Carole Douillot, MA, ACC - Qualified & ICF accredited Transformational Coach
Finishing my Masters degree in Business management and English back in 1990, I was drawn to my initial love for teaching. From then on, my career path veered from teaching to customer coordinator, project manager to being a progress coach in a Sixth Form College. This last step inspired me to become a qualified coach. I left my full time job in September 2016 and started a very enjoyable 6 month training with Animas and got my Transformational Life Coaching certificate in May 2017. I became ICF (International Coaching Federation) accredited in June 2018.
My coaching clients vary from students to corporate, self employed and Academics. Issues we have been addressing range from self confidence, lack of direction and clarity to procrastination.
My own learnings through this amazing journey have been patience and looking at others' perspectives and stay curious. My key skill is presence and intuition. Looking forward to carrying on growing as a professional coach, I seize every opportunity to attend talks, networking events, read blogs, volunteer and reach out to the community.
In the long run, my main goals are to help the whole education community (parents, teachers, students and senior school leaders). I truly believe in the power of pure coaching and will endeavour to keep learning and better my skills to help you obtain the change you crave for.
Why chose me? because I will help you move forward, take action by gaining clarity and confidence to do so in a few very powerful life changing coaching sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained with Animas Coaching Centre. I chose this school as it offered a deeper level of awareness and I learnt many models and tools such as Cognitive Behaviour Coaching (find out what is at the core of your issues and how to change your own beliefs systems) & Transactional Analysis (very helpful to help with communication issues and conflicts).
- ICF accreditation (ACC level) June 2018
- Group Coaching CPD June 2018
- Existential Coaching CPD January 2018
- Positive Psychology Coaching - October 2017
- Transformational Coaching diploma - May 2017
- Youth Coaching CPD- January 2017
- CPD in mental health, bereavement and loss, improving tutorial skills, Trans awareness, overcoming stress, UCAS training, safeguarding
- DBS checked
- over 200 hours of one to one coaching experience
- Gestalt coaching
3 years as a Progress Coach:
- Offering pastoral and academic support to a cohort of 200 students each academic year
- Improving their achievement and wellbeing by setting up SMART targets and goals
- Helping them decide on their future, looking at different options: apprenticeship vs University
- Supporting their UCAS applications: personal statement feedback, reference writing
- Organising and running group workshops
- Facilitating post 16 evenings to feeder schools, visits to feeder schools and open evenings
Over 15 years experience as a French teacher and private tutoring.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Imposter Syndrome
- Undergraduates and PHD students
- Sixth Formers
- GCSE and A level Students
- Setting up your business
- Study preparation (organisational skills, time management, revision)
- Feeling of overwhelm
- small businesses and entrepreneurs
Photos & videos
Please do contact me so that we can have a quick chat to see what you are after and set up a first consultation :)
- Initial 30 min. consultation Free of Charge
- Pay as you go session or one off session £90
- Intensive 3 month package which includes up to 4 hour sessions (can be taken in one go), text and email support: £ 300
- 6 month package which includes up to 6 hour sessions (can be taken in one go), text and email support: £ 400
Bespoke packages are available on request
- Special rates for students and concessions
- Corporate and school packages available on demand
"Carole is very friendly and down to earth. She is easy to chat to and I feel very comfortable telling her anything. She has really helped me improve my self confidence and understand my emotions and how to deal with them better. I would definitely recommend her to anyone! Thank you Carole!" Kayleigh, PhD student at British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge
"I've been having sporadic sessions with Carole over the past year and these have been incredibly helpful. Carole is warm but also very to the point. She spots on the knots, both profession al and personal, and helps to disentangle them. I highly recommend her." Joana, British Academy Postdoctoral Research Fellow at LSE, London
"I started working with Carole to 'unstick' my thinking about my professional life; an easy rapport together with Carole's gentle yet incisive questioning and her respect for pauses have enabled me to discover for myself what I intuitively know. As a direct result of working with Carole my blocks are being removed and I am moving forward in a manner that feels right for me. I enjoy working with Carole: there are moments of calm, of reflection, of laughter, and of excitement at self-discoveries, "lightbulbs" and emerging goals. I am happy to recommend Carole's services to anyone who feels that coaching may help them move forward". Sabra, Weight and Wellbeing Consultant, Tarporley
"Carole is a very committed, supportive and friendly coach, as well as very down to earth. If you are looking for support to achieve your life goals, Carole is an excellent choice!" Orlando, Developer Consultant, Cambridge
"Carole helped me get clarity and perspective around some issues. I found her coaching very helpful, insightful and compassionate. I feel more relaxed , empowered and even excited about stuff which was giving me anxiety before :)Thanks Carole!" Leyla, Yoga and Belly Dance instructor, Cambridge
"I would like to recommend Carole Douillot for her amazing approach and communication skills. I had one session with her and it was enough to experience an important realisation that have been dormant for years. During my time with her i felt at ease and the comfortable setting of her home gives an atmosphere of intimacy and trust.You will feel a great relief and clarity about your next move if you have doubt. Thanks again Carole". Karim, Natural Health Consultant, Cambridge
"Carole was just starting out when she offered me her ear....and what kind ears. She is excellent at holding a space for me to express my thoughts and find answers in them...without spoon feeding or influencing me in any way. Thank you Carole xx". Emily, yoga instructor, Cambridge
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French Spanish|
Week days 9:30am - 7pm