As a coach, facilitator and coach supervisor of over 18 years experience, I operate with an holistic approach to people development using an innovative and bespoke structure for individuals backed up by a raft of profiling tools and models to illustrate and enable learning. I use technology as appropriate to help maximize that learning and add value. I work across cultures and industry sectors.
My style is open and collaborative using real workplace or personal circumstances to aid learning, underpinned by an understanding of personal values, the bedrock of success and fulfilment. I use a lightness of touch creating great empathy with clients.
I am Managing Director and founder of 4sight Communications, served for 20 years in the Armed Forces with both British and Gurkha troops operating across the world including Belize, the Far East, Northern Ireland and the Falkland Islands as well as part of the Rhine Army in Europe (BAOR). Leaving the Services, I headed up the public relations campaign for a national organisation based in London appearing regularly on TV and radio as well as in the print media. Calling on my considerable experience of leading people I returned to the world of personnel management as an HR consultant within the Institute for Independent Business International (IIB) before specialising in Personal and Leadership Development through the medium of coaching.
I became a Justice of the Peace in 2005 and ‘sit’ on the Cambridgeshire ‘Bench’ where I am a ‘Presiding Justice’, an ‘appraiser’ of other Magistrates, a member of the Lord Chancellor's Advisory Committee for Cambridgeshire and help with raising awareness of the Justice system to young people and schools.
How can life coaching help ?
- raising self awareness and self worth.
- clarify where they are in 'life' now - clear the 'mist' surrounding them.
- understand their core values and what it is that is important to them.
- prioritise and align their core values with actions.
- create a vision for the future.
- turn 'dreams' into a reality and ........
- realise a more balanced and fulfilled life.
Business and/or Executive coaching helps senior executives and their teams maximise their expertise in:
resulting in a more engaged staff, less conflict, higher moral, reduced employee absence and greater productivity.
Coaching Supervision provides a ‘health check’ on a coach's:
- quality of service
supporting them to maintain and improve standards.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am qualified and have been a professional coach for over 18 years, working with both private individuals (Personal & Life coaching) and organisations (Business, Executive and Leadership coaching). I am also a qualified 'Coach Supervisor'. I have a programme of 'continuous professional development, and a member of the Coaching Academy and accredited as a Supervisor with the Coaching Supervision Academy. I am also qualified to conduct, interpret and discuss a number of ipsative and normative psychometric assessments. Relevant qualifications are:
- Life Coaching - Certificate and Diploma
- Executive Coaching - Diploma
- Supervision - Diploma
- Psychometric Assessment (a number including ones involving personality, leadership, mental toughness and 360 degree feedback)
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
A FREE ½ hr discussion, before any commitment is always available to prospective coaches or candidates for Supervision:
Life Coaching £250 (1 hour session)
Psychometric Assessments (on-line) £225 (1 hour session)
[includes a 1 hr debrief via voice link]
Coach Supervision cost of your coaching sessions + 20% (1 hour session)
Leadership Coaching £350 (2 hour session)
Executive / Business Coaching £350 (2 hour session)
Coaching - Session Types There are various methods by which coaching can be carried out. In each case I shall be there for you and you alone, giving you 100% attention and commitment and I shall expect the same from you:
- Face-to-Face coaching I am happy to travel (within reason !) to a location of your choice; it should be free from normal interruptions so that you will not be disturbed unnecessarily. (There will be an additional cost for travel).
- Telephone/Skype/Facetime While it may not seem that all methods of non verbal communication are possible using these methods, it is surprising how acute the sensitivity of your other senses are in order to compensate for the lack of vision and physical contact. In this method I shall require coaches to call me on a given number at a specific time.
- On line coaching This is the least intimate form of coaching but can achieve a considerable amount; it allows time for reflection in order to answer questions and maintains an accurate record of any discussion. I would recommend that the use of on-line coaching should be combined with some sessions using the other methods in order to obtain the maximum benefit.
If a series of sessions are planned we shall agree some 'homework' to be carried out between sessions !
As a Coach Supervisor I work with professional Coaches providing a 'health-check' on their resourcing, development and quality of service, supporting them to maintain and improve standards in their profession.
"David worked with me as an executive and personal coach from April 2013 to February 2014. I found him to be totally professional, very objective and a pleasure to work with. He assisted me greatly in clarifying my objectives and achieving these, recognising the importance of both my personal goals and the needs of my employer. I would have no hesitation in recommending him."
"David is an excellent coach and professional supervisor with a positive coaching style. He encourages reflection by insightful questioning and works with you to develop a plan of action to achieve your goals, offering support and challenge equally."
"David is an individual who is both highly personable and of high integrity. I engaged with David throughout the course of 2010 and into 2011 and I have no hesitation in recommending his professional services as a life coach to anyone wishing to enhance their career and personal understanding. In particular David teaches about the importance of a work/ life balance and questions your true values in both business and in life. If you are interested in openess and dont mind being challenged in a constructive way, please see David - he is a true gentleman."