BA (Hons); BSc (Hons) Psychology; AACC: Coaching Education
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am an ADHD coach - (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder), Executive Function coach and Life coach. Trained and certified with ADDCA global leader in ADHD and Life Coaching.
Coaching practice - The Mind Pathway
My coaching practice is based on a collaborative partnership, in which I provide a safe platform to enable and empower you to achieve your objectives, goals and personal growth by creating self-awareness. By developing strategies to make conscious choices, generate new habits, action plans, find solutions, acknowledge intentions, make easy decisions, and be accountable. The coaching enables you discover who you are, uncover what you really want and provide the path to an enhanced quality of life whether it is personal, academic, or business or all.
In coaching as part of self-discovery you get to understand executive functions, what your strengths and challenges are, your motivators, interests, passions, processing modalities, barriers to progress and how to overcome them, triggers and what makes you tick, awareness of your unique brain and learning how to manage it, are just some examples. Coaching for me is seeing how people, young or old can transform and achieve what they thought impossible to be possible.
We are all fortunate as our brains are neuroplastic, meaning, our ability to pick up new habits, new perceptions, new narratives and create new neural pathways are constant and life long.
Types of Coaching
ADHD coaching - the coaching focuses on getting to know your biological underpinning of your unique brain wiring, strategies to manage your ADHD, your strengths and talents. The coaching enables and empowers you to ignite your interests and discover your passions by creating self awareness, building self confidence and self esteem, personal growth, and self discovery.
ADHD is believed to affect 1 in 20 individuals; it can be diagnosed at any point in a lifetime and according to the classification of the DSM-5 falls into 3 subtypes:
- inattentive - easily distracted, difficulty focusing particularly on one task. Once referred to as ADD
- impulsive and hyperactive - fidgeting, in constant motion
- combined - inattentive, impulsive and hyperactive - the most common
ADHD is often more difficult to pick up in girls and adults as the diagnostic process according to the DSM-V, the standard protocol. is based on ages 6-12 years and hyperactivity is less obvious. Sadly this can lead to misdiagnosis and misunderstanding. Hyperactivity only occurs in 25% of children and 5% of adults. It is thought ADHD is more a of deficit of channelled attention as is in some cases such as doing things which are interesting, there is no issue with attention, such as with computer games, or projects you enjoy. Where there is novelty, a challenge, sense of urgency or passion there is often no issue with attention. Understanding what is important, rewards and consequences however can be more difficult. ADHD is situational, when there is interest getting on task is no problem as is attention, when there is little to no interest it is difficult to get motivated into action. Hence the label of lazy is often applied as the outside it is difficult to understand.
Some of the challenges with ADHD are being able to regulate self and emotions, executive functions (sometimes referred to the management system) such as with organisation, working memory, getting on task, sustained attention; rejection sensitivity, boredom, perfectionism, overwhelm, negative thoughts for example. Conversely and often forgotten ADHD has many super strengths and benefits, such as with creativity, spontaneity, ability to hyper focus, intuitive, and many more.
ADHD family coaching, I work with families building ADHD awareness and coach the parents to support their child or adolescent as well as the child or adolescent. Extensive research points to the more family intervention and awareness of ADHD, the more reduced the symptoms are. ADHD is believed to be very genetic. ADHD coaching is really about about learning to manage your brain and uncovering your superpowers and passions.
Executive Function coaching - we look at strategies to help strengthen your executive functions and ways to overcome challenges. Executive Functions are often referred to as the management system of our brains, they are essential to executing tasks, whether it is starting or finishing a project, decluttering, making decisions, organising projects, planning what has to be done, being able to recall information. Executive functions include, attention, working memory, organisation, planning and prioritising, time management, getting on task, response inhibition (thinking before speaking or acting and consequences), flexibility, emotional control, stress management, problem solving, goal direction, are just some examples. They are fundamental to our everyday living, academia and working life.
Life Coaching encourages self-discovery, finding solutions, creating strategies, acknowledge intentions, choices, action and accountability. Life coaching applies to ADHD coaching as well, the difference I also work with the ADHD.
Some Reasons to be Coached
For all coaching my approach is transformative whether you are a student, a professional, parent or family. I believe everyone is coachable if they are open to taking steps to make changes, for personal growth and self awareness.
- We sometimes get stuck, and don't understand how to make the next step to get where we want to be or maybe we don't even know what that step might be.
- You maybe looking to change careers, or change jobs within a company, or be looking to return to work after having a family, or maybe set up your own company? Struggling with motherhood, work life balance? Are you in the wrong job? Are you looking to change career?
- Wanting to build on your executive functions, such as with organisation, getting on task, planning and prioritising, transitioning or flexibility, emotional control or sustaining attention, response inhibition, working memory. and goal direction. In learning about your strength and challenges of your executive functions, you can build on them and work to execute tasks more efficiently. Executive functions are believed to be a higher indicator of success in academic and working life. If you find you are struggling with your executive functions or you have ADHD you may find you:
- regularly miss deadlines with essays, homework or projects?;
- forget to take note of what you have to do as in homework or projects at work
- are you often late
- are disorganised
- often tune out mid conversation or not listen to instructions, so not know what to do so fail to get on task.
- get easily upset or angry with little provoking
- If you suspect you have ADHD
- If you have ADHD or recently diagnosed ADHD
- For all ADHD challenges, understanding brain wiring, super strengths, and what barriers to overcome to reach goals.
- Coaching for all families with ADHD includes ADHD awareness, family coaching and or individual coaching.
Coaching sessions are one hour long. Coaching included half hour free introductory call
- One to one Coaching for students and adults
- Small group Coaching
ADHD Consultancy & Awareness (times to be discussed)
- Family ADHD consultancy & awareness
- Education/Business ADHD consultancy & awareness
- Small group ADHD awareness and Coaching
Executive Function Consultancy & Awareness
- Family Executive Function consultancy & awareness
- Education/Business Executive Function consultancy & awareness
- Small group Executive Function awareness and Coaching
Support with Access to Work (atW) specific to an ADHD diagnosis
Please contact Pippa Farley for further information or to book:
Mobile: 07813 672 040
Training, qualifications & experience
- DISC Certified
- ADDCA Associate Certified Coach. ADD Coach Academy (ADDCA) accredited, fully accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Professional Association of ADHD Coaches (PAAC), the accrediting bodies of the Life Coaching and ADHD Coaching professions.
- Certified Coaching for Families. Coach Academy (ADDCA) accredited, fully accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Professional Association of ADHD Coaches (PAAC), the accrediting bodies of the Life Coaching and ADHD Coaching professions.
- Certificate of Core Executive Function Coaching Skills
- Parent Gym, accredited coach
- Psychology Degree BSc (Hons) (research - working memory and Autism)
- NOCN level 3 SpLD
- Politics and Economics BSc (Hons)
- Trained with ADDCA - the global leader and pioneer in the specialty arena of ADHD Coach Training and Education. ADDCA is first and largest comprehensive ADHD Coach Training Program fully accredited by the ICF and PAAC. (ACTP and AACTP accredited).
- Specialised in Simply ADHD, personal transformation, ADHD, executive function and life coaching and family coaching.
- Connections in Mind 2 day executive Function coaching course plus employee for 14 months for charitable arm focusing on train in education.
- Have over 250 coaching hours; ADHD consultancy for schools on ADHD awareness; Family coaching;
Work life Experience
SEN teaching assistant in a local primary school as part of the qualification process for Level 3 SpLD teaching certification. Focusing on supporting children with attentional challenges and dyslexia.
Part of a team setting up the children and Young People’s service specialising in ADHD for Re: Cognition Health in 2016, one of the leading cognitive health providers in the UK.
Connections in Mind Foundation 2018 she worked as a school liaison officer and as head of projects with a focus on executive functions and neurodiversity.
Qualified as coach for the Parent Gym, coaching groups of parents from diverse socio-economic environments.
ADDCA training; Coaching; Workshops: ADHD awareness - education and families - over 250 hours
Post university worked in magazine publishing in marketing - IDG communication
IT Account Management of which 3.5 years were in Melbourne Australia. Pippa looked after large corporates, including Vodafone, Guardian IT Disaster Recovery, Commercial Union, and Bosch, handling million pound plus projects.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
ADHD coaching for the young and old
Executive Function Coaching
From £70.00 to £85.00
Free initial telephone session
Fees are to be discussed with Pippa Farley.
Please call or email for further details.
Having 2 children with ADHD, both of whom present very differently, lead me down the route of psychology and coaching. My interest lead to setting up my company Mind Pathway, for ADHD, executive function and life coaching.