Psych-BSc | EMCC Coach Practitioner
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This is your time.
To break through your barriers.
To step into the brightest and most purpose-filled version of you.
I use a psychological approach to help untangle blocks and bring awareness to seemingly invisible forces holding people back from their goals. From here, choices emerge, things become possible.
By working creatively, we work to help you break from the hold of habitual patterns and create lasting change. We work collaboratively to promote your own personal evolution as a way to achieve this. We empower you to move forward by yourself once our work together is done.
Principles I Work From:
- There's nothing wrong with you. We can all get stuck when we don't upgrade our way of operating in line with changes required of us in life. With work, you absolutely can change this.
- We can make friends with our inner critics and self-saboteurs. When we do, paradoxically, we can manage them better.
- Change takes place from action, not only from thinking differently
- You are simultaneously the expert of your life, and yet also hold the least objective view of it. Powerful change can begin from insight into the bits of you that others see, but you don't (because we're human).
Let's get you moving in the direction you want.
The work is serious, but we try and have fun with it, too ;)
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an EMCC-accredited Coach Practitioner and Associate Member of the EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council). I hold a Psychology BSc from the University of Liverpool, with a special interest in social and positive psychology.
I led, developed and coached sales teams at blue-chip businesses within the corporate FMCG sector for 13 years and co-founded a sales coaching consultancy in 2015. I now work with a broad range of clients on a 1-2-1 and team basis.
I have extensive experience in mindfulness meditation, and mindful methodology features strongly in my practise. I am also a music producer and DJ and work with other creatives in this space to promote creative expression and wellbeing.
European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
EMCC UK is part of the Europe-wide European Mentoring & Coaching Council.
Together their aim is to promote good practice and the expectation of good practice in mentoring and coaching across Europe.
EMCC is an independent, impartial and non-profit making organisation.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Coaching for Creativity
When I work
I may have more availability than listed here on a given week. If these times are not suitable, feel free to contact me with your preferable date.
Selection of recent testimonials
- "Tom is an incredible coach & I can't recommend him highly enough and I am so grateful for the support, guidance & warm approach he always provides as I navigate my inner world. As I transitioned from being employed to self-employment I needed support to stay on track and work through difficult blocks and emotions that I anticipated would come up. Over my time working with Tom he has helped me work through all of that and so much more! Always able to see the bigger picture, the practical work has enabled me to stay focussed and the deep work of self discovery Tom has given me the space to explore has opened up many doors for me, freeing up parts of me that I had kept hidden for years. I feel more free to be myself than I have felt in a long time and am grateful to Tom for the invaluable part he has played in this. I look forward to continuing our work together!" Senior leader and creative, Sept 2021
- "Tom has an accepting listening style and an innate ability to build trust. Tom's questioning style is deep, challenging and thought provoking." Sales trainer and performance coach, June 2021
- "Had wonderful sessions with Tom. He’s a great coach and very wise. It was a pleasure working with him. Each session was very insightful and helped me significantly to move forward. He is an asset for anyone contemplating a coach." Senior corporate lawyer, April 2021
- "In my first two sessions with Tom, he has helped me understand my goals and given me the clarity and focus I need to go about achieving them. He creates a very natural environment, he really listens to understand me and uses questions that explore the deeper meaning behind my beliefs. I would highly recommend Tom to anyone who is looking to try coaching." Sales director, coach & entrepreneur, Feb 2021
- "Tom is focussed upon discovering the underlying needs of his clients.I found his coaching valuable in enabling me to navigate a certain amount of complexity and in the process, to drop mind clutter. Tom enabled me to focus on essentials and find clarity, which, for me was very valuable. I would recommend Tom to anyone in need of Tom's warm but thorough approach. " Filmmaker & director, Jan 2022
- "Tom is incredible to work with. He instantly made me comfortable and at ease. He works in such a way that by the end of a session you instantly feel more enlightened, positive and motivated to attack your goals and ambitions. He poses challenging questions and makes you look deep inside yourself to make you aware of your blocks and helps to work through them. I recommend him to anyone who’s willing to put the work in!" Professional actor, Feb 2022