What parents of anxious children must know
We all know these are stressful, busy times and anxiety is now endemic both in children and adults. Anxiety has no respect for age, background or profession - it can strike anyone at any time. It now constitutes nearly 80% of my work. I see more and more children, particularly adolescents, who are very vulnerable to anxiety at this crucial stage in their emotional and cognitive development.
I have developed a set of training/workshops that will help children overcome this debilitating condition. However, first of all, I want to talk with you, the parents, as it’s essential you know what is available and what works for your child. I will be giving some complimentary talks which are aimed at parents with anxious children to provide some helpful information and strategies as a parent, to understand and help your child in the first instance.
The initial talk will take place in the Twickenham area and will last around 45 minutes, during which I will cover the following:
- The differences between worries, stress, anxiety and panic attacks
- What not to do when a child has an anxiety attack
- How to stop a panic attack in less than 15 seconds
- Why talking therapies can be ineffective
- Why instead of reducing anxiety we have to change the brain
- How the anxious/depressed brain can be rewired (neuroplasticity)
- How the group workshops for children are designed.
About Denise Bosque
Denise Bosque is a therapist, coach and trainer (since 2001) in private practice. She's worked in multiples schools helping children with confidence, exam nerves and self esteem. Denise has extensive training in NLP, Clinical Hypnotherapy, Anxiety Recovery, EMDR, Mindfulness and Drawing&Talking. She is DBS checked.