid shift in your mindset, such as:
- reducing anxiety and gaining more control over how you feel about a particular issue
- dealing with uncertainty and confusion
- managing and reducing stress
- overcoming a fear or phobia (eg fear of flying, performance nerves or fear of presenting)
Reset your Career or Business package:
4 x 1 hour coaching sessions (including NLP techniques and hypnotherapy where appropriate).
This is for you if you want to:
- re-evaluate your career path or business strategy
- achieve your full potential in your career or business, re-inventing yourself or your business where needed
- build your personal brand, confidence and impact at work
- create a career plan mapping our your next two or three moves, either as an employee or a business owner
- get your next job – to include support with CV writing, interview practice and networking strategies where needed
- transition successfully from management to leadership
- improve your profile and stakeholder management at work
- move to a different career path, or move from employment to starting up your own business
Resilience and Confidence Builder – your tailored mental fitness programme
6 x 1 hour coaching sessions combining coaching, NLP techniques and hypnotherapy.
This is for you if you want to take control of your mental fitness and build the resilience you need to bounce back from adversity:
- break through obstacles that are holding you back, such as anxiety, low self-esteem, limiting beliefs, fears and bad habits
- build the resilience you need to deal with setbacks positively and move on from them
- better manage the triggers, symptoms and effects of stress
- build the confidence and courage you need to make big decisions and lasting changes in your career or personal life
- better manage and prioritise your physical and mental wellbeing
- discover your purpose in life and set big life goals for yourself, underpinned by a clear plan of action
Connect package - keeping you connected and supported during these challenging times
8 x 30 minute coaching sessions (twice a week over the phone, Zoom, FaceTime or WhatsApp) and weekly check-in emails, over the course of a month.
This is for you if you are feeling isolated and alone, especially as a result of the COVID 19 pandemic and its consequences on our daily lives. This package will enable you to:
- stay connected socially through regular, twice weekly phone or video calls, and weekly check-in emails
- take practical steps to look after your physical and mental wellbeing
- use tried and tested techniques to manage anxiety and reduce worry
- better manage the triggers, symptoms and effects of stress
- build the confidence you need to try new things, establish a new routine and embed healthy habits
I offer all my coaching sessions online and by telephone, so that you can work from whichever location is most convenient for you. When it is safe to do so (ie the COVID-19 pandemic has passed) I also operate from treatment rooms in Parkstone in Poole, Dorset, including a room at Parkstone Chiropractic.
I understand that many of my clients work during the day or have childcare commitments that make it difficult for them to make appointments during ‘normal’ opening hours. So I aim to be as flexible as possible and work around your schedule, with weekend and evening appointments available.
What my clients have to say‘
"Cheryl is an excellent coach, she gives sound, well thought through, constructive support and challenge. She does so in an intelligent and structured manner. She has a real ability to see the bigger picture and help you break things down into logical and manageable steps. She has given me pragmatic guidance over the years that has always had my best interests at heart and has really taken into account my personal and professional situation. She’s also really motivating, inspiring people she works with to be the very best they can be, including pushing yourself out of your comfort zone when necessary."
Sarah James – Head of Insight, LV=, Bournemouth
"Cheryl believed in me so much and encouraged me. That gave me confidence and courage to try even things that I have not done before. I feel energized and smart just because she thought highly of me. Cheryl is qualified and smart. And seeing the faith she had in me, made me so motivated".
Grace Banda, Executive Director – Barefeet Theatre, Zambia
“Cheryl is an extremely supportive and constructive coach. She has helped me to identify and maximise areas of strength and supported me in finding solutions for any problems/concerns I have encountered. She has encouraged me to move outside of my comfort zone, to take on new challenges and continue to develop my skills. Her guidance has led me to some fantastic opportunities”
Kate Morris – Insight and Analysis Manger, LV=