Stance matters – releasing latent potential. The foundations of the human emergence framework.
An eight module virtual programme
A caterpillar ‘knows’ what it has to become, its path of transformation is mapped out for it, but transformation for us is a process of exploration, and to explore
we must travel over the horizon towards the unknown. – Bill Sharpe.
Are you wanting to support and lead change, but not sure how? Are you searching for viable solutions to complex, wicked problems? Then this programme is for you…
What is the purpose of this programme?
The purpose of this programme is to release the latent complexity-aware capacities that exist within you.
What is now irrefutable is that there exists an invisible megatrend of emergent human thinking systems. New forms of thinking are latent in many individuals, yet are constrained by societal norms that were established in earlier, less complex times. When these new forms of thinking emerge within us, we have the capacity to resolve the complexity of the times and create a platform for a new era.
Whether you are a freelance practitioner of change, a leader within an organisation, or are simply interested in your own personal development, the thinking-stance you adopt as you navigate through increasingly complex times matters.
Why? The place in which you stand as you observe, think, design, and deliver has a dramatic effect on the outcome of your work. Stance matters. The stance we invite is ‘integral-holistic’.
Here is what we mean by stance. It’s not what you do, it’s who you are; it’s not what you think, it’s how you think; it’s not what you were taught, it’s what you intuitively know that makes the difference.
This foundational level programme stimulates your awareness of the fundamental patterns and deep dynamics of human change for the purposes of refining your stance.
Which competencies are developed?
The ability to…
- Utilise integral theory as a metaphor, map, and compass for navigating through complexity.
- Recognise the patterns of human development that shape our thinking, our biology, our culture and social systems.
- Think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees.
- Navigate complexity using guiding principles rather than a rulebook.
- Craft win-win-wins for self, organisation, and planet.
What is the intent of this workshop?
To equip you with the ability to nurture the emergence of integral/holistic consciousness in self and others, by learning to create the life conditions which support natural, intentional adaptation to changing life conditions.
What is the human mergence Framework?
The Human Emergence Framework (HEF) offers a basic structure for the art, science and practice of human emergence. The framework equips you to develop a repertoire of practices for supporting yourself and others to adapt to changing life conditions. Most importantly, the framework enables you to translate theory into reality.
HEF meshes several holistically-informed points of view into a set of metaphors, principles and practices which enable human emergence, including, 'The Theory of Process' by Arthur Young, 1976; 'The Graves Technology' by Clare W. Graves, 1978; 'Holistic Management' by Allan Savory, 1985; 'Integral Theory' by Ken Wilber, 1991; 'Spiral Dynamics' by Don Beck and Chris Cowan, 1996; and 'Solonics' by Christopher and Sheila Cooke, 2012.
- That stance matters — it’s not what you do, it’s who you are that makes the difference.
- The core dynamics and first principles of the invisible megatrend of human emergence.
- The foundations of human stage development theory.
- A range of practices to self-manage your own emergence.
- Examples from many sectors.
Be able to…
- Recognise and support your own emergence and that of others.
- Recognise the surface patterns of the stages or waves of development in individuals, cultures, social, and business systems.
- Apply to your chosen context with quick benefit.
- Use research instruments that expand your awareness and provide meaningful engagement with others.
- An internal sense of how value systems are shaped at the most fundamental level.
- A rich and meaning-filled interactive journey informed by elegantly simple metaphor.
- A collaborative journey towards integral mastery.
- An exploration of how to think in new ways about the challenges and barriers you may face.
Participants have said…
“Thank God I’m not going crazy!”
“It was like having a veil lifted from my eyes.”
Who will benefit from attending?
- Those who attend this event are interested in exploring new ways to make sense of the increasing complexity in the world around them.
- People who want to support their own development, or the development of others will benefit, including advisors, coaches, facilitators, change agents, human resource professionals, teachers, leaders, managers, parents and grandparents.
We welcome those who are exploring the territory for the first time, as well as those who have already been introduced to integral thinking. All will benefit. There are no prerequisites.
- Have access to 'A Theory of Everything' by Ken Wilber.
- Obtain a copy of the book 'Spiral Dynamics' by Beck and Cowan.
- Complete online self-assessments.
- Unwrap your insatiable curiosity!
Following registration you will be invited to start your journey from ‘curiosity’ towards ‘base camp’, enabling life-long practice of human thinking theory and human change theory.
Session one: curiosity – our mutual life conditions and theoretical orientation
- Meet your fellow explorers.
- The basic framing of human thinking theory and human change theory.
- The context we share and the need for complexity-aware thinking and practise.
- The lineage of seed minds on whose shoulders we now stand.
- Universal ‘key insights’.
- Basic distinctions – what is a value?
- Home play.
Session two: thoughtful – pressing the pause button
- Checking in on terminology.
- Eight principles of human emergence.
- The ‘meme’ or ‘message carrier’.
- Home play.
Sessions three, four and five: impressionistic – human thinking theory
Three Sessions that allow participants to gain a taste of each coping system and how it shows up in their lives…
Experience the contexts, codes, and expressions of each coping system:
Session three – survival sense, tribal bond, impulse power and home play.
Session four – truth force, strive drive, human equity, and home play.
Session five – integrative flow, holistic being and more, and home play.
Session six: expansive – human change theory
- The change dynamics of human emergence.
- The conditions for change towards more complex thinking.
- Home play.
Session seven: revelation – meta processes and application
- Elaboration, support and activation intelligences.
- Application – practices and tools revealed.
Session eight: base camp – poised to engage…
- Flexing my integral/holistic wings.
- What the future holds.
- Future offerings – schedule.
- Celebration and certificates.
A human emergence framework level one certificate of completion will be issued.
Who are the trainers?
Christopher and Sheila Cooke of '5 Deep Limited' are recognised internationally for their pioneering application of integral thinking. They operate as educators, advisors, mentors and speakers. They have a combined 30+ years experience pioneering comprehensive change efforts across all sectors in 15+ countries in the world.
We run regular events throughout the year - please contact me for details.
Pricing and payment terms
Pricing is 450 pounds sterling, excluding VAT. (VAT is chargeable in Europe only).
You may pay by bank transfer, Paypal, or major credit card.
Hosted by Christopher Cooke
Who are the trainers? Christopher and Sheila Cooke of '5 Deep Limited' are recognised internationally for their pioneering application of integral thinking. They operate as educators, advisors, mentors and speakers. They have a combined 30+ years experience pioneering comprehensive change efforts across all sectors in 15+ countries in the world.