Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Coaching is available face-to-face, online (via zoom) or by phone.
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read my profile. My name is Heather Dempster, my business, called Javelin Success, is based in Co Down, Northern Ireland. I provide a coaching, mentoring, and training consultancy service for individuals, small groups, employees and employers, helping people achieve success, in the various areas of life, work. I am a member of the Association for Coaching (MAC). I also speak at events in the areas of leadership communication, emotional intelligence etc.
I have a very genuine interest in people and particularly in the promotion of mental health, well-being and resilience. Having graduated as a mature student in 1999 as a wife and mother whilst working part-time and managing the home, I understand the pressures people face, in trying to juggle study, work, business, family and still finding time for you.
Through coaching I come alongside you allowing you to look at your core values, helping you to solve that problem or make that decision which is so difficult to do alone and giving you the tools to deal with what hinders you from living life to the full. It's about enabling you. Thank you, Heather!
Training, qualifications & experience
I graduated at Queen's University Belfast, with an Honours Degree in Psychology and Information Management and completed the University Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring, School of Management (Queen's University, Belfast).
- I gained my Diploma In Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), through the Institute of Counselling and West University, Scotland, having completed the certificate the previous year.
- I also have a Teaching Certificate and have lectured part-time for the Northern Regional College in the areas of Personal Development, and English for Speakers of other languages.
- In 2016 I completed the Advanced Diploma in Nutrition via the Shaw Academy
- I have a wide and varied experience of work within the Public, Private and Voluntary sectors, particularly in the areas of Project Management, Training, Education, Communication, IT and Mental Health.
- A Full member of the Association for Coaching (MAC), a member of the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) with an ILM Leadership Certificate.
- I have a lot of experience in working with students with mental health needs, including depression, anxiety, dealing with stress and with those people who have learning and processing needs such as Dyslexia and ADHD.
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Training in the following:
- Confidence Building
- Emotional intelligence
- Managing conflict
- Stress Management
- Personal Effectiveness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Resilience
- Training and workshops for older people
Speaking events, eg, Leadership, Communication,
Undergraduate and Graduate Mentoring
I offer mentoring and coaching to Undergraduates and Postgraduates, enabling you to achieve success in your studies, helping with time and stress management throughout the course and when preparing for exams.
Workshops, Training and Coaching are also provided within the workplace, including Goal-setting skills, Improving Work-Life balance, Self Management, Stress Management and many more courses are available.
I provide workshops for older people, to help build confidence, deal with fear, and conflict resolution at an individual level, anger management, dealing with retirement, coping mechanisms and stress management.
Included in business coaching and career coaching, I also provide help with preparing for interviews and giving presentations.
Free initial telephone session
My fees vary depending on which service I am providing, so it is best to contact me so we can work out what your needs are. My fees are fairly competitive and you will definitely receive value for money. You can arrange an initial phone conversation to find out more information and to decide if you would like to have coaching sessions at 07800978121
When I work
Coaching is available in person, by phone, zoom, facetime or whatsapp. Monday to Friday incl. (9am to 5pm). Also available Tuesday, and Thursday evenings.
I am currently providing coaching globally as I use Zoom, WhatsApp, phone etc
I am based in County Down and am happy to travel in County Down, County Antrim, Co Tyrone, County Armagh and the Belfast area for face-to-face coaching.